Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 (2013)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What is that?

The stock setup on the nexus has this auto contrast thing that makes the screen look washed out, it's like when tv's have some stupid "cinematic" mode that makes everything look horrid. You can get an app to turn it off that needs root access (no issues with it had it for months) and it makes the screen and colours look more balanced and vivid. The pic below has the standard setup on the left and the disabled one on the right, the black level is much more natural.

device-2012-08-18-220132.png

I found it made a big difference on video files, skin tone and the like.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

When is the LTE version set to launch? Are many going to wait for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭droidman123

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Just picked it up from the post office, on first look it seems much faster than my old nexus 7... The sound is amazing through my sennheiser headphones, they really improved it :-)
    does the charger from the "old" nexus 7 work with the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Woofstuff wrote: »
    Sold my Nexus 7 2012,

I have a few extra screen protectors for it I never used, would they be any use for the new nexus if I end up buying one? i.e. is the screen size the exact same? Or should I just give them all to the buyer.

What about cases? Would cases for the old Nexus suit the new Nexus? I`m thinking yes but you never no.
    screen size is the same, but akaik, the bezel is slightly bigger, so I don't think the cases for the 2012 n7 will fit the new one.

• Advertisement

anyone know where I can get a decent wireless charger for the new nexus 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

does the charger from the "old" nexus 7 work with the new one?

Indeed it does, I'm using a wireless charger works very well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Indeed it does, I'm using a wireless charger works very well

How did you get the new nexus 7 already?

How did you get the new nexus 7 already?

Boop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Nice! That was quick.
    But how is it on eBay when it's not released until the 28th?
    Maybe it's already released?

• Advertisement

Nice! That was quick.

He mentions customs -> ordered from 'Murica.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Nice! That was quick.

it's been out in the US for a couple of weeks already.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anyone gotta case yet? Just got one in vancouver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Cyrus wrote: »
    Anyone gotta case yet? Just got one in vancouver :)

I went ahead and got the one from Bargain Alerts earlier today. I don't really think you can go wrong for a penny!
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057013973/1/#post85973133

Looking for a decent wireless charger for the new nexus 7, any ideas or links guys?

Here are some good ideas. :)

Here are some good ideas. :)

??? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

This thread just makes me sad that i've still at least a 2 week wait to get it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Ye are probably all watching HUKD for a good deal, but in case your not...
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/asus-google-nexus-7-2013-16gb-179-99-free-portable-sound-system-staples-8-4-tcb-1631108

Not sure why, but I've just put an order in for the 32GB model, came to the posted price of £215 which is €250~ depending on conversion charges probably a few € more.
    Postage to Ireland is free on orders over £130.

Only glitch is they say on the product page for the 32GB model, expected delivery is 12th of Sept, but that could be a worst case thing.

Excited now!!!

EDIT: Final price from AIB, €251.33 - not bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Hello everyone, apologies if this is in the wrong thread but thought I'd ask here instead of creating a new one. Do you think its worth waiting for the new Nexus 7 coming out or should I buy what I think is the previous version. I've seen the 32GB version for €249 in Carphone warehouse and PC World and the 16GB one for €199. I know in the grand scheme of things its not much off but it is something.

I've never had a tablet before so this would be my first one. Don't know if that makes a difference. Any help or opinion offered would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If you don't need a tablet right now you might as well wait and see if you can get one of the new ones in the first batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I've never had a tablet before so this would be my first one. Don't know if that makes a difference. Any help or opinion offered would be appreciated. Thank you.
    I paid less than that in DID for the 32GB at Christmas before there was anything definitive about the new model. Doesn't appear that it's discounted at all tbh. Tesco had the 16gb for €148 a couple of weeks ago - I got one for the missus (her first tablet, and she loves it). By the time you know whether space is an issue or not, the new version should be readily available or the older 32gb version should have reduced in price.

Hello everyone, apologies if this is in the wrong thread but thought I'd ask here instead of creating a new one. Do you think its worth waiting for the new Nexus 7 coming out or should I buy what I think is the previous version. I've seen the 32GB version for €249 in Carphone warehouse and PC World and the 16GB one for €199. I know in the grand scheme of things its not much off but it is something.

That does seem a bit expensive for what is the old model. I would wait and get the new one if you can.

If you have the cash there are plenty of links in the thread where you can pre-order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

:( I haven't heard anything yet but I'll probably get an email at some point, I'd imagine they have quite a few orders to go through.

I've ordered through pc world and just had confirmation that they are getting stock in on the 26th and 27th and hopefully delivery will be on the 28th.

I've ordered through pc world and just had confirmation that they are getting stock in on the 26th and 27th and hopefully delivery will be on the 28th.

I was in the pc world store this morning in jervis st and i asked one of the guys about the new nexus 7.he said the uk were getting stock on the 26th august and we are normally about a week behind.....so heres hoping :)

I was in the pc world store this morning in jervis st and i asked one of the guys about the new nexus 7.he said the uk were getting stock on the 26th august and we are normally about a week behind.....so heres hoping :)

I'll be fairly annoyed if I'm left waiting a week! :)

It's a shame they abandoned the talk to... forum on here after Declan left really.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭niallharty

Why are people using parcel motel when GAME deliver to Ireland for the same price as a stay in the parcel motel €3.50?

• Advertisement

Advertisement