Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

But I wasn't on here bitching the last 3 years of rain we had.

You were probably biding your time so you could make this post. You knew this day would come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

You've said this repeatedly. For days now. I love this weather. But I wasn't on here bitching the last 3 years of rain we had.

People need to get out and enjoy this very rare phenomenon. I think you might see 4/5 in a lifetime in this country.

Stfu you bunch of miserable, whining, curmudgeonly indolents.

You have been fined for A Violation Of The Morality Code Statute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Ball awks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

You've said this repeatedly. For days now. I love this weather. But I wasn't on here bitching the last 3 years of rain we had.

People need to get out and enjoy this very rare phenomenon. I think you might see 4/5 in a lifetime in this country.

Stfu you bunch of miserable, whining, curmudgeonly indolents.

na, i love rain and i'd never complain about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Was just watching our local news, and he says "Tune in after the break, and we'll discuss when the summer is coming back".

Today it was 90 degrees F (= 32 degrees C).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Am actually pretty fcukin shattered after all that sun. And a bit blind, for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Can't believe what some people are wearing. I saw a man today in a wooly hat and a heavy black parka zipped right up :confused:
    Also fools who insist on wearing hoodies all year round- get a clue, it's a heatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Can't believe what some people are wearing. I saw a man today in a wooly hat and a heavy black parka zipped right up :confused:
    Also fools who insist on wearing hoodies all year round- get a clue, it's a heatwave.

Saw a lady yesterday wearing a heavy winter jacket :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Only thing i hate about this weather that all flies and other bugs are just occupying my room when windows are open,you see swarm of flies in room when you wake up all over corners,have to suck them with hoover :D btw if i was ever in Australia F that with all them deadly spiders trying to get into your place,as for here i love spiders,killing them damn flies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

So now Ireland is officially in drought. (What else are we officially in.:confused:)

Panic. Fill the hot water bottles, wash the car, the house, the babies and fill the pool with H2O before its all gone.:rolleyes:

But roll on more summer, its been a long time coming.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

All this terrible hot weather is making me drink more beer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone else out there with a sore throat/cold/sniffles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭SolarFlash

very hot in Galway today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This heat is gonna kill me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

All this terrible hot weather is making me drink more beer

God damn this curse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Last weekends weather was lovely. It turned much cooler and there was a nice, cooling breeze. The heat the days beforehand was a huge shock to the system. Mon and Tues, just gone was also nice. Yesterday the heat came back and again today, it was hotter and it's yucky. It has all my energy drained.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

People need to keep eating properly.

I know its warm but you gotta keep eating like you always do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

cloud493 wrote: »
    This heat is gonna kill me :(

It's women's monthly for me currently and that usually has me wrecked coupled with the sun and I'll tell you something - I'm fcuked. I almost started crying and came so close to fighting with a brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I think we've broken records. Almost two weeks without rain in galway, I think it might be 12 days without rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Today was an absolute scorcher in Galway. Long may it continue!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I think we've broken records. .

I'm sure you can get it replaced on CD or iTunes :)

*hails taxi*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Lovely and warm........

Breakfast in the garden, followed by a bit of grass cutting, come in for a coffee & catch up on sports news, back out to sling shoot the fluck out of the magpies that **** on my decking, read my book and catch the rays, get the BBQ ready for the dinner, beers watching the sunset.

If you don't enjoy this weather, you're doing it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Super-Rush wrote: »
    People need to keep eating properly.

I know its warm but you gotta keep eating like you always do.

And a lot of Milshakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

walking the dog this evening I saw smoke coming out of a chimney....... weird.
    I wouldn't like to think what goes on in that house!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sounds like that Tom Hanks film where the neighbours were buring up dead bodies.
    Break in and investigate Elmer :pac:

that was The Backwards man's turf fire going :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

How do you people manage to sleep with this heat?

Go on, share your secrets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

fryup wrote: »
    anyone else out there with a sore throat/cold/sniffles :(

YES !!!

I NEVER get sick. I haven't had a cold/cough/flu/sore throat in over 25 years. But this hot weather has my bodies metabolism very, very confused. While everyone else is gagging for cold beers and iced water, I am going thru packets of Lemsip & Strepsils like they are going out of fashion. I asked for a hot whiskey in a pub yesterday, and I got a very funny WTF look from the bar man for my trouble ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I've had all my bedroom windows open for 2 weeks.

Room does be about 8 degrees most nights as we have been getting a steady breeze nearly every night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I have blackout blinds in my room and I haven't opened them in 2 weeks. Keeps the room fairly cool when theres no light getting in.

Advertisement