Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Invincible wrote: »
    No, you can't do that.Any team selection you change after 11.30 this morning is for next week. You might be thinking of the World cup fantasy or the Champions league one.

Daily Mail fantasy football allows that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Should I wait and wildcard during the international break? Team needs a overhaul of about 5 or 6 transfers ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Tinie wrote: »
    Should I wait and wildcard during the international break? Team needs a overhaul of about 5 or 6 transfers ASAP.

Stick your team up there and let some of the local gurus have a look. Might not be as bad as you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looks like aguero is going to be the safest way into the city attack. Dzeko taken off with city chasing a goal and then negredo scoring could spell bad news. Im only keeping dzeko for one more week but dont think I can bring myself to captain him next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Looks like aguero is going to be the safest way into the city attack. Dzeko taken off with city chasing a goal and then negredo scoring could spell bad news. Im only keeping dzeko for one more week but dont think I can bring myself to captain him next week.

Ditto. Captained him this week, but I wore out the refresh button waiting for City team news. Can't take that every week! What made it worse was I forgot to change the VC from Benteke to Soldado, so if Dzeko has played it would have been an even bigger disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

carraig2 wrote: »
    Daily Mail fantasy football allows that

Hows does the Daily Mail subsitutions work?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Looks like aguero is going to be the safest way into the city attack.

Are you considering Aguero in WC GW4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Yeah do think Dzeko/Aguero was the safest choice for Pellegrini early in the season. Negredo must be close now as he had a goal ruled out vs Newcastle and scored today.

I dont like sweating on Dzeko starting every week....but Hull at home is a tempting fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Santi101 wrote: »
    Yeah do think Dzeko/Aguero was the safest choice for Pellegrini early in the season. Negredo must be close now as he had a goal ruled out vs Newcastle and scored today.

I dont like sweating on Dzeko starting every week....but Hull at home is a tempting fixture.

Have the same problem, Lukaku too risky for me at the moment and was considering going for Dzeko due to his confidence being high and playing in a title aspiring side but it's hard to know who'll play.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Dzeko was bleeding as he came off, after scoring a stunner.

Aguero came off early Monday and it affected nothing today.

don't be quick to assume Dzeko is down the pecking order now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Having RVP/Soldado/Aguero may be over-kill come the WC? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

But you'd expect it to be Aguero + 1, as Dzeko/Negredo are true centre-forwards whereas Aguero can drift. And he's better than both.

I just dont think Dzeko can nail down that spot but even as a sub he's incredibly dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Santi101 wrote: »
    But you'd expect it to be Aguero + 1, as Dzeko/Negredo are true centre-forwards whereas Aguero can drift. And he's better than both.

I just dont think Dzeko can nail down that spot but even as a sub he's incredibly dangerous.

Aye, Dzeko and Negredo can't play together at all. They tried it a couple of times in pre-season and it just didn't work. It will be as you say above, IMO.

It might just be because I have him and I'm stubbornly persisting with him as I think he will inevitably become an integral part of the side, but I'd be amazed if Negredo didn't end up partnering Aguero for the vast majority of this season. He's scored two goals in about 25 minutes of game time this season (although one was wrongly ruled out for offside).

You don't spend £20m on a 28 year old if you don't plan on him being first choice, even if you have Sheikh Mansour's money.

NoelJ wrote: »
    Hows does the Daily Mail subsitutions work?

You pick your team. have 16 transfers that can be used anytime up to Jan and 16 more after that.
    You can change your team around every match day to maximise points

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

carraig2 wrote: »
    You pick your team. have 16 transfers that can be used anytime up to Jan and 16 more after that.
    You can change your team around every match day to maximise points

So for this game week you would have had utd and chelsea players on your bunch so you could sub them in tomorrow morning?

Also lets say Dzeko got 6 yesterday and I sub in Wellbeck tomorrow who gets 5. Will I get 11 points or just Wellbecks 5?

Paully D wrote: »
    Aye, Dzeko and Negredo can't play together at all. They tried it a couple of times in pre-season and it just didn't work. It will be as you say above, IMO.

It might just be because I have him and I'm stubbornly persisting with him as I think he will inevitably become an integral part of the side, but I'd be amazed if Negredo didn't end up partnering Aguero for the vast majority of this season. He's scored two goals in about 25 minutes of game time this season (although one was wrongly ruled out for offside).

You don't spend £20m on a 28 year old if you don't plan on him being first choice, even if you have Sheikh Mansour's money.

Negredo could be down to 9.3 after tonight, worrying times if he doesn't get more gametime soon and you'll have to sell. Good for the rest of us if he does start playing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Negredo could be down to 9.3 after tonight, worrying times if he doesn't get more gametime soon and you'll have to sell. Good for the rest of us if he does start playing :pac:

Yep, I know :(

The saving grace from my point of view is that I more or less have my wildcard team done and dusted and I still have £1.2m in the bank to upgrade a player or two or improve my substitutes, once my main selections are covered, so there would have to be virtually impossible price drops/increases across the board this week for me not to be able to follow through with my plan.

I just know Negredo will score really well over the course of the season but the fact he hasn't started the season as first choice has crippled his value.

Paully D wrote: »
    Yep, I know :(

The saving grace from my point of view is that I more or less have my wildcard team done and dusted and I still have £1.2m in the bank to upgrade a player or two or improve my substitutes, once my main selections are covered, so there would have to be virtually impossible price drops/increases across the board this week for me not to be able to follow through with my plan.

I just know Negredo will score really well over the course of the season but the fact he hasn't started the season as first choice has crippled his value.

Like you said he's been very good in the precious minutes he's played in. It'll rest on how Pellegrini views his Champions League players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Anyone think City could be out next week with a point to prove against Hull?

Thinking about making Aguero captain for it but haven't fully decided yet!

NoelJ wrote: »
    So for this game week you would have had utd and chelsea players on your bunch so you could sub them in tomorrow morning?

Also lets say Dzeko got 6 yesterday and I sub in Wellbeck tomorrow who gets 5. Will I get 11 points or just Wellbecks 5?

Yes you can sub them in tomorrow and you get Dzeko's points and Wellbeck's.

You also get bonus points for a team win

• Advertisement

moreau wrote: »
    Are you considering Aguero in WC GW4?

I dont think I'll bring him in. The champions league will be starting in september and depending on citys group I'd say aguero will start most of those games which makes the league games either side of those ripe for rotation. Throw into the mix a few trips to argentina for internationals over the next few months and who knows what will happen with agueros PL gametime.
    The way I see it Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetivic will get gametime in that order. It just depends who much rotation pellegreni goes with something none of us know at this stage. As things stand I plan on having no city players after I wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Anyone think City could be out next week with a point to prove against Hull?

Thinking about making Aguero captain for it but haven't fully decided yet!

yes, they will IMO.

City coverage would be a good idea. and if you have confidence in any City attacker starting, then captain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

As things stand I plan on having no city players after I wildcard.

Last year I had no city players all year I think which worked well. I'm not so sure this year, despite yesterday's result.

Zabaleta and Silva are on my radar for WC, and maybe dzecko. 7.5 mill is still great value! It's just a question of whether I can tolerate the rotation and have some decent subs.

I think the strategy of persisting with Dzecko post WC GW4 is decent, my biggest issue is the excellent choice of alternative strikers.

Speaking of which, Soldado, has anyone seen the Spurs games? How has he (and spurs) played? I think us owners have been fortunate with two pens (Spurs had none last year!). Soldado had 1 shot yesterday, Paulinho had 7!, and was again replaced by Defoe which I think will be a regular occurrence. I just wonder how he is adapting to PL, which can be difficult even for classy technical players e.g. Bergkamp, Forlan. Spurs as a team still trying to gel without Bale, and a lot of new players at the club...

I guess I really need to see a full Spurs game.

I am preferring Studge,Benteke,Giroud as strikers at the moment for my RVP WC team...

I would love to have Aguero in my team but for the reasons above I might stay away. If he was 9 or even 10 I'd be all over him but that extra 1.0 when I have RVP and Soldado is precious. I'll probably use Silva as my City coverage for now and come the wildcard I think 4-3-3 will be my formation of choice.

I have 4 defenders almost certain moving forward now for the WC in Turner, Coleman, Collins and Lovren(currently have Shaw so I'll have to weigh up assists with BPs). The 5th depends on whether I stick with Mirallas. For the time being I will as he looks like scoring and it's only a matter of time hopefully. Silva is guaranteed a spot for now and I'll probably persist with Walcott too as in the long run himself and Sturridge should score more than Giroud and Coutinho incorporating the 1.0 difference.

My options in relation to price are Chester 4.0, Hughes 4.5, Toure 5.0 (Have Mig but Toure would be a better way of securing BPs and is cheaper) Kos 5.4 or splash out on Vidic 6.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

Going in to GW3 I have Ivanovic, Lampard, Anelka and Lowton who won't play so my options are

1. Just offload Anelka and leave the 3 lads on the bench
    2. Take a 4 point hit, offload Anelka and possibly Lampard
    3. Wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

I would love to have Aguero in my team but for the reasons above I might stay away. If he was 9 or even 10 I'd be all over him but that extra 1.0 when I have RVP and Soldado is precious. I'll probably use Silva as my City coverage for now and come the wildcard I think 4-3-3 will be my formation of choice.

I have 4 defenders almost certain moving forward now for the WC in Turner, Coleman, Collins and Lovren(currently have Shaw so I'll have to weigh up assists with BPs). The 5th depends on whether I stick with Mirallas. For the time being I will as he looks like scoring and it's only a matter of time hopefully. Silva is guaranteed a spot for now and I'll probably persist with Walcott too as in the long run himself and Sturridge should score more than Giroud and Coutinho incorporating the 1.0 difference.

My options in relation to price are Chester 4.0, Hughes 4.5, Toure 5.0 (Have Mig but Toure would be a better way of securing BPs and is cheaper) Kos 5.4 or splash out on Vidic 6.0.

who would you put in goal over the Mig?

slingerz wrote: »
    who would you put in goal over the Mig?

I haven't got that far yet to be honest, chances are I'll just keep him and use a different player but Toure's propensity for BPs is worth thinking about. If Mig were to rise in price by another few points he'd be a good earner and perhaps better to offload before I become too dependent on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

deisedude wrote: »
    Going in to GW3 I have Ivanovic, Lampard, Anelka and Lowton who won't play so my options are

1. Just offload Anelka and leave the 3 lads on the bench
    2. Take a 4 point hit, offload Anelka and possibly Lampard
    3. Wildcard

I'm in a similar position with Ramires, Benteke and Lukaku.
    I could field a team without transfers but would be 5-4-1 with Dzeko up front. Hardly ideal. Desperately want to get Giroud in but cash is a problem.

Was thinking if wildcard is worth it when i would only change four or five players?

I heard Yaya was awful vs Cardiff, can anyone shed light?

I haven't got that far yet to be honest, chances are I'll just keep him and use a different player but Toure's propensity for BPs is worth thinking about. If Mig were to rise in price by another few points he'd be a good earner and perhaps better to offload before I become too dependent on him.

what about a boruc davis toure combo its a cheaper way into pool and saints backline boruc should get more save points and toure should get more bps.Plus u get ur 2 keepers for 8.5 anzd have a guaranteed starter if something happens to boruc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

IanOBo wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position with Ramires, Benteke and Lukaku.
    I could field a team without transfers but would be 5-4-1 with Dzeko up front. Hardly ideal. Desperately want to get Giroud in but cash is a problem.

Was thinking if wildcard is worth it when i would only change four or five players?

I heard Yaya was awful vs Cardiff, can anyone shed light?

Ya impressed with Giroud. Have him in my team but just wondering will he keep up this form or return to last years Giroud at some stage!

Advertisement