Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ireland getting a continental summer. Sweaty ballsacks aside, nice isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Iced coffee goodness was had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I cannot believe that the LUAS Trams have no Air Conditioning !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I'm tired of complaining.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

Give it a week and it will be pis*ing. stop ur moaning people. get out and enjoy it.
    We all pay good money for weather like this abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

What bugs me is the inconsistency of the web sources for accurate temperatures.

It's 10.37 at night now, and Yahoo weather says it's still 24C, while Clear Day weather says it's 18C. Met.ie says it's 19C ...... the heat seems to be affecting a lot more than we think ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Is it coming to an end? Afraid to look at the weather forecast lest I jink it:o

I dont get this , people moaning about good weather for fu*ks sake.
    If it bothers people that much loose some bloody weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Or move to iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭SolarFlash

I had factor 50 on, a baseball cap and sunglasses and I still got burnt. I'm staying inside until it finally goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

hellyeah wrote: »
    I dont get this , people moaning about good weather for fu*ks sake.
    If it bothers people that much loose some bloody weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Or move to iceland.

I have size 8 friends hating every minute of this. Weight has little to do with it.

The plus vs minus of good weather.
    Zero heating costs.
    cold showers( as above for free)
    Eat less.
    Bright evenings (no lighting)
    Less traffic( everyone gone to the beach)
    Can walk to the shop (not pis*ing)
    Hence mor money for things i enjoy ie cheap beer etc.

No negatives imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

SolarFlash wrote: »
    I had factor 50 on, a baseball cap and sunglasses and I still got burnt. I'm staying inside until it finally goes.

Are you an albino or red head by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Zero heating costs.
    Eat less.

No negatives imo.

Some people don't like the heat just like some don't like the cold.

The only bad thing about the weather is that my garden is getting a hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Got the souls of my feet burnt all ta fcuk walking on the sand at the beach in Sutton today. Other than that, today was pure paradise. :)

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I have size 8 friends hating every minute of this. Weight has little to do with it.

On average it is 25 or less. If somebody can not tolerate this they must have some medical condition. Given the typical irish person likes 2 weeks in spain i find this hard to believe. Does a typical size 8 prefer sleet and rain and a max of 2 degrees. I dont think so.
    Normal service will be resumned in a week. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

if ya gave your garden a trim Micky it will all grow back soon.

Katunga wrote: »
    if ya gave your garden a trim Micky it will all grow back soon.

See, the problem is I am not at home for extended periods, I returned back last week and a weeping willow is near death. the sun and caterpillars near finished her off. I've been horsing buckets of water at her since and picking caterpillars off.

I have youngish (3-5 years) tress too but they seem to be coping well.

On average it is 25 or less. If somebody can not tolerate this they must have some medical condition. Given the typical irish person likes 2 weeks in spain i find this hard to believe. Does a typical size 8 prefer sleet and rain and a max of 2 degrees. I dont think so.
    Normal service will be resumned in a week. :mad:

Well it was almost 29 degrees here today. I can't wait for winter, it's been my favourite season since I was a child. I love snow, walks during the frosty mornings and stormy nights. I don't see what is so hard to grasp about people having different preferences.

See, the problem is I am not at home for extended periods, I returned back last week and a weeping willow is near death. the sun and caterpillars near finished her off. I've been horsing buckets of water at her since and picking caterpillars off.

I have youngish (3-5 years) tress too but they seem to be coping well.

Yeh, one of my trees actually fell over with the heat!! I never thought to water them and didn't for a second think that could happen :o

I watered the grass out the front tonight because I noticed it was going yellow, I've never had to do that before.

The *only* bad thing I've found about this weather is my work dress, it's a touch too warm - however, I'm not complaining, just stating a fact :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

I watered the grass out the front tonight because I noticed it was going yellow, I've never had to do that before.

The *only* bad thing I've found about this weather is my work dress, it's a touch too warm - however, I'm not complaining, just stating a fact :D
    waste of time watering grass it will grow back soon as it rains.
    The grass above ground dies off to prevent the grass root from dying,

Really shouldn't have listened to Matt cooper on they way home

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Yeh, one of my trees actually fell over with the heat!! I never thought to water them and didn't for a second think that could happen :o

Are you sure you weren't practising your nakedness for next years Santa Strike force in front of the tree and made it fall over with all the excitement :D:):cool:

Well it was almost 29 degrees here today. I can't wait for winter, it's been my favourite season since I was a child. I love snow, walks during the frosty mornings and stormy nights. I don't see what is so hard to grasp about people having different preferences.

I love the snow too. Not trying to start a fight. Just when the good weather arrives make the most of it. Get out and enjoy it. Like the snow , put on a few layers and go for a hike. When the sun arrives dress for the season (sun block and plenty of water). Enjoy the changes in the seasons.:D and the extremes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I wonder why I haven't seen a single ladybird (insect not human) this summer.
    I always thought they were associated with hot summers?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_1976_(Europe)

I love the snow too. Not trying to start a fight. Just when the good weather arrives make the most of it. Get out and enjoy it. Like the snow , put on a few layers and go for a hike. When the sun arrives dress for the season (sun block and plenty of water). Enjoy the changes in the seasons.:D and the extremes.

Ohh I have enjoyed to the best of my ability :). Trips to the beach, BBQs, all the ice cream I can eat :P. It's just a little too hot for me personally. My 6 year old loves it though, glad the kids got some decent weather for their summer holidays.

I wonder why I haven't seen a single ladybird (insect not human) this summer.
    I always thought they were associated with hot summers?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_1976_(Europe)[/QUOTE]

The year i was born, hence the reason i like the sun imo.

Ohh I have enjoyed to the best of my ability :). Trips to the beach, BBQs, all the ice cream I can eat :P. It's just a little too hot for me personally. My 6 year old loves it though, glad the kids got some decent weather for their summer holidays.

Yeah the kids are loving it down my way here in wicklow.
    All out on there bikes etc. Asked a 5 year old the other day had he got his sun bloke on , said "he had". Defo the first good summer they have had.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Some of ye are certainly islanders. Having lived in mainland Europe for sometime this is the kind of weather I now consider mild :p But for real. You get used to anything. It's all relative. This is not hot weather really. It's bordering on that, sure. But it's not really. Our bodies oversweat because they are like...what is...this...thing...heat?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 legrandemac

Zero heating costs.
    Eat less.

No negatives imo.

All very well say that, but everyones situation is different, it's doubtful you are carrying a disabled person around, or looking after an elderly relative who is bedbound. It is great weather for people who have not much to do all day, and that is exactly why it is nice when we go to Spain...because we are on holiday.... but for those who are constantly on the go or in work conditions it can be very oppressive.

I again find the Irish attitude to this weather odd, for some reason we have to be seen to like it, anyone who does complain is seen as a grump, even the rte weather forecasters do their "oppressive for some" crap....whereas in the UK there is huge danger warnings over the past week about heat related stress with now over 760 people dead and warnings about requiring extra vigilance for the safety of animals and elderly etc. ....but shure its all ok here if we beat that record 33*C!

• Advertisement

scopper wrote: »
    Some of ye are certainly islanders.

I would dare to say the majority of islands in the world are in hot climates.

What's you point?

Advertisement