Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 (2013)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ahh shouldn't have left it so late.

Any good last minute deals for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

I sent PC World an email regarding the price change of the Nexus 7 V2 but they have it changed back to €299. I think I'll wait till the V2 is in store and accessories are available before getting it. I don't want to buy it and be afraid of using it before I can buy a case or protector. A mate of mine is going to buy the V1 32GB Nexus 7 up the north, converted to euro he should pay around €199 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I know it was asked earlier, but has anyone found a decent wireless charging pad? I emailed pc world asking if they would be stocking any but haven't had a response yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

Hi, quick question - anyone who ordered from game know when they plan to dispatch them? Looking at my tracking page really gives me no indication!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

tomtom101 wrote: »
    Hi, quick question - anyone who ordered from game know when they plan to dispatch them? Looking at my tracking page really gives me no indication!

I ordered from Game and just looking at there web site it says "due for release on August 28th"
    i was thinking i might have it by then but that's not going to happen :(,
    also my payment card that i gave them has not been charged yet,
    it's showing on the ordered as paid £224.99 with card no. *****7876 etc. but no money has actually been taken yet ??
    so it's not ready for shipping just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭droidman123

I ordered from Game and just looking at there web site it says "due for release on August 28th"
    i was thinking i might have it by then but that's not going to happen :(,
    also my payment card that i gave them has not been charged yet,
    it's showing on the ordered as paid £224.99 with card no. *****7876 etc. but no money has actually been taken yet ??
    so it's not ready for shipping just yet

I think these tracking facilities can be a joke sometimes.I ordered mine from pc world two weeks ago,yesterday I checked the status in my tracking number, it said it was delivered since the 21st august!!!

@droidman123

Did you order the 16gb or 32gb, and do you mind me asking how much it was ?
    I know i'll be happy away when i get the darn thing but the wait is driving me insane...

I also ordered a case and a case with built in bluetooth keyboard from amazon on the 14th and there not here yet as well, i ordered other things on Amazon after the 14th and they were delivered a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I think these tracking facilities can be a joke sometimes.I ordered mine from pc world two weeks ago,yesterday I checked the status in my tracking number, it said it was delivered since the 21st august!!!

Sounds kinda like they A. sent the wrong version (v1) and B. sent it to the wrong address!

I'd be on the blower just to see what's going on there :eek:

My order form them is still unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

Oh that was your one outside your house? Sorry I thought they just delivered mine to the wrong address! Oops :D

@droidman123

Did you order the 16gb or 32gb, and do you mind me asking how much it was ?
    I know i'll be happy away when i get the darn thing but the wait is driving me insane...

I also ordered a case and a case with built in bluetooth keyboard from amazon on the 14th and there not here yet as well, i ordered other things on Amazon after the 14th and they were delivered a few days ago.

I ordered the 32gb, it was 299 euros,and 4.99 delivery.I,m getting a bit worried now having read the above posts about it going to the wrong address.

• Advertisement

I ordered the 32gb, it was 299 euros,and 4.99 delivery.I,m getting a bit worried now having read the above posts about it going to the wrong address.

I'd be getting awfully worried by now, you need to contact them soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

looks like not pre ordering might have been a good idea looking at the problems.

I'd be getting awfully worried by now, you need to contact them soon

Just emailed them,think I will ring them as well.anyone know what the phone number is for this type of query?

Aha panic over,I just got a return email from pcworld. A nice lady called Olga said it was "out for delivery" and was an error,she apologized for the confusion.better still,she said it would be delivered on the 29th august,wooohooo roll on next Thursday :)

RossieMan wrote: »
    looks like not pre ordering might have been a good idea looking at the problems.

Theres no problems....just anticipation

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Fixes were released for the GPS and touch issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cathy Makes Cards

"Thank you for shopping at GAME.co.uk. This email acknowledges that your preorder has been placed and will be processed in time to be despatch for the release date"

Email sent to me from Game.

"Thank you for shopping at GAME.co.uk. This email acknowledges that your preorder has been placed and will be processed in time to be despatch for the release date"

Email sent to me from Game.

When did you get this email, was it straight after placing the order or just now, i didn't get one yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

When did you get this email, was it straight after placing the order or just now, i didn't get one yet..

Nor I as yet.

I received it a few hours after I ordered.

• Advertisement

I should have said that I received two emails - one confirming my order an this one confirming my pre-order.

I did get an email confirming my order and my chosen payment details just after i ordered it but nothing since,
    my card hasn't been charged yet and i'm using that as an indication as to when the order will be shipped,
    they say that they will ship the day before the release date so i think that it will be shipped on the 27th ?

Sounds like that!

Anyone who bought from pcworld.ie, they did have to fill out a form by arcot.com (Verified by VISA)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Howlin1 wrote: »
    Anyone who bought from pcworld.ie, they did have to fill out a form by arcot.com (Verified by VISA)?

Yep, and it declined my payment 3 times before I copped that I had the vpn turned on so it looked like I was in New York. At least I know it works!

Yep, and it declined my payment 3 times before I copped that I had the vpn turned on so it looked like I was in New York. At least I know it works!
    Cool thanks, I just ordered mine :) Hopefully it won't be too long (wishful thinking I know).

depending on were you are, you should have by next Thursday, Friday at the latest.

Wexford

I,m in Dublin and I got an email today saying I will have it probably Thursday, possibly Friday. I cant see it being any different for you being in wexford. heres hoping :)

• Advertisement

Cool, would there be much bloatware preinstalled on it?

Advertisement