Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manbag: yes or no?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭claypigeon777

Indiana Jones had one.

End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

We are all descended from a hunter/gathering society.
    Stuff hanging off your belt - you're a fierce hunter, leader and role model.
    Need a bag? You are a lowly gatherer, keep picking those berries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭worded

A jacket with a few extra pockets is all that's needed
    http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=96335

• Administrators Posts: 53,650 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No, I'm not a girl.
    I have one, would have no issue using it when I need a bag. The only time I ever bring a bag with me is when I'm walking to work. Any other time the phone, wallet and keys fit in my pockets. So I'm not using it like a woman uses a handbag.

My new work laptop doesn't fit in my "man bag", so I have been unable to use it lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

This is a manbag, no? Messenger bag in the op is just normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

or my school bag if it's bulky/heavy.
    I don't know, ever since turning 30 it doesn't seem right to use my A-Team school bag in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

get some cargo-pants...and a beard

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

I've a laptop bag which can be latched onto a bike. Not much goes into it, instead it's used to hold stuff I buy, ie. DVDs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

No, I'm not a girl.
    seamus wrote: »
    Bags are for people too lazy to plan ahead.

Really? :eek: :rolleyes:

Visit the city to do some light shopping, warm day so no coat required. Bring a book for on the bus, will use said bag to carry book, and any small purchases made, and keep my jeans pockets for phone, keys, wallet, and coins for bus fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

I always find that men who aren't comfy carrying such bags to be overly insecure.

Sure, "man bags" are too trendy for my tastes, but why do you fear getting slagged by carrying a laptop bag/messenger bag/satchel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

There's something seriously wrong with Irish society if people are offended by a guy wearing a messenger bag. If you want to wear one and it's practical for you then wear one. Nobody should judge you.

Not if he actually is a bike messenger. But not some eejit who want's people to think he lives in the East Village when he actually lives in his mam's house in Terenure.

Oddly enough the bag in the link looks nearly exactly like the Manhattan Porterage bag I lost about 5 years ago. Cost me €70 and contained my Laptop and half a thesis. It was neither messenger bag nor man bag.

BTW this is a man bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No, I'm not a girl.
    CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    keep my jeans pockets for phone, keys, wallet, and coins for bus fare.

And how does one fit the phone, wallet and keys(car keys) in the trouser pockets without them digging into my body? (coins fit fine :))

They don't fit in my jeans comfortably and hell i'm not buying another few pair of jeans just because some insecure cretin thinks carrying a bag is "unmanly". F*k him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Backpack, OP. Or that man card of yours will take a hammering....

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

No, I'm not a girl.
    If you're a straight male it's always a good to have some form of style. Having a man-bag is probably the tamest and least experimental form of metrosexuality. Don't be a pussy. Just dress well and get a man-bag. Girls appreciate a guy who doesn't mind being a bit trendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

No, I'm not a girl.
    gurramok wrote: »
    And how does one fit the phone, wallet and keys(car keys) in the trouser pockets without them digging into my body? (coins fit fine :))

They don't fit in my jeans comfortably and hell i'm not buying another few pair of jeans just because some insecure cretin thinks carrying a bag is "unmanly". F*k him.

Seems you quoted me out of context, I actually use a "man-bag" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

No, I'm not a girl.
    studiorat wrote: »
    Not if he actually is a bike messenger. But not some eejit who want's people to think he lives in the East Village when he actually lives in his mam's house in Terenure.
    Does he also have to be an athlete to wear a pair of runners and a baseball player to wear a baseball cap? Also I don't see why a person's location should dictate what they wear or carry around with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

No, I'm not a girl.
    My man bag contains my lunch, notepad (as in paper), pens, phone, phone usb cable, and a newspaper or magazine if I have bought one. Keys go in there to, stops them wrecking clothes. Whenever i buy something small in a shop it goes in the bag, simpler than carrying around another useless plastic bag. Sunglasses + case go in there when it's sunny.

Get it done, buy a bag and don't look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

No, I'm not a girl.
    Manbags are handbags. Men cannot walk around with handbags as a severe and merited beating will occur.
    I've never been beaten up and I always have a manbag. Brown leather yoke I bought in TK Maxx about 10 years ago. The only time anyone ever refers to it is to say "nice bag" and not sarcastically either. Blokes and women. Grand job, so it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Eh I wouldn't have much of a problem with it but I take it as shoving everything into my laptop bag, so much easier. Anyway I don't need a bag to bring around. Just a wallet and phone that's it. A bag is a pain in the back side.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

No, I'm not a girl.
    I've been doing it for years, am still doing it now. Function trumps fashion every time.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

No, I'm not a girl.
    Does he also have to be an athlete to wear a pair of runners and a baseball player to wear a baseball cap? Also I don't see why a person's location should dictate what they wear or carry around with them.
    Oh man, don't mention baseball caps or any item of clothing that's even vaguely alternative or you'll send the typical AH user into paroxysms of rage.

Seriously, this kind of ****e is cut from the same cloth as knackers calling blokes "fagg0ts" for having long hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Oh man, don't mention baseball caps or any item of clothing that's even vaguely alternative or you'll send the typical AH user into paroxysms of rage.

Seriously, this kind of ****e is cut from the same cloth as knackers calling blokes "fagg0ts" for having long hair.

No, baseball caps are fine.............

................if you're 12 years old :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I honestly can't imagine myself carrying so much stuff around town that I need a bag to put it all in. Phone, wallet, keys, that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

No, I'm not a girl.
    I never go anywhere without one TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I'm convinced, as soon as I get back from holidays I'm going to order one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Sweet sufferin' Jesus. 50 people have voted yes. Bunch of fannies.

It's just wrong for men to have handbags. Don't question it. It is, it always was and it always will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I should have put an age thing in the pole - for some reason I get the impression those voting yes are that bit older.

Advertisement