Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Winds of Winter (Book 6 Discussion) **SPOILERS for all books & future books**

Options

Comments

Sleepy wrote: »
    Tell me that's fan-made?

Awfully spoilerific of HBO if it's not...

Not sure, but probably.. still pretty cool though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That has to be fan-made.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

There's no way that's real?

Ruins what will be a great reveal otherwise, last scene of the season surely, just like the book and then you can Michelle Fairley back in the cast for season 5

Sure the file name of the pic says 'by umbridge1986' so its definitely fan made.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,203 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CptMackey wrote: »
    This reminded me of Gladiator
    she cant be going through all this just to be a faceless man surely, especially since she keeps remembering her list of people to kill.

The way the series is going though she'll have nobody to to kill anyway. Cersei's gone bonkers, Jaimie has redeemed himself, she spared the hound, most of the others are dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The way the series is going though she'll have nobody to to kill anyway. Cersei's gone bonkers, Jaimie has redeemed himself, she spared the hound, most of the others are dead.

I still think that if she comes back to westorous that she would seek out these people. Even if Jamie redeemed himself and cersi is gone a bit mad. I don't think that would matter to her really.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Sure the file name of the pic says 'by umbridge1986' so its definitely fan made.

Maybe it's a producer :p

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Jaimie has redeemed himself

I doubt that is going to stop her from killing him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,203 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I still think that if she comes back to westorous that she would seek out these people. Even if Jamie redeemed himself and cersi is gone a bit mad. I don't think that would matter to her really.

Yeah, potentially interesting scenario as by the time that actually happens (if it happens) we could very well be hoping she doesn't go through with it, particularly in the case of Jaimie for me anyway. Sure would have loved for her to be the one to kill Joffrey in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Would have been nice for her to kill Joffrey. Alas tho it wasn't to be. I'd say she would have taken great pleasure from it too

• Advertisement

Would have been nice for her to kill Joffrey. Alas tho it wasn't to be. I'd say she would have taken great pleasure from it too

Biggest regret Re: Joffreys death is that he was never taking down a peg, ya he had a horrific death, but it would have been "nice" for us Joff haters to see him learn his true parentage and learn that he is a bastard born of incest, then kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Biggest regret Re: Joffreys death is that he was never taking down a peg, ya he had a horrific death, but it would have been "nice" for us Joff haters to see him learn his true parentage and learn that he is a bastard born of incest, then kill him.
    I think the best result possible is Cercei standing naked in front of the whole of kings landing and being told to admit the parentage of her offspring or get the old Ned Stark treatment. The irony of how and where her (admittedly unlikely) beheading happens would be fúcking glorious....

GerB40 wrote: »
    The irony of how and where her (admittedly unlikely) beheading happens would be fúcking glorious....

Does she not have to be strangled though or something by her little brother according to what the fortune teller told her?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

My theory is that in the last book Arya will be given a name by the Faceless Men. This will be unfamiliar to her and will refer to a Targaryen prince.

She'll use Needle and assasinate him "with the pointy end." Only then she'll realise it's .......

Does she not have to be strangled though or something by her little brother according to what the fortune teller told her?

Maggi (I think) predicted fúck all. Cercei believed the vague bullshít yer one told her and made it affect her life. (Like seeing/hearing Tyrion everywhere after PW). Cercei is doomed but it might be her own hand that (metaphorically) kills her. If I were you I wouldn't rely on the predictions, they're so vague they can be interpreted to suit whoever uses them.. Now I reckon resurrection is the way of the future in these books. For the night is dark and full of terrors...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That's certainly a crackpot theory Duckworth!

Even if the first part was true, there's no way Arya would kill Jon. Her stashin of Needle is too significant a sign that she's not prepared to give up her family to become a true faceless (wo)man.

Maggi predicted Cersei's death at the hand of the "Volunquar" which has since been translated as younger brother. That's why she hates Tyrion so much. Of course, Jaime is the younger twin so it seems almost certain to me that she'll die by his hand.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jaime is her little brother as well, and they aren't getting on too well recently.

So here's our new mountain lookin a bit more mountainey.. http://winteriscoming.net/2014/01/new-pic-of-the-mountain/ Just picture the helm with the flat top and the slit for the eyes and just a bit of camera trickery to make him look 8ft. In my opinion it'll work because who remembers his face anyway? This fight will be another jaw dropper in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

I think he was well aware of that. Wasn't it him that had all the bastards killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Dubhlinner wrote: »
    I think he was well aware of that. Wasn't it him that had all the bastards killed?

In the show yes but in the books ( open to correction) tyrion deduces it was King Joffery that sent the wildling to finish Bran thus proving his Grace was well aware of his parentage.

How long into season 4 will the purple wedding be? Wouldnt be surprised if he bowed out in episode 1...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

In the books Cersei had all of Robert's bastards killed, she even admits it to Tyrion.

Regarding Joffrey hiring an assassin to kill Bran, I think that Tyrion and Jaime deduce that he might have done it to impress Robert, who made some comment along the lines of that it would be kinder to let Bran die than watch him suffer.

Part of the reason Joffrey is the way he is that he was largely brought up by Cersei (not a good role model), and craved Robert's attention and affection, who was always cold towards him.

Not entirely sure if Joffrey ever learned his true parentage in the books, but it is implied that he might know on the show based on the conversation he has with Cersei in season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Also the word on the grapevine is that the purple wedding will be in episode 3, based on Jack Gleeson supposedly being contracted for three episodes this season, all rumours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

In the show yes but in the books ( open to correction) tyrion deduces it was King Joffery that sent the wildling to finish Bran thus proving his Grace was well aware of his parentage.

In a Storm of Swords, Jaime deduces Joffery did it to try to impress Robert, after hearing Robert saying it would be kinder put Bran out of misery.

I don't think it was anything to do with Cersei and Jaime being caught.

Tyrion certainly knew it was Joffery, but not sure if he knew why.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/Who_tried_to_kill_Bran

Did Theon get his knob chopped off (aaaaaaahhhh) in the book? It clearly happened in the show but I can't remember if it happened in the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

GerB40 wrote: »
    Did Theon get his knob chopped off (aaaaaaahhhh) in the book? It clearly happened in the show but I can't remember if it happened in the book?

Yeah it was sent to Balon and Asha in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Yeah it was sent to Balon and Asha in a box.

That didn't happen in the book. A piece of skin (from a flayed finger) is given to Robb and Catelyn by Roose, but I don't remember anything being sent to the Iron Islands (which, if I have my timelines right, wouldn't make sense anyway as Balon was dead by the time Theon reappeared.)

It was hinted at but never confirmed that Theon was emasculated.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    That didn't happen in the book. A piece of skin (from a flayed finger) is given to Robb and Catelyn by Roose, but I don't remember anything being sent to the Iron Islands (which, if I have my timelines right, wouldn't make sense anyway as Balon was dead by the time Theon reappeared.)

It was hinted at but never confirmed that Theon was emasculated.

Agreed. It was strongly hinted at in Theon's POVs, nothing was sent to the Iron Islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You're both right I don't know how I managed to mix the two up! The books are probably due another re-read at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

You're both right I don't know how I managed to mix the two up! The books are probably due another re-read at this stage.

Never a bad thing!

• Advertisement

I'm really enjoying my re-read too. So much you forget, the whole Renly assassination and aftermath is totally different to the show.

Advertisement