Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Open Championship 2013 - *** no gambling/streams ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

I love Peter Alliss, a joy to listen too :D

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

doc_17 wrote: »
    Course is so brown. I'd say the greens will have to be watered tonight

Bloody hell, I should hope so!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Rory could have the worst score of the 6 Irish players by days end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

doc_17 wrote: »
    Course is so brown. I'd say the greens will have to be watered tonight

Doubt it, the greens are perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Players bitching about pin positions already. It's the Open. Get over it. It's not supposed to be easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,207 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pin positions are decided many many months in advance, they didnt just suddenly decide to put them there last night. Have no sympathy for the players!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Peter Hanson was doubtful with injury and has now WD after 5 holes. Gotta feel for Joost Luiten, first alternate and hanging around all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Mushy wrote: »
    Pin positions are decided many many months in advance, they didnt just suddenly decide to put them there last night. Have no sympathy for the players!

Doesn't mean they never get it wrong....

Although in this case, I don't think the flags are so bad. Have seen balls and putts close on the three named holes, they're tough but not illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,207 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Doesn't mean they never get it wrong....

Although in this case, I don't think the flags are so bad. Have seen balls and putts close on the three named holes, they're tough but not illegal.

And thats why its planned so far in advance. Its the conditions that have made it hard, its good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Louis oostie withdrawn. Sick for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Louis Oostheusin off the course, limping due to hamstring injury.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Now Louis withdraws.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Now Louis withdraws.

He's had an awful run of injuries this year

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

What a putt by Scott

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Sweet birdies there by Tiger on 9 and 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Sweet birdies there by Tiger on 9 and 10.

He seems to be plotting away nicely now. Worth noting as well he is 1 of only 3 on the course at the moment under par.

I really think he's going to win this

Early days and all that ... but hope he does

great putt again by tiger to save par.

he's just a savage from 6 to 15 feet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭big_drive

Very impressed with Westwood's putting today. It was always his major problem in the past. Considering how difficult the greens are playing its all the more impressive

Schwartzel breaks club off ground. Surprising for a calm guy like him, just shows how the course is frustrating some players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

73 for Harri.

Broken iron for Charl ha.

GO ON TIGER !!!!!!!!!

Surprised to see how much Tiger teed up his ball there on the par 3. Was higher than i'd expect when they zoomed in on the camera and showed ball on tee

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

big_drive wrote: »
    Surprised to see how much Tiger teed up his ball there on the par 3. Was higher than i'd expect when they zoomed in on the camera and showed ball on tee

They were pitching the shots well short and still going through the greens, makes sense.

Tiger looks up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I wish Shooter was a real person.
    Shooter McGavin ‏@ShooterMcGavin_ 1m
    In my prime, I feel confident saying I would have shot 62-63 at Muirfield today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Do the threeballs that are now twoballs play with a marker tomorrow? Alex Noren withdrawn now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Do the threeballs that are now twoballs play with a marker tomorrow? Alex Noren withdrawn now too.

Why would they need a marker in a 2 ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

RikkFlair wrote: »

Was Tiger Woods and Graeme McDowell a two ball today? I only got home in time for the last 4 holes in that group but I only saw those two in the coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Arsenium wrote: »
    Was Tiger Woods and Graeme McDowell a two ball today? I only got home in time for the last 4 holes in that group but I only saw those two in the coverage.

Oosthoozen (sp?) withdrew after 8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Arsenium wrote: »

No - Louis Oosthuizen unfortunately had to pull out after a few holes due to a recurring neck injury.

Advertisement