Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

pixelburp wrote: »
    More set pics have surfaced, as well as a horrendously airbrushed promotional shot, this time showing Selina Kyle and the young Bruce Wayne. The actor playing Kyle is the spit of Michelle Pfeiffer, I can't imagine that's a coincidence of casting.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/set-pics-from-gotham-reveal-first-look-at-selina-kyle-and-bruce-wayne

Yeah, that was posted before iirc; tbh I'd never trust any draft of a script prior to shooting considering how much can change before the cameras start rolling; hell things change even when they are shooting. The article also seems to ignore the fact it reads exactly like almost every US pilot conceived. Sure it's not original, but there's nothing in it that doesn't sound like your typical whistlestop tour of whatever world it is the script's establishing. Leave it to the later episodes to establish the subtly.

my concern is it'll be 90% cop proceadural with about 2 mins of story related to the Gotham world tagged on at the end of each episode. i have no interest watching something with a twist ala how Almost Human was a cop proceadural with a sci-fi twist.

either go all in or go home!

Alfred-Gotham-Large.jpg

He looks fat........

• Registered Users Posts: 60,300 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

jenjenten wrote: »
    He looks fat........

He looks more like how I pictured Inspector Lestrade in that picture than he did in Elementary.

He looks more like how I pictured Inspector Lestrade in that picture than he did in Elementary.

very early 1900's look or even late 1890's....though they say Gotham has a timeless quality, i expect a genre mashup....1930's suits and hats while driving modern police cars ala Robocop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I get more worried about the success of this as each day passes with the release of new information, hope im wrong because i want this to be so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

dr. who

man this show looks like a bbc production set in the 1890's or something...........

Looks like they are going with a Steampunk look.

gotham-jim-gordon.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There must be some mad rush to get these promotional pics into the ether - perhaps in anticipation of the various set photos that'll invariably leak - because they're all so uniformly terrible I'd hate to think anyone actually spent time on them. Really awful photoshop jobs in my mind. The Dr. Who comparison's off-base because the BBC do some really nice, cinematic promotional photos for that show - the above are hamfisted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Jim Gordon guy could be Sean Pertwee's son

The Riddler now cast. Cory Michael Smith to play Edward Nygma.

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Off topic posts deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This has been ordered to series and a teaser released

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/05/06/first-teaser-for-gotham-revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm not immediately blown away by it to be honest. My main problem is some of the poor dialogue being spouted, though it could just be taken out of context. I hope the show remembers that Gotham is to slide into darkness and ruin for Batman to be born; if Gordon's allowed to save the day then there'll be nothing for Wayne to be inspired by...

All that said, the trailer does scream 'pilot' so hopefully it'll bed down quick enough

edit: already embedded above, removing YouTube link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Bloody looking forward to this one, especially because Ben McKenzie is in it, he's a great actor who will do really well in this role IMHO.

It looks promising but with Fox, I fear episodes to air completely out of order and then cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They'd be stupid to do anything to mess this up. This is a big opportunity for them. It's a series with a fanbase already in place.

Of course, it is Fox.

I would like them to introduce characters not in the comics that can be expendable since they probably have rules in place where they can't kill off charcaters like The Penguin, for obvious reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

this would work great as a 12-16 episode a season show, fox done that with sleepy hollow, and ive heard most networks are looking into the cable model, with 20 plus episodes worth of story storylines begin to run thin by season 3, and most series long bad guys tend to outstay their welcome, like arrow at the moment on the CW,

• Advertisement

Have to say that it really does look bloody good, it's hard to judge from 2 minutes of footage but it appears that it's not going to be the sanitized and safe procedural I feared and it's obvious that a lot of care went into shaping the look of the show. Hopefully this will be the standout show for the coming year, after all, they have a wealth of material to choose from and it should be hard to mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Seems like its getting the monday night slot :D anyone know when it should be starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

CW should do this. They've had a very successful run with Arrow and Smallville

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Raf32 wrote: »
    Seems like its getting the monday night slot :D anyone know when it should be starting?
    September 9th according to the TVDB
    http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=274431&seasonid=573179&lid=7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

CW should do this. They've had a very successful run with Arrow and Smallville
    i really think HBO or AMC should have done it myself, i cannot wait to see the day a cable channel put a serious effort into a comic based show,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Still not sure how the kids/grown up dynamic will work in this show?

A video giving a better look at the show has been released; a lot of it is just talking heads from the production staff, waffling about the show with generic, over-enthusiastic soundbites, but some of the actual clips look interesting.

I'm becoming more optimistic about this from what I'm seeing, but equally becoming more worried this is going to be a show in the thrall of the Batman continuity. I hope not every episode descends into an origin tale for Popular-Enemy-X. I also still wonder just how science-fiction infused this world will be: will Clayface, Killer Croc and the more overtly fantastical characters turn up?

Carol Kane will play the mother of Oswald Cobblepot aka Penguin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

don ramo wrote: »
    i really think HBO or AMC should have done it myself, i cannot wait to see the day a cable channel put a serious effort into a comic based show,

Netflicks are doing "The Flash"

Advertisement