Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manbag: yes or no?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Why are you carrying so much sh*t around with you? You're not f*cking MacGyver

Put it down to being a weird if you like, I just like to have stuff to hand, either for work or hobby or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Do you really care what others think about whether you have a manbag or not? Others are not going to carry stuff around for you...so if its practical for you, why not?!

Translation: I have a man bag that would have made Liberace blush.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Put it down to being a weird if you like, I just like to have stuff to hand, either for work or hobby or whatever.
    I used to be like that too, but my pockets became so worn that it just wasnt worth it.
    Now it's just: Wallet, phone, keys.
    And in most cases, I end up only using one card in the wallet, would be better off in something like this:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/313033/photo-main.jpg?1353990688

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Jesus, no.
    The only man who can get away with carrying a man bag is Jack Bauer, and that's only because it's full of guns and bombs, maybe the odd doomsday virus and whatnot. What are you going to carry in yours?
    Some pens and a yoghurt?
    Now stop this nonsense, you're making a fool of yourself.

I do not eat yoghurt - I don't even understand yoghurt!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

One the one hand, I find that this kind of bag interferes with the microchip in your Man Card and invalidates it.

On the other hand, who cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

All the haters be hatin' :rolleyes:

Who wouldn't want to be seen with this Fab-u-lous piece of kit !!!:cool:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa_qnEUDjsPCat8YHA3KBx8fDFgZZLHZAO1Cn2a7glMFG7Ulx6

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wallet, phone, keys, coins.

What else could you need?

A little bit of forward planning will sort it right out. Work keys, car key and house key? Makes no sense, you can only be in one of those places at a time. If you drive to work, leave your house key in the car when you go into work and your work key in the car when you go home. When you get home, leave your car key at home until you need it. Keep one pen in your car, one pen on your desk in work, and a million pens in that kitchen drawer at home where everything without a place goes. Then you don't need to carry one.

Spare contact lenses? Overkill tbh. Once in the 15 years I've been wearing contacts have I had a contact emergency. Even then I just cycled home with one good. Keep a spare pair of glasses in your car and a bottle of saline in work; a good drop of saline will keep you going all day till you can get home and take the lens out.

Keep a phone charger in work and one at home. What the hell are you doing carrying a charger around with you?

Pen knife? Really? How many times a day do you find yourself taking it out? If you find yourself in need of a tiny knife every now and again, invest in a Swiss card.

Vaseline? Keep a tub in work and another one in the car.

Forward planning, that's all you're missing. Takes two seconds to think, "What do I need in the pub?". Well you don't need spare contacts, a pen knife, a pen, charger, eReader, usb keys, car key, work keys, paracetemol, and hopefully you don't need Vaseline in the pub.

Bags are for people too lazy to plan ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Thomasmartin

Dont do it!!

A backpack/gym bag is enough

KTRIC wrote: »
    All the haters be hatin' :rolleyes:

Who wouldn't want to be seen with this Fab-u-lous piece of kit !!!:cool:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa_qnEUDjsPCat8YHA3KBx8fDFgZZLHZAO1Cn2a7glMFG7Ulx6

It's nice like but I'm not sure of it's practicality? Would I be able to keep a screwdriver separate from an eReader to stop it scratching?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

I like man bags on men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

Very useful for hiding a wet penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    It's nice like but I'm not sure of it's practicality? Would I be able to keep a screwdriver separate from an eReader to stop it scratching?

A nice little matching clutch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Oh no a bag is threatening my masculinity.

Help me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

jaja321 wrote: »
    I like man bags on men.

Do you like vaginas on men too?

jaja321 wrote: »
    I like man bags on men.

How you doin'?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

aaakev wrote: »
    Do you like vaginas on men too?

Stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Do backpacks qualify as manbags?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Thomasmartin

Bambi wrote: »
    Do backpacks qualify as manbags?

no they dont!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

No, I'm not a girl.
    I bought the exact same one Jack Bauer has to carry my laptop around, but i dont think i pull it off as well as he does :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Phone, wallet, keys. All fit in jeans, trouser, or jacket (yes - winter is coming!) pockets.

Anything else you probably don't need, or you could get a gf and throw it in her handbag (just don't be needing it in a hurry).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Only if it's a nutsack.

seamus wrote: »
    Wallet, phone, keys, coins.

What else could you need?

A little bit of forward planning will sort it right out. Work keys, car key and house key? Makes no sense, you can only be in one of those places at a time. If you drive to work, leave your house key in the car when you go into work and your work key in the car when you go home. When you get home, leave your car key at home until you need it. Keep one pen in your car, one pen on your desk in work, and a million pens in that kitchen drawer at home where everything without a place goes. Then you don't need to carry one.

Spare contact lenses? Overkill tbh. Once in the 15 years I've been wearing contacts have I had a contact emergency. Even then I just cycled home with one good. Keep a spare pair of glasses in your car and a bottle of saline in work; a good drop of saline will keep you going all day till you can get home and take the lens out.

Keep a phone charger in work and one at home. What the hell are you doing carrying a charger around with you?

Pen knife? Really? How many times a day do you find yourself taking it out? If you find yourself in need of a tiny knife every now and again, invest in a Swiss card.

Vaseline? Keep a tub in work and another one in the car.

Forward planning, that's all you're missing. Takes two seconds to think, "What do I need in the pub?". Well you don't need spare contacts, a pen knife, a pen, charger, eReader, usb keys, car key, work keys, paracetemol, and hopefully you don't need Vaseline in the pub.

Bags are for people too lazy to plan ahead.

Call it insecurity but I like to have my keys with me, I've also been caught out leaving keys in the car and then realising I need them and the car is miles away.
    I like to carry a pen with me to do crosswords.
    I buy cheap contacts and although most of the time they are fine they occasionally go wrong and need to be replaced, I find it very uncomfortable with only one contact.
    I use my phone a fair bit between texts calls and games it can run down at odd times - often when I'm out of the house.
    Pen knife is very handy either at work or for use in the theatre (my hobby is helping out in a local am dram group)
    Vaseline - vital for me anywhere - I have psoriasis and it affect my face.
    So you see, it would be handy to be able to bring all the ****e with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Jesus, no.
    The only man who can get away with carrying a man bag is Jack Bauer, and that's only because it's full of guns and bombs, maybe the odd doomsday virus and whatnot. What are you going to carry in yours?
    Some pens and a yoghurt?
    Now stop this nonsense, you're making a fool of yourself.

This guy disagrees....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--K_KA_LVCxc/Tz0Y9gJiE4I/AAAAAAAAALk/7Q_y2a3gWnk/s1600/Indiana+Jones.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

No, I'm not a girl.
    I don't leave the house without my man bag. Buying a man bag was one of the finest decision i have ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

No, I'm not a girl.
    An Aldi bag for life does the job for me!

Man bag my a*se!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Unless you're wearing those stupid skinny jeans, in which case your masculinity is already in question and you may as well go the whole hog and buy a handbag, everything should fit in your pockets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

We are so slow to accept anything here, give it 5 years and we will have accepted them.

Oh please no!!

Advertisement