Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wonder how much will Erik Lamela be in the game,7.5 mill??

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Wonder how much will Erik Lamela be in the game,7.5 mill??
    As a 30million attacking winger/forward he would have to cost more than 7.5 i guess maybe 8.5 or 9 but i really dont know that much about the player to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

9.5m I'd say , hopefully less though .

Definitely one to watch out for .
    15 goals & 5 assists in 33 league games for Roma last season playing mostly from the right wing .

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

For anyone who wants a look at Lamela here are his goals from last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Great news for Anelka owners that he has returned to training with WBA, and will be available for selection against Swansea this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I can get a frontline of Aguero, Sturridge and Benteke if I keep a £5m defender

or

Aguero, Sturridge and Lambert with the inclusion of Walker in defence who I think is the better option due to his attacking play.

Stuck on this after finally thinking I had my team picked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

JokerD wrote: »
    I can get a frontline of Aguero, Sturridge and Benteke if I keep a £5m defender

or

Aguero, Sturridge and Lambert with the inclusion of Walker in defence who I think is the better option due to his attacking play.

Stuck on this after finally thinking I had my team picked.

You could also go Aguero, Sturridge, Soldado and get a 4million defender?

Just to give you another little headache - :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lemlin wrote: »

Am sure Wenger said 3 weeks earlier, either way you can never guarantee he'll start unless injuries force it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

champions league draw

chelsea - very favourable draw

united - not too bad, but no pushovers in the group. sociedad were a very good 4th seed.

city - tricky-ish, but much better than they got the last 2 years.

arsenal - very tough draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Arsenal got mini-raped pulling Dortmund out of the 3rd seed teams and Napoli out of the 4th seed teams! Utd at home to any of the teams in their group are clear favourites so has to be considered a decent draw for them, some great games to look forward to with Celtics group also!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

while not a difficult draw for utd its one of the harder ones theyve got in recent years and none of the games are games you would play a weaker side against.I think rvp will play in all group games until qualified and may miss a league game or two and for that reason im almost certain ill leave him out of my wildcard team

while not a difficult draw for utd its one of the harder ones theyve got in recent years and none of the games are games you would play a weaker side against.I think rvp will play in all group games until qualified and may miss a league game or two and for that reason im almost certain ill leave him out of my wildcard team

Fook me, did someone change something in The Matrix...

I've seriously bad déjà vu.

Didn't this conversation happen at the end of last season and the end result was that RVP missed fook all games?

Second time I've seen RVP being rested mentioned on the forum in the last 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Didn't this conversation happen at the end of last season and the end result was that RVP missed fook all games?

Second time I've seen RVP being rested mentioned on the forum in the last 24 hours.

A conversation DEFINATELY happened a few times last year about RVP being rested, and as you say, it never happened!

that was me last year and me yesterday aswell. I have nagging doubts about rvps ability to play every 3/4 days for the next 2 months and for that reason i dont think ill be spending 14 million. You have your opinion thats fine no need to go ott in your post.Look at the fixtures on the other thread sept and oct is the busiest part of the season for top 4 teams and i dont think rvp will play every game. In years gone by hernandez would play your carling cup games and easier cl games i dont think utd have that luxury this year. Maybe im wrong but they are my thoughts on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

that was me last year and me yesterday aswell. I have nagging doubts about rvps ability to play every 3/4 days for the next 2 months and for that reason i dont think ill be spending 14 million. You have your opinion thats fine no need to go ott in your post.Look at the fixtures on the other thread sept and oct is the busiest part of the season for top 4 teams and i dont think rvp will play every game. In years gone by hernandez would play your carling cup games and easier cl games i dont think utd have that luxury this year. Maybe im wrong but they are my thoughts on the matter.

I can see the argument you're making and it's very valid but I think until I have evidence that RVP will be dropped then I'll keep him. Moyes won't want to not play his best player in the league which is what United will focus more of their attention on this year. Hernandez is extremely capable against anyone but I don't see RVP being rested all that often at this point in the season. He's in his prime in terms of being fit and playing well etc.

We'll all end up going round in circles and chances are there could be a game where he's rested but United are away in 5 of their 6 games after champions league (I read somewhere may not be true) so RVP will surely be needed for "tougher" away games. The merits in not picking him are clear, I've been toying with Henderson or Ramsey as my 3rd midfielders because of having him.

As with every other decision in the game we'll never know really until afterwards whether it was a good or bad choice but I can see the logic in both options. I started with RVP so I shall continue with him for now. If I didn't have him and if I didn't support United it may be a different story. (Not that it should have an baring on who I choose but I value my health and not having him could be dangerous ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I don't think he's going ott though. There's no precedent for RVP getting dropped. It didn't happen last year when there was fixture congestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I am wild carding after the internationals to get RVP and Augero both into my team

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

until I have evidence that RVP will be dropped then I'll keep him.

Evidence. With you 100 percent brother.

Busts could be right, new gaffer and all, but I will only react after it happens.

• Advertisement

I don't think he's going ott though. There's no precedent for RVP getting dropped. It didn't happen last year when there was fixture congestion.

Thank you. I don't think I'm going ott either.

The arguments being presented by the original poster are the exact same as those given last year. Resting RVP didn't happen then and I don't expect it to happen now.

I'm a firm believer that past performance and strategy firmly reflects on future performance and strategy.

RVP was not rested regularly last season and I don't expect him to be rested regularly this season.

When a precedence is set for RVP being rested, I'll worry about it then.

United have Hernandez, Wellbeck and Rooney to provide cover in Europe.

i think its ott as i dont respond to someone i disagree with in that way. Just to point out rvp did not start at home to wigan in gw 4 last year or the carling cup game or the 4th champs lge game. Utds group in the champs lge is a big step up from last year and they play their fiercest rivals in the carling cup. To me its a couple of their easier home league games i feel he may not start. Moyes may play him in every game who knows . My opinions on rvp being rested last year were based on fergie leaving rooney on bench at anfield around cl games andronaldo on bench against chelsea before a cl game.These are not just thoughts i dream up. As i said from the start i have doubts and when i have doubts i dont have rvp thats the way i play the game.Its 50-50 anyway whether having an rvp playing every game is worth having in your team this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

anyone have news on how injured Bony is?

i think its ott as i dont respond to someone i disagree with in that way. Just to point out rvp did not start at home to wigan in gw 4 last year or the carling cup game or the 4th champs lge game. Utds group in the champs lge is a big step up from last year and they play their fiercest rivals in the carling cup. To me its a couple of their easier home league games i feel he may not start. Moyes may play him in every game who knows . My opinions on rvp being rested last year were based on fergie leaving rooney on bench at anfield around cl games andronaldo on bench against chelsea before a cl game.These are not just thoughts i dream up. As i said from the start i have doubts and when i have doubts i dont have rvp thats the way i play the game.Its 50-50 anyway whether having an rvp playing every game is worth having in your team this year.

Well I apologise for coming across ott but for me you are making a point again that you have very little basis for, particularly as the same point was made last year and it was proven to be incorrect.

You've given an example of one PL game from last season where he didn't start?

Your other examples, the 4th Champions League game and Carling Cup game, actually back up my point.

You're saying we need to worry about RVP being rested in PL games by giving two examples where the opposite applied and he was rested in non PL games, which is a good example for my point and a bad example for yours.

PL games is all we are concerned with in this game. I'd be delighted if RVP didn't feature in the CL all season.

I would only see rotation as an issue if it frequently occurs. It can happen once or twice with any player but its only where it's frequent that I'd worry.

Robin Van Persie has played a part in Arsenal or Uniteds last 87 league games ,Starting 83 of them .

You won't find many players you can say that about .

Well I apologise for coming across ott but for me you are making a point again that you have very little basis for, particularly as the same point was made last year and it was proven to be incorrect.

You've given an example of one PL game from last season where he didn't start?

Your other examples, the 4th Champions League game and Carling Cup game, actually back up my point.

You're saying we need to worry about RVP being rested in PL games by giving two examples where the opposite applied and he was rested in non PL games, which is a good example for my point and a bad example for yours.

PL games is all we are concerned with in this game. I'd be delighted if RVP didn't feature in the CL all season.

I would only see rotation as an issue if it frequently occurs. It can happen once or twice with any player but its only where it's frequent that I'd worry.
    The reason I made the point about him missing the carling cup game last year and the 4th champions lge last year is I dont think he will miss those games this year as moyes wont want to lose to liverpool and the CL group this year is a lot harder than (benfica,basel,cluj)I see him playing in all 4 CL games and the Carling cup game so IMO league games are more likely for him to miss this year . Im playing my wildcard on sat and am thinking of the next 8 gws as I think thats as far as you can plan ahead in this game. Im looking at utds fixtures
    Sep 14 Palace Home ( potential rest) (rested last year)
    Sep 17 Leverkusen Home
    Sep 22 City Away
    Sep 25 Liverpool C cup(potential rest) (rested last year)
    Sep 28 WBA home (potential rest)
    Oct 2 S donetsk Away
    Oct 5 sunderland away
    International games 2 for rvp Id imagine
    Oct 19 Southampton Home
    Oct 23 R sociedad Home
    Oct 26 Stoke Home (potential rest)
    Nov 2 Fulham Away
    Nov 6 R sociedad Away ( rested last year)
    Nov 10 Arsenal Home

I hold my hand up I got it wrong last year( not from a pts perspective as I had him back in for his hat trick). But I based the decision on fergies selections in previous seasons.
    I dont think rvp will start all the above games( will miss atleast 2) and without easy CL games and Carling cup games to rest him or give other members of the squad a run out. I think there will be some decrease in his PL playing time. It makes most sense to me for him to not start one or two of the easier home league games.
    Moyes has never rotated a side in his life so maybe he wont do it. I get and respect people waiting for evidence. As I said the way I play the game for 14 million I cant have doubts about rvp even if the doubts prove to be unfounded.
    No hard feelings debating, sharing opinions is what this forum is about. I analyse as much as the next person every single decision I make in this game. A lot of the time too much it must be said and this could be a case in point but its a feeling I have and I prefer to go with my gut.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Robin Van Persie has played a part in Arsenal or Uniteds last 87 league games ,Starting 83 of them .

You won't find many players you can say that about .

thats an unbelievable stat

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

The reason I made the point about him missing the carling cup game last year and the 4th champions lge last year is I dont think he will miss those games this year as moyes wont want to lose to liverpool and the CL group this year is a lot harder than (benfica,basel,cluj)I see him playing in all 4 CL games and the Carling cup game so IMO league games are more likely for him to miss this year . Im playing my wildcard on sat and am thinking of the next 8 gws as I think thats as far as you can plan ahead in this game. Im looking at utds fixtures
    Sep 14 Palace Home ( potential rest) (rested last year)
    Sep 17 Leverkusen Home
    Sep 22 City Away
    Sep 25 Liverpool C cup(potential rest) (rested last year)
    Sep 28 WBA home (potential rest)
    Oct 2 S donetsk Away
    Oct 5 sunderland away
    International games 2 for rvp Id imagine
    Oct 19 Southampton Home
    Oct 23 R sociedad Home
    Oct 26 Stoke Home (potential rest)
    Nov 2 Fulham Away
    Nov 6 R sociedad Away ( rested last year)
    Nov 10 Arsenal Home

I hold my hand up I got it wrong last year( not from a pts perspective as I had him back in for his hat trick). But I based the decision on fergies selections in previous seasons.
    I dont think rvp will start all the above games( will miss atleast 2) and without easy CL games and Carling cup games to rest him or give other members of the squad a run out. I think there will be some decrease in his PL playing time. It makes most sense to me for him to not start one or two of the easier home league games.
    Moyes has never rotated a side in his life so maybe he wont do it. I get and respect people waiting for evidence. As I said the way I play the game for 14 million I cant have doubts about rvp even if the doubts prove to be unfounded.
    No hard feelings debating, sharing opinions is what this forum is about. I analyse as much as the next person every single decision I make in this game. A lot of the time too much it must be said and this could be a case in point but its a feeling I have and I prefer to go with my gut.

I'd like very much for this to be true! Did a quick rummage around for the last Moyes game of any importance and came up with the Liverpool - Everton FA Cup semi from the season before last. The match prior to that in the league (linked in the report below) showed some of the big guns like Baines were rested. Moyes appears to have form when it comes to this. Pretty clear you all should sell RvP before it's too late :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17581613

Here's a choice extract "Toffees boss David Moyes clearly had one eye on his side's date with Liverpool at Wembley on Saturday, making five changes and leaving Leighton Baines, Tim Cahill and Nikica Jelavic out of his squad entirely."

thats an unbelievable stat

As in you don't believe it ?
    Transfermarkt is the source I used . Feel free to check it .

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    As in you don't believe it ?
    Transfermarkt is the source I used . Feel free to check it .

No sorry I didnt mean that I dont believe it. Just for a top level player with a supposed injury problem to have that stat is impressive and I was surprised to say the least. Im hoping(praying) that stat changes over the next 8 league games though.

Advertisement