Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 (2013)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Just picked it up from the post office, on first look it seems much faster than my old nexus 7... The sound is amazing through my sennheiser headphones, they really improved it :-)

Can't wait test that with Google music now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Confirmed it goes on sale in Ireland same day as the UK in Curry's and PC World.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/33761-google-nexus-7-2-confirmed/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone that has the new Nexus 7, how is your GPS working ? Reading reports of first run units having problems.

Google looking into it.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/9/4605382/nexus-7-suffering-faulty-gps-google-investigating

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

god's toy wrote: »
    Anyone that has the new Nexus 7, how I'd your GPS working ? Reading reports of first run units having problems.

Google looking into it.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/9/4605382/nexus-7-suffering-faulty-gps-google-investigating

GPs is fine on mine :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

yep that deal seems better, thanks Captain Morgan,

ebuyer want £8.00 for delivery to Parcel Motel as well..

I've gone and done it, :D
    just pre ordered the 32gb, from Game UK using the code VCUKEXTRA Captain Morgan supplied,
    and paid £224.99,
    Free delivery to Parcel Motel & £15 discount,
    Thats a £15 straight saving plus the £8 ebuyer wanted for delivery = £23
    thats somewhere around €27/€28 saving :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

I've gone and done it, :D
    just pre ordered the 32gb, from Game UK using the code VCUKEXTRA Captain Morgan supplied,
    and paid £224.99,
    Free delivery to Parcel Motel & £15 discount,
    Thats a £15 straight saving plus the £8 ebuyer wanted for delivery = £23
    thats somewhere around €27/€28 saving :D

Ditto, well worth it especially via Parcel motel. Was waiting for an updated Ipad mini but one could wait forever given things at Apple and still pay 100 euro more for a 16 Gb. Great post OP.

• Advertisement

Just put an order through for 16GB model. Should be enough for me. Anyone know when they are shippping them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I will probably take the plunge on this over the next few days. Just wondering what Game UK are like with shipping? Do you guys that have ordered from there have an estimated delivery date at all?

If I could have it in my hands on the 28th from Game then I'll go for it, if not, might just get it from PC world....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Even paying the 5 or so pound delivery with game seems to make it cheaper than PC world.

although, i'd like to get it on the 28th, which with game i'd say is very doubtful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

I will probably take the plunge on this over the next few days. Just wondering what Game UK are like with shipping? Do you guys that have ordered from there have an estimated delivery date at all?

If I could have it in my hands on the 28th from Game then I'll go for it, if not, might just get it from PC world....

Delivery is Aug 28th (according to email) although it will be 30th via Parcel Motel

What about the poor lads living over in the sticks? i'd imagine it'd hardly be release day shipping to Ireland.
    And we don't have this fancy parcel motel over here, well not in any town close. :P

That is true, i'll probably take the plunge at some stage during the week.

thanks for the heads up who ever posted the GAME link :)

RossieMan wrote: »
    What about the poor lads living over in the sticks? i'd imagine it'd hardly be release day shipping to Ireland.
    And we don't have this fancy parcel motel over here, well not in any town close. :P

There is a Parcel motel listed on there web site at Casey's Roscommon Town

There is a Parcel motel listed on there web site at Casey's Roscommon Town

Yea i know, that's actually about an hour from where i live, such is the stupid shape of Roscommon. :P

• Advertisement

If Game send them out on the 28th with a next day delivery to Parcel motel, 29th, we should have them on the 30th,
    yes i'd rather have it a few days sooner but i'd rather save €40 even more,
    Free shipping from Game and then it's just €3.50 charge from Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

This is what I was hoping. If they send them on the 27th, then I know it will be waiting for me come the evening of the 28th. Parcel Motel are very good that way.

But I suppose it comes down to do I want to wait all day for it, or have a dander into town on the morning of the 28th and have it in my hands ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Sold my Nexus 7 2012,

I have a few extra screen protectors for it I never used, would they be any use for the new nexus if I end up buying one? i.e. is the screen size the exact same? Or should I just give them all to the buyer.

What about cases? Would cases for the old Nexus suit the new Nexus? I`m thinking yes but you never no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The new N7 is thinner but the screen size is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

How much did you get for the old nexus?

Selling mine as well with a good case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

How much did you get for the old nexus?

Selling mine as well with a good case.

Fetched around £178 (listed it on ebay uk site). I made sure I specified worldwide shipping so that people in any country would be interested. After ebays 10% cut and postage I will come out with about €180, but mine was the 3G version.

I had a case as well.

Not fantastic considering I paid £240 for the device. I also had it on adverts but the highest I was offered was €180. Thought I would get a bit more on ebay but much the same in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Think I'll wait until later in the year and flog the current unit, only got it in Feb I think and I use it all the time so I can wait for the new one, especially if there's reported first batch issues, am always a bit wary about buying first run stuff like that. Delighted the sound has been beefed up though hope they removed that godawful nvidia contrast thing as well that you need root access to turn off.

krudler wrote: »
    hope they removed that godawful nvidia contrast thing as well that you need root access to turn off.

What is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

What is that?

Whatever it is, it won't be on the new model because Qualcomm manufacture the processor on the 2013 model.

Advertisement