Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 (2013)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭niallharty

This post has been deleted.

Oh ok I think I might do that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

niallharty wrote: »
    Why are people using parcel motel when GAME deliver to Ireland for the same price as a stay in the parcel motel €3.50?

I'm using the Parcel Motel because it will take 1 to deliver to parcel motel and i should be able to collect it around 8.30am
    Then it would be 3-5 days via the postal system direct to your door at about 4pm for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Aren't the first 2 deliveries via parcel motel free?

UK generally have it before us.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Thanks for the replies everyone. I see the 32GB Nexus is available on Argos for €229. This looks to be the V1 tablet. Do you think it will get lower than that or is patience the key and it might be available for less elsewhere. I know there are refurbished ones on eBay but I'd prefer to buy in Ireland as you know where you are in regards to warranty and things like that. I apologise if I'm hijacking this thread talking about the older version, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭droidman123

Thanks for the replies everyone. I see the 32GB Nexus is available on Argos for €229. This looks to be the V1 tablet. Do you think it will get lower than that or is patience the key and it might be available for less elsewhere. I know there are refurbished ones on eBay but I'd prefer to buy in Ireland as you know where you are in regards to warranty and things like that. I apologise if I'm hijacking this thread talking about the older version, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Thanks again.

I cant see the old nexus 7 32gb dropping too much more than 229 tbh.its a great tablet.i dont know how you are financialy,but for an extra 70 euros you will be able to get the new 32gb nexus 7 in a couple of weeks in pc world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hey all, I am just back from the states and picked up the latest nexus 7, great machine so far, very impressed with it. Had a blackberry playbook before and this is so much better. (Selling the playbook if anyone interested?)

So main question, has anyone seen cases in shops for this? I am heading away again next Saturday so this doesn't leave time for ordering online and would rather have case before I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

I bought mine on Amazon.com and should be delivered tomorrow using comgateway.

For the 32 GB version came in at 235 euro including delivery.

Hopefully wont have to pay VAT

i noticed my credit card had been charged for my nexus 7 which I ordered from pc world online last week. I went on to the site just now with my tracking order and it said it had been dispatched on the 13th august, but delivery date could not be confirmed. I wonder does that mean my order has been dispatched from the uk warehouse and maybe I will have my new nexus 7 delivered this week? any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I would be very wary of that - I think its a mistype on what is the WiFI-only 32GB model as they have a second 3G one listed at €309.99

suspect 3G model (more likely the WiFi only model) considering the previous retail price of it at €259.99 - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8141222/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780826%7CiPad+and+tablets%7C26491846.htm

3G model - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8140728/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780826%7CiPad+and+tablets%7C26491846.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

i noticed my credit card had been charged for my nexus 7 which I ordered from pc world online last week. I went on to the site just now with my tracking order and it said it had been dispatched on the 13th august, but delivery date could not be confirmed. I wonder does that mean my order has been dispatched from the uk warehouse and maybe I will have my new nexus 7 delivered this week? any thoughts?
    Hmm mine just says delivery date unavailable and status is "being picked".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hmm mine just says delivery date unavailable and status is "being picked".

Yep same here.

Edit: just added ''Order Ready'' to the list but shown on the 3rd August... odd

History
    Date
    Status

12 August 2013
    Order Accepted

12 August 2013
    Order Ready

13 August 2013
    Being Picked

13 August 2013
    Dispatched

on the tracking page of my nexus 7 order, don't know what to make of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

History
    Date
    Status

12 August 2013
    Order Accepted

12 August 2013
    Order Ready

13 August 2013
    Being Picked

13 August 2013
    Dispatched

on the tracking page of my nexus 7 order, don't know what to make of it.

Sounds like you may get a V1 rather than a V2.

Fiskar wrote: »
    Sounds like you may get a V1 rather than a V2.

Jeez i betrer not,i definitly ordered the v2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Yeah mine is now at the "order ready" status from the 13th.

I did notice that nowhere does it say which version it is! But I'm sure it will be the 2013 one.

I hope. :)

Strongly worded emails shall be written if it isn't!

what I cant really understand is even if it was "despatched" on the 13th august, and even if it was from the uk, I should have it by now either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭niallharty

Tesco Direct have a £20 discount when you use voucher code TDX-MJGQ. 32GB = £219, 16GB = £179

You can get it delivered to Ireland using Parcel Motel. The only problem is the expected delivery is 2 September. I don't know if I should get it or not because of that delay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cathy Makes Cards

I ordered mine from Game last night with delivery to Parcel Motel (delivery to NI) and my local being in RoI. I paid with PayPal and got a message this morning cancelling my order. The 'chat' person says

I have checked the status of your order and I can confirm that it has been rejected by our security system.

Unfortunately we’re not always given a reason as to why an order is rejected, we’re simply provided with a yes or no answer as to whether or not the order can be processed.

Happen to any of you folks?

Thanks - Cathy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not ordering a nexus, but have had Game orders cancelled using Parcel Motel for other stuff. Seems to be hit and miss going on other threads. Never had a problem with Parcel Motel with any other site, and every other site I've ever tried to use different billing and delivery addresses has managed it, but not Game whatever way they're set up.

Thanks Macy0161. At least it's not just me! Will try somewhere else :)
    Cathy

Thanks Macy0161. At least it's not just me! Will try somewhere else :)
    Cathy

Why not just wait for pc world to get stock? They will have them in a couple of weeks and if you have any after sales problems you can just pop into any of their stores for refund or replacement,no hassle with having to post it back overseas.

I ordered mine from Game last night with delivery to Parcel Motel (delivery to NI) and my local being in RoI. I paid with PayPal and got a message this morning cancelling my order. The 'chat' person says

I have checked the status of your order and I can confirm that it has been rejected by our security system.

Unfortunately we’re not always given a reason as to why an order is rejected, we’re simply provided with a yes or no answer as to whether or not the order can be processed.

Thanks - Cathy

I have ordered the new Nexus 7 from Game in the UK,
    set up an account with my home address as the billing address and the delivery address as Parcelmotel,
    Order went through no problem and had the conformation email from them saying order processed successfully etc.

Trying that now! What postal code did you use?

Oops - not a problem now I said I was in Ireland!!!

All done! Thanks Vote 4 Pedro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

Thanks - Cathy

Was it just last night you ordered it? Strange, I ordered mine from GAME to parcel motel's NI address and as far as i know the order is still going through!

tomtom101 wrote: »
    Was it just last night you ordered it? Strange, I ordered mine from GAME to parcel motel's NI address and as far as i know the order is still going through!

Must be that I used the shipping address and forgot to change to my home address for the billing address. Did it again today and seems OK so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Living in Belgium at the moment and they're not selling it here. Being sold as a regular Asus tablet and it's insanely expensive. I'm going to the UK in a few weeks and will order one online and get it delivered to my friend's address. Can anyone recommend the best online retailer for the new Nexus?

Also want to pick up a good case if anyone can recommend one. My first time buying a tablet so I'm a complete noob to this!

Living in Belgium at the moment and they're not selling it here. Being sold as a regular Asus tablet and it's insanely expensive. I'm going to the UK in a few weeks and will order one online and get it delivered to my friend's address. Can anyone recommend the best online retailer for the new Nexus?

Also want to pick up a good case if anyone can recommend one. My first time buying a tablet so I'm a complete noob to this!
    They will actually be available in the shops in the uk by the time you get to visit in a few weeks.pc world or currys would probably be your best bet.not sure if argos will have them also.

• Advertisement

At the moment Game.co.uk seems a good deal but in a few weeks when your in the uk you'll be able to just buy it in the shops

Advertisement