Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the picture that ME had on their forecast after the six news it showed a frozen waterfall , this is July not December whats wrong with them

They have had that up there for a while now, maybe in December we'll have

30j4177.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Bsal

Looking good in the Dublin area from Friday, at last we'll get a bit of summer

Capture_zps3b665544.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Bsal wrote: »
    Looking good in the Dublin area from Friday, at last we'll get a bit of summer

What do you mean, "at last"?

This summer has been great so far, only a couple of days in June that were really bad but on the whole its been largely dry, warm and even sunny. What about that first week in June? That was fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody got any more charts they could share this morning?! Getting so excited about this now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

leahyl wrote: »
    Anybody got any more charts they could share this morning?! Getting so excited about this now!

Can't post charts on my phone but the ECM is out to 144 hours so far and it is just fantastic.

• Advertisement

dopolahpec wrote: »
    Can't post charts on my phone but the ECM is out to 144 hours so far and it is just fantastic.

Thanks!! I really hope this lasts up to July 18th (Bruce Springsteen concert!)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

To my untrained eye, gfs looks good out to the 16th/17th.

To my untrained eye, gfs looks good out to the 16th/17th.

Haha knowing my luck it will prob last up to the 18th and then piss rain on the 18th :-P

Haha knowing my luck it will prob last up to the 18th and then piss rain on the 18th :-P

The GFS is showing a slight retrogression west of the high early next week. This is causing some concern on a well known English weather forum as it would mean eastern england may experience lower temps. However, still el scorchio for l'irlande

Just reading MT's forecast there and when he says temps of 25-30 "inland" what does inland mean?

I'm in Cork City which isn't coastal but I guess it's not inland either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Just reading MT's forecast there and when he says temps of 25-30 "inland" what does inland mean?

I'm in Cork City which isn't coastal but I guess it's not inland either!

Anywhere away from the sea breeze. Usually the mid-west counties like Roscommon etc.. get the warmest weather.

Anywhere away from the sea breeze. Usually the mid-west counties like Roscommon etc.. get the warmest weather.

Ok that could mean us so :D Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looking awesome lads. This could be our 1995, dare I jinx it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Looking awesome lads. This could be our 1995, dare I jinx it!

Its been so long since we've seen charts like that during the summer months that it almost looks weird. I'd say the heat thats progged next week will come as a shock to many that have become hardened to poor summer fare over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Its been so long since we've seen charts like that during the summer months that it almost looks weird. I'd say the heat thats progged next week will come as a shock to many that have become hardened to poor summer fare over the last few years.

Sligo forecast

Today 17 showers
    Friday 18c cloudy
    Saturday 16c mist
    Sunday 20c fair
    Monday 24c fine
    Tuesday 25c fine
    Wednesday 26c fair

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I know it's FI, but it's a thing of beauty to see the GFS showing temps hitting 27 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. And from past warm spells I know that local temps are often ~2 higher than what the GFS shows in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

NAE showing 20 degree for the east coast tomorrow at 6pm :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Its not often i skip to the last frame of an ECMWF run to see if there is a breakdown but none in sight. The best summer output i have ever seen in my time of watching the models. :D

Already the 6z GFS is an upgrade on the 0z with higher pressure showing 1035mb after Sunday. Should mean higher temps too.

Southwest inland and midwest are going to see some seriously high temperatures early next week. The tar will be melting on the roads lads

• Advertisement

Southwest inland and midwest are going to see some seriously high temperatures early next week. The tar will be melting on the roads lads

Ok maybe slight exaggeration!! Tar melting on the roads?! Lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

This weekend the east should see the best of sunshine but come Monday that will all change! Next week,west and midlands could be between 25-28C while the rest will be about 22-25C.Even along the coast temperatures will still be in the 20s,amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

Ok maybe slight exaggeration!! Tar melting on the roads?! Lol!!
    You are clearly not old enough then to have seen tar melt on the roads during a hot summer's day.
    Lucky you and unlucky you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Keith96 wrote: »
    This weekend the east should see the best of sunshine but come Monday that will all change! Next week,west and midlands could be between 25-28C while the rest will be about 22-25C.Even along the coast temperatures will still be in the 20s,amazing.
    Will it hold on in the West all next week until next Sat and Sun do you think?

Thargor wrote: »

every chance, even if not quite as hot, there is nothing to suggest a meaningful breakdown before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I really hope everyone here is right about the hot weather and it turns out like the charts have indicated but listening to Jean Byrne last night it just looks like just a good Sunday & Monday either that or she is the master of the understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Thargor wrote: »

At the moment it looks like it could be!(maybe even warmer)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

pcasso wrote: »
    You are clearly not old enough then to have seen tar melt on the roads during a hot summer's day.
    Lucky you and unlucky you:D

I can certainly remember that happening! :D , heatwaves on the ground and what not :)

One to watch though... with all this heat , any slight instability could kick off some thunderstorms :)

Can only remember once last year the GFS kicked out a 70% risk area for thunderstorms, and that was certainly a sparky morning!
    261115.png

ANd the air is quite the juicy for Irish standards! :)
    261116.png

If they go up they wouldnt be long lasting as shear isnt forecast to be present . But would be nicely active with all the heat id imagine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTE radios Morning Ireland forced the hand of Met Eire today by starting the intro with how the UK met is talking of a potential heatwave so the forecaster basically had to concede their was good weather coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Keith96 wrote: »
    At the moment it looks like it could be!(maybe even warmer)
    BBC Weather Galway longrange forecast saying 27 deg C all next week until Saturday anyway!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2964180

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement