Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manbag: yes or no?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Sandals and Shorts

No, I'm not a girl.
    True independence and freedom is doing what you want to without seeking other peoples opinions.

If you want to wear a manbag. Wear one. But wear it like a man. And don't ever permit it to be called a man bag. >>

chuck-norris-album9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Some strange strange opinions on this thread.

I'm a student in Dublin. I find my satchel really useful for college (A4 pads and folders and tablet computers and whatnot), placement (to carry books, notes, and random stuff around hospitals - loads of doctors have embraced the satchel as a more professional looking alternative to a kiddy schoolbag), cycling (can rest it on the back of the bike and avoid the incredibly sweaty back that results from me cycling with a backpack), and generally gadding about town.

Literally cannot fathom why some people think it's so womanly or abhorrent that a man's bag should have slightly different dimensions and one strap instead of two.

Satchel?!?!?

Jesus suffering f**k. I'm moving to the Australian Outback or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

No, I'm not a girl.
    DeanAustin wrote: »
    Satchel?!?!?

Jesus suffering f**k. I'm moving to the Australian Outback or somewhere.

Off with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,603 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Off with you.

Beat him with your satchel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭donegal_man

What are all they guys who need a bag carrying? Outside of my laptop bag for work and backpack for a long hike I can't see any situation where I need to carry a bag of stuff around with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Beat him with your satchel :pac:

Or he could throw his bottle of moisturiser at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

No, I'm not a girl.
    DeanAustin wrote: »
    Or he could throw his bottle of moisturiser at me.

Ah right, you're a troll then. Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

No, I'm not a girl.
    My satchel/man-bag/whatever you choose to call it, is one of the best investments I have ever made. I don't bring it if I am just popping into town for a few minutes, cos then I just throw whatever I need into the car or pockets. However, if I am heading away for a day or possibly staying overnight somewhere, it is pure handy. Getting a bus? I have a book for the trip. Battery runs out so fast on phones these days, I have my phone charger right at hand. Going to the off licence early in the day and don't want to look like an alco? Man-bag does the job. Also handy if I have to run into the shop and get a few t-shirts, cos I hate having to carry bags around in my hands for the day (makes lighting cigarettes a slight burden). Also handy if I am staying over at a mates house for whatever reason. Phone Charger, change of t-shirt, socks and jocks. Handier than carrying a big empty gear bag.

People just have to try it to realise how handy they can be

Advertisement