Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manbag: yes or no?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

No, I'm not a girl.
    have 3 different bags depending on what i require, I have a small dkny messenger bag which fits my android tablet and a few other things, I have a small backpack which I call my 'bug out bag' I keep it in the car, it has a towel, spare clothes, first aid kit, survival tin, food, GPS, solar charger and other assorted survival stuff, and then I have my main laptop bag, it has chargers, A4 folder, pencil case, lun I ch, hipflask and anything I might use in the next hour.

due to my little brothers unique sense of humor and the secret santa system my laptop bag has flowers printed on it, but people don't pass comment on it, at least no one has ever said anything to my face, but I am 1.85M tall and 100+Kg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

No, I'm not a girl.
    DeanAustin wrote: »
    Sweet sufferin' Jesus. 50 people have voted yes. Bunch of fannies.

It's just wrong for men to have handbags. Don't question it. It is, it always was and it always will be.
    Why do you think it's wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Why do you think it's wrong?

Because men aren't women.

No, I'm not a girl.
    Do you think it's wrong for women to wear trousers, because women aren't men? It's all social bullsh*t really.

By the way there's a big difference between a messenger bag and a handbag so I don't know why people are comparing the two.

Do you think it's wrong for women to wear trousers, because women aren't men? It's all social bullsh*t really.

By the way there's a big difference between a messenger bag and a handbag so I don't know why people are comparing the two.

It's not b*ll****. It's not right for a man to be carrying around a bag with a load of sh!te in it. If it doesn't fit in your pockets, leave it at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

It's not b*ll****. It's not right for a man to be carrying around a bag with a load of sh!te in it. If it doesn't fit in your pockets, leave it at home.

Then don't carry around a bag with you. Why not leave everyone else do what suits them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Ive got a sort of manbag for holidays. Very handy for holding guidebooks, cameras, suppositories, all the usual holiday stuff. Doubt I would use it here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

What do you mean "it's not right"? Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Grrrr. Beats chest.

Then don't carry around a bag with you. Why not leave everyone else do what suits them?!

Because if men become women and women become men, then where will society be? Manbags should be banned and those that use them should be locked up.

When did this country lose it's manhood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

The day you got whipped :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭irelandrover

No, I'm not a girl.
    Backpack, OP. Or that man card of yours will take a hammering....

Why is it ok to carry a bag with two straps but not ok to carry a bag with one.

Also for all you phone, wallet, keys people. why not get one of these and eliminate the wallet?

http://www.amazon.de/SPIGEN-SGP-Leather-Wallet-Samsung/dp/B00C6CRVNY/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1376054736&sr=8-11&keywords=galaxy+s4+leather+wallet

Why is it ok to carry a bag with two straps but not ok to carry a bag with one.

Also for all you phone, wallet, keys people. why not get one of these and eliminate the wallet?

http://www.amazon.de/SPIGEN-SGP-Leather-Wallet-Samsung/dp/B00C6CRVNY/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1376054736&sr=8-11&keywords=galaxy+s4+leather+wallet

Where am I suppose to put the coins???

I've a sh!te load of copper coins I carry every day

No, I'm not a girl.
    Nemeses wrote: »
    Where am I suppose to put the coins???

I've a sh!te load of copper coins I carry every day

where do you put them now? into the purse part of your wallet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

No, I'm not a girl.
    Because if men become women and women become men, then where will society be? Manbags should be banned and those that use them should be locked up.

Real men wouldn't be commenting on fashion at all though would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Am I the only one reading a lot of these posts in a made up gay voice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

P.C. wrote: »
    Am I the only one reading a lot of these posts in a made up gay voice?

Are you sure that is not your inner voice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

No, I'm not a girl.
    While I would have no problem carrying around the bag the OP posted for work/college related items,

I would draw the line at bringing that sort of thing on a night out, as that would be where the bag becomes more of a purse...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No, I'm not a girl.
    I think they are great for things like tablets, phones and so on, things that are bulky in a pocket, which just stretches them out of shape. Also I often buy a few things while I'm out, and can use a bag, much more comfortable to have one of those bags than carry a bag in your hand also. I even mostly bring a backpack these days.

No, I'm not a girl.
    But why isn't it right? So if a male student can't fit their notes and stuff in their pockets they should leave them at home?

I really don't know where this whole gender stereotyping comes from regarding messenger bags. They were originally designed for bicycle messengers and postal workers and not aimed at any gender in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I used to have one back in the 80's when I lived in Germany. More like a small handbag though, rather than a shoulder bag like in the OP's post. They were very common there, esp. at that time, and it was very handy I must say. Then I moved to the Netherlands, and was laughed at everywhere I went so stopped using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So if a male student can't fit their notes and stuff in their pockets they should leave them at home?

You're forgetting the wonder which is a backpack. They even have them for laptops these days too I hear.

No, I'm not a girl.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    You're forgetting the wonder which is a backpack. They even have them for laptops these days too I hear.
    I know, I was just questioning his logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Yes. But only the natural, organic one in tan and white. It carries all a man really needs. It's labeled SCROTUM

No, I'm not a girl.
    o1s1n wrote: »

And why is a bag with two straps ok yet one with one strap isnt. How about if i use a backpack but only use one strap?

Real men wouldn't be commenting on fashion at all though would they?

Precisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

And why is a bag with two straps ok yet one with one strap isnt. How about if i use a backpack but only use one strap?

I never said it wasn't okay - just be aware that you look like you're carrying a ladies handbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

No, I'm not a girl.
    I'd say everyone who has a problem with a man bag would equally slag someone off for using both straps on a backpack.

I've had to unfollow this thread as reading it makes me feel less manly and I can't be having that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

No, I'm not a girl.
    Some strange strange opinions on this thread.

I'm a student in Dublin. I find my satchel really useful for college (A4 pads and folders and tablet computers and whatnot), placement (to carry books, notes, and random stuff around hospitals - loads of doctors have embraced the satchel as a more professional looking alternative to a kiddy schoolbag), cycling (can rest it on the back of the bike and avoid the incredibly sweaty back that results from me cycling with a backpack), and generally gadding about town.

Literally cannot fathom why some people think it's so womanly or abhorrent that a man's bag should have slightly different dimensions and one strap instead of two.

Advertisement