Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Open Championship 2013 - *** no gambling/streams ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭koheim

5 put wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

koheim wrote: »
    5 put wasn't it?

They only mentioned that at the very end of courage, they didn't say during live coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

8 over is currently tied 70th! Only one group left, yes they are still playing and its passed 9 o clock.

The way Paul Lawrie was tweeting earlier, I hope he hasn't gone home not expecting the make the cut :pac:

RikkFlair wrote: »
    8 over is currently tied 70th! Only one group left, yes they are still playing and its passed 9 o clock.

The way Paul Lawrie was tweeting earlier, I hope he hasn't gone home not expecting the make the cut :pac:

Crazy to let 84 players in for the weekend. A 10 shot rule would have sent home the +8's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Crazy to let 84 players in for the weekend. A 10 shot rule would have sent home the +8's.

Not so crazy for the people who have paid the entrance fee and get to see more golf tomorrow :)

I remember the 10 shot rule once let in over 100 players for the weekend, so it can work like that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

The 10 shot rule would not have done this at all. It is only ever used to let players through who would otherwise miss out. It is secondary to the Top 70 & ties rule and so can't be used to reduce the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Henrik Stenson, the only guy to break par both days. That's an incredible stat.

http://scores.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx

Tee times, Harrington out with Garcia, just after Lowery and Oliver Fisher, McDowell with Bourdy and Clarke with Spieth.

Hope PH an SG don't bring each other down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://scores.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx

Tee times, Harrington out with Garcia,

there's a lot of demons in that 2 ball.

Martin567 wrote: »
    The 10 shot rule would not have done this at all. It is only ever used to let players through who would otherwise miss out. It is secondary to the Top 70 & ties rule and so can't be used to reduce the field.

I still think 84 players wound do the Open no good, the +7 and 8's have no hope and they are only going through motions. A premiership footballer caddied for the last placed player last year, what does that say about a major?

• Advertisement

Westwood out with Woods, there goes Lee's (the english) chances.

Back in 1991, 120 players made the cut at Birkdale because of the 10 shot rule. That's why it was done away with shortly afterwards.

In 2011, the field was so compressed after 36 holes that those who were only 8 shots behind missed the cut. This year it's gone the other way. The only way they might have dealt with that would be to reduce T70 to T65 or T60. But in a different year, that might mean that players only 6 or 7 behind and still with a chance of winning would actually miss the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

It's only 1 more player making the cut than last year.
    If a guy who got in on the cut mark shot 2 sub rounds over the weekend he'd a big cheque to collect on Sunday with the way the course in so firm.
    Wish we had firm opens every year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Any sign of an outbreak of warfare between Paddy and Garcia yet? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Paddy 5 on a par 3.
    Sergio 1 under today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Garcia well and truly putting Harrington in his dust today. -3 for his round now and almost in to the top 20.

Snedeker continues his ridiculous form with the putter, sinking a massive eagle on the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Great shot from Paddy at 13.

Aidric wrote: »
    Snedeker continues his ridiculous form with the putter, sinking a massive eagle on the 9th.

He's also missed lots of short putts. I saw him take four from 15 feet yesterday.

Mahan starts with back to back birdies, the one on the second was a huge putt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

So, crazy question...why can't the best players in the world hit the first fairway with an iron?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

GreeBo wrote: »
    So, crazy question...why can't the best players in the world hit the first fairway with an iron?

I think they want to give something back to the ordinary golfer, it's to make us all feel a little bit better about ourselves.......that or they are aiming for about a 2 yard spot on the right hand side of the fairway but I'm thinking the former.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

I'd pay big money for a Peter Alliss mute button

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

mod edit.
    user banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I can never understand why the BBC show slow motion video clips of absolutely everything they can find, every so often. It's beginning to look a little daft to me now :pac:

Hopefully there's a great afternoon of golf ahead of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

kingcobra wrote: »
    I can never understand why the BBC show slow motion video clips of absolutely everything they can find, every so often. It's beginning to look a little daft to me now :pac:

It's not just the BBC. The TV world seems to have a weird obsession with High Def slo-mo replays of the most innocuous things...

Still though lads - how cool is Shot-Tracer?? I wish they had it on every shot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Anybody else finding this a bit boring?

Course has them all playing so defensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

DuckHook wrote: »
    Anybody else finding this a bit boring?

Course has them all playing so defensive.

No. I watch 20+ events a year where attacking the pin is the order of the day. This is links golf. Requires imagination. It's a nice change for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

If anyone can watch the open live stream - do so now. Mr Player is on discussing all elements of golf. Such an educated man. Rock of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

i'm all over woods at 9/4.

any one have a link to a stream, i'm in work grafting hard.
    banned.
    I'd pay big money for a Peter Alliss mute button

already been an in thread warning.
    this thread is for golf only if you want to talk about a commentator, take it to a new thread please.

final warning.

Advertisement