Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Finally got around to updating the plugin install video properly :)

Great vid. I take it one still needs a uk IP or a paid service to make it work?

Edit... Tried it. All went well till I played something.

"there was a problem playing with this item"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ladies/Gents, just wondering if anyone here who has a NowTV subscription whether they have manage to get hold of an *.apk file for android? I have other devices which I'd like to use NowTV on but am unable to to get the app as I'm in Ireland and Google Play won't let me download.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

astrofluff wrote: »
    Ladies/Gents, just wondering if anyone here who has a NowTV subscription whether they have manage to get hold of an *.apk file for android? I have other devices which I'd like to use NowTV on but am unable to to get the app as I'm in Ireland and Google Play won't let me download.

There was an old version on the 200+ apk thread on xda forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

astrofluff wrote: »

I was unable to get the android app to work on my phone,presumably due to the Irish SIM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

bromley52 wrote: »
    I was unable to get the android app to work on my phone,presumably due to the Irish SIM.
    Works fine here on kitkat cm11 on moto g early version was limited to about 4 models of phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I tried the app on Rikomagic mk803IIIs android stick but it comes up as 'app has be modified' and crashes out.

Works no problem on Galaxy Tab 3.0.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

I thought this tread was about nowtv bargain. Let's get back on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

degsie wrote: »
    I thought this tread was about nowtv bargain. Let's get back on track.

Yes I agree. WOW €11.99? can't be right?? Amazeballs!!! What else do it do?? WOW!!!
    Did I say amazeballs??

Whatever you do people don't dare post how to get the most out of this Bargain Alert.

Amazeballs!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

(Sigh...)

Moving on, is this box expected to launch officially in Ireland anytime soon?

I heard rumours before that it was meant to but they have since died down.

I'm debating getting one of these and using it almost like a multiroom box for Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

(Sigh...)

Moving on, is this box expected to launch officially in Ireland anytime soon?

I heard rumours before that it was meant to but they have since died down.

I'm debating getting one of these and using it almost like a multiroom box for Sky.

What did I miss ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

1 Month Entertainment pass for about €1.30. You will need to cancel the sub as otherwise you will be charged for each subsequent month.

bromley52 wrote: »
    1 Month Entertainment pass for about €1.30. You will need to cancel the sub as otherwise you will be charged for each subsequent month.

Even better, use NOW67346JGM73 at the checkout and it's free :)

I noticed it says Republic Of Ireland as a billing address option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Even better, use NOW67346JGM73 at the checkout and it's free :)

I noticed it says Republic Of Ireland as a billing address option too.

Just tried and doesn't work.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just tried and doesn't work.

Worked for me a few minutes ago!

Make sure you're selecting the £4.99 pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Worked for me a few minutes ago!

Make sure you're selecting the £4.99 pack.

Through ebay or nowtv itself?

Edit: Tried and it worked on NowTV. Thanks.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Through ebay or nowtv itself?

Edit: Tried and it worked on NowTV. Thanks.

No problem, glad it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭knealecat

Has Now TV stopped working, getting message that region isent supported. On iphone 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

I went to sign up for the free Movies trial and it will allow a Republic of Ireland billing address... does this mean if i order a Now TV box and have it delivered by Parcel Motel i wont need to alter my IP address for it to work with the 24 hour passes for Sports and Movies in the Republic?

Appreciate any advice on this... thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

rochestown wrote: »
    I went to sign up for the free Movies trial and it will allow a Republic of Ireland billing address... does this mean if i order a Now TV box and have it delivered by Parcel Motel i wont need to alter my IP address for it to work with the 24 hour passes for Sports and Movies in the Republic?

Appreciate any advice on this... thanks...
    You don't need to alter ip for nowtv just Iplayer ect.

dogtoffee wrote: »
    You don't need to alter ip for nowtv just Iplayer ect.

So if we order the NowTv box and use it in the republic there is no need to alter the IP for the 24 hour Sky Sports 24 hour passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

rochestown wrote: »
    So if we order the NowTv box and use it in the republic there is no need to alter the IP for the 24 hour Sky Sports 24 hour passes?

Nope.

vibe666 wrote: »
    Nope.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

what dont you understand? there is no need for a vpn or changing the ip address for sky

daytob wrote: »
    what dont you understand? there is no need for a vpn or changing the ip address for sky

It being a UK box does it require a UK IP address for it to work with the 24 hour sports passes? Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

no, you just need the pm addy to get it delivered here. thats all. after that it will allow you to register your irish address, you can check it out on the nowtv official page.
    no need to change any ip addresses, getting vpns, changing router details, nothing, just plug in connect to your account and if you have any codes put them in when needed.

you might need to change it for 4od or any of those channels but not sky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

It's quite simple.

Order the box and connect it to your TV. As part of the setup (wireless settings etc.) it will ask you to register. If you are already a Sky subscriber, or have been in the past, you can use your Sky ID. You can then navigate to the Pass purchase screens and activate a free 30 day trial of Sky Movies or buy an entertainment or sports pass. Once purchased, activate it and you are ready to go.

You can also do all of this on the Now TV website on a tablet/PC. As said previously, all of the Sky channels will stream in ROI but obviously the BBC and ITV catch-up services won't work. Interestingly 4OD does.

It's a great little box.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I have a NowTV box and have been very happy with it. A friend mentioned the other day that he wanted to get Sky for the Ryder Cup but will get rid of it afterwards. Am I right in saying that I can do the following:
    1. Give him the Now TV box for that week
    2. Buy a 7 day Sports pass today - £10.99
    3. Activate it at the start of the Ryder Cup for him
    4. Bring back the box afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

WHL wrote: »
    I have a NowTV box and have been very happy with it. A friend mentioned the other day that he wanted to get Sky for the Ryder Cup but will get rid of it afterwards. Am I right in saying that I can do the following:
    1. Give him the Now TV box for that week
    2. Buy a 7 day Sports pass today - £10.99
    3. Activate it at the start of the Ryder Cup for him
    4. Bring back the box afterwards

Yeah it's as simple as that! I'm going to buy a pass myself for the Ryder Cup

Advertisement