Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Drove from Dundalk today to a garage up north, was a decent 22.5°C when I left. Stepped out of the car (had aircon on all the way) in Portadown onto the garage forecourt and it took my breath away, was 29.5°C. The chaps in parts were sweatin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

People need to get out and enjoy this very rare phenomenon. I think you might see 4/5 in a lifetime in this country.

Stfu you bunch of miserable, whining, curmudgeonly indolents.

I already lived 4/5 excellent spells of weather in this country in my 29 years, at least. Don't be so dramatic.

Why do you care so much that some people don't like this weather? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

I already lived 4/5 excellent spells of weather in this country in my 29 years, at least. Don't be so dramatic.

Why do you care so much that some people don't like this weather? :confused:

You haven't experienced this prolonged settled 3 weeks, and heading for a fourth, of wall to wall glorious sunshine and zero rain 3/4 times before. Not possible.

A kiwi asked myself and an older gent if we remembered such weather in the past. Before I could answer the older gent deadpanned 'yes, 1956'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I hate this. Bring on the stormy autumn nights and then the snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I always remember the weather being good in the summer, it's ever since they promised this global warming thing that it went bad and I'm 28.

I don't anybody minds the heat as much as the humidity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

You haven't experienced this prolonged settled 3 weeks, and heading for a fourth, of wall to wall glorious sunshine and zero rain 3/4 times before. Not possible.

1989 (this was longer than three weeks)
    1995 (Two months, three months actually as there was an Indian summer)
    April 2007 (An amazing month, sunny and warm for three quarters of it, look it up)
    Two fantastics weeks in 2006
    2013 (Two weeks and counting - this spell will head into its third week this weekend, not fourth. Early June was lovely but was actually quite cool in a lot of the country. And it hasn't been wall to wall sunshine for three weeks.)

As well as a fair few great one week spells, and a few scorching 3/4 days spells also, including a five day period last summer at the end of May where, in my location, the top tempurature was 28 degrees one of those days. (I have the official stats for that, but not giving away my location). I also think there might be other 80s spells. Ooh, and summer 1990 was also great.

So, that fair bit of excellent weather in my lifetime. People just think this weather never happened before because we've had six terrible summers in a row. But those 6 summers were exceptionally bad. They were out of the ordinary.

I'm reasonably confident I'll see in the double figures more great spells before I croak it, if I make it that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I was out of the country for the start of this spell, but it pissed rain all day on July 2nd, was dull and cool in the days preceeding that and was fairly cool and overcast last Monday and Tuesday - I've no idea what you're talking about tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

A kiwi asked myself and an older gent if we remembered such weather in the past. Before I could answer the older gent deadpanned 'yes, 1956'.
    That heat is bringing on fruity hallucinations.;)

Good summers seem to happen approximately every 7 years. 2003 was good, 1995 was exceptional. Had at least 3 months in the UK with NO rain, 30degrees many days, allowed to work in shorts.

According to records, gent meant 1955. Was that Kiwi named Ken ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

wil wrote: »
    That heat is bringing on fruity hallucinations.;)

Good summers seem to happen approximately every 7 years. 2003 was good, 1995 was exceptional. Had at least 3 months in the UK with NO rain, 30degrees many days, allowed to work in shorts.

According to records, gent meant 1955. Was that Kiwi named Ken ring?

My point. Good summers v. excellent near record breaking summers. This is a vintage year which will be remembered along with 95 and 76.

95 is 18 years ago. '76 19 years before that. And excuse my mistake, '55 21 years before that again.

Talk of a fine week here and a lovely few days there is nonsense. I'm talking about weeks of sustained mid to high twenties hitting 30 degrees. With sea temps at 18 -20.

No matter what you say it's a very rare thing indeed.

And 3 months in the UK with no rain has zero relevance to what I'm saying here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I don't mind it just yet, but I do hope it's not going to be like this for another 2 weeks.

One of the main reasons I emigrated to Ireland in the first place was the weather - no ridiculously hot summers which leave you dizzy with lack of sleep as the most you can get in the heat are 2 or 3 hours around in the early hours when it cools down to just about tolerable. No risk of horrible tans or sunburns. No worries about dehydration and sunstroke whenever you need to do some physical work outside. I had hoped I had left all that behind me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Just heard Evelyn Cusack on the Ray Darcy Show. Loved the way she got the digs in regarding Ken Ring and mentioned how completely wrong he predicted last years summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'm fed up with it, I don't cope well with heat and neither does my skin (not sunburn, I use suncream..but rashes and hives). It's great that the vast majority are enjoying it but I can't help wishing for at least a bit if our traditional Irish summer right about now, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

Without a doubt I am very impressed by the talent on show during this fine weather.
    Irish women have taken so much better care of themselves in recent years that they rival all the continental girls parading around our cities and beaches.
    We used criticise the women of Ireland but a sudden shift has happened with the last few generations and they are looking stunning in the sun.
    Anyone else notice this

• Registered Users Posts: 33,262 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

hedgehog2 wrote: »
    Without a doubt I am very impressed by the talent on show during this fine weather.
    Irish women have taken so much better care of themselves in recent years that they rival all the continental girls parading around our cities and beaches.
    We used criticise the women of Ireland but a sudden shift has happened with the last few generations and they are looking stunning in the sun.
    Anyone else notice this

Pics or you know the rest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Someone hasn't gotten laid in a while:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Thinly veiled "I have a boner" thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yeah for austerity!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

They certainly get my binocular's seal of approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

a sudden shift has happened

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

they rival all the continental girls parading around our cities and beaches

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Hot weather = less clothes.

Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

I was out for a run yesterday evening and bumped into a really hot woman in a very revealing sports bra, dropped my water bottle, she picks it up for me and i say 'tits' instead of thanks.
    :cool:

But yeah the weathers great for having a perv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Its because dove gave us body confidence :)

and river island & Rihanna have given us sexier clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Love it when overweight howyas get on the red line showing off their bare torsos.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It's the radiation from Sellafield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Why the hell has nobody been talking about the weather since 12.06? for shame Ireland for shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Why the hell has nobody been talking about the weather since 12.06? for shame Ireland for shame.

They've died from heat stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

some weather we're having

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I sound like a sick, pregnant cow with my heat driven moans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Man it was hot today. Almost too hot.

Advertisement