Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Open Championship 2013 - *** no gambling/streams ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Just seen Schwarzel breaking his club yesterday, First Rory, now Schwartzel, Nike must be sick, it really is not very good for them at all.

Westwood on fire today, still have my doubts that he will be able to keep it going all weekend. Maybe Roses win has given him a kick up the arse.

I doubt Nike are too concerned to be honest, plenty of top pros still doing well with their stuff, including the top pro. I see an awful lot of comment on Rory's switch to Nike but I haven't heard any complaints from past Nike players or poor reviews of Nike equipment. It all seems like the easy thing to do is blame the clubs. If memory serves, it was quite early on in Tigers career that he switched to Nike clubs and it hasn't affected him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Looks like were not going to see the 2 time open champion today or will we have to wait to see a bogey putt on 18 to make the cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

I doubt Nike are too concerned to be honest, plenty of top pros still doing well with their stuff, including the top pro. I see an awful lot of comment on Rory's switch to Nike but I haven't heard any complaints from past Nike players or poor reviews of Nike equipment. It all seems like the easy thing to do is blame the clubs. If memory serves, it was quite early on in Tigers career that he switched to Nike clubs and it hasn't affected him.
    Nike should be concerned, you don't see other manufacturers players breaking equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

david-k wrote: »
    Nike should be concerned, you don't see other manufacturers players breaking equipment.

Kyle Stanley....really impressing last year. Lost a play off and won the next week. Few top 10 finishes. Moves from Titleist to Nike and now he's struggling big time.

If anything I think these players moving to Nike is the greatest bit of marketing Titleist could ever have wished for !! And free.

Sorry..this is off topic...back to the golf now.

david-k wrote: »

This is off topic so I'll just say, yeah I suppose thats true but I can't see it having a major impact on the type of costumer Nike are aiming at. Older generation have a general dislike of Nike in my experience, younger people love their stuff. Generation gap I suppose.

Anyway, Clarke back to -1 for the round, quadruple bogey included and even for the tournament. Great stuff to come back from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I read an interesting article online recently (which I cant now find) regarding Tigers switch to Nike from Titleist. He "bled" the new clubs into his bag over a period of time rather than switching everything at once, starting with the irons, then the wedges. He used his Titleist driver for longer still and finally changed away from his Scotty Cameron putter....

Edit: Apologies for going off topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Things looking ominous for Padraig.

At +5 for the tournament now. :(

Did Schwartzel just drive his ball over the green on a 379yd par 4??? I'm following a liveblog in work so can't watch, anyone care to explain how that happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭big_drive

Westwood is just after hitting a drive into a bunker 360 yards away

Did Schwartzel just drive his ball over the green on a 379yd par 4??? I'm following a liveblog in work so can't watch, anyone care to explain how that happened?

BBC only showed his birdie putt, so he quite well did.

• Advertisement

big_drive wrote: »
    Westwood is just after hitting a drive into a bunker 360 yards away

This round is running away from him, bogied the last 2 holes before that drive.

Things looking ominous for Padraig.

At +5 for the tournament now. :(

Finished +6, can't see the cut moving that high, currently at +4.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,120 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Finished +6, can't see the cut moving that high, currently at +4.

well the day is only going to get harder though...
    afternoon was 1.75 shots harder than the morning yesterday...might scrape in.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Anyone care to guess what the overnight lead will be? Nobody threatening the -5 so far this morning and it appears they had the best of the conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

Arsenium wrote: »
    Anyone care to guess what the overnight lead will be? Nobody threatening the -5 so far this morning and it appears they had the best of the conditions.

-3 will probably be good enough to lead.

So GMac will make the cut, so that means that he's the winner (hehehe).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So GMac will make the cut, so that means that he's the winner (hehehe).

It's the only logical conclusion :pac:

Cut now at +5, still need 14 players to drop down to allow PH in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Cut now at +5, still need 14 players to drop down to allow PH in.

Sticking my neck out... Harrington will make the cut.

Cut is changing by the second, T79now, only 9 players needed to drop,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Cut is changing by the second, T79now, only 9 players needed to drop,

BBC radio predicting +6, possibly +7. Still do-able for Rory!

McIlory won't be around for the weekend. Two bogies already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

only 9 players needed to drop,

and they've dropped! amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

Cut now looks like it will be +7 or maybe even +8.

Lowery now outside the cut, a few more to drop and the +7's are in.

From safely making the cut to being in the top 50 by the end of the day, i bet! Watching everyone drop away, Padraig must love watching this leaderboard right now!

Lowery now outside the cut, a few more to drop and the +7's are in.

Birdie on the last to make the cut, well done Shane.

Colsaerts just had a 9 on the par 4 15th.

Colsaerts just had a 9 on the par 4 15th.

Jesus did you see his first putt they showed on the BBC? Went past by a crazy amount, very bad 3 putt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Right, well my selection Oozthuizen pulled out with injury. Tiger is the big danger at the moment but I'd give Dustin Johnson a big chance also.

Great to see the old vintage of Jimenez and Cabrera up there.

Advertisement