Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm not sure what all the comments about what the weather is like this morning have to do with the warm weather that isn't due to arrive until around Sunday. :p

Met Eireann says 20-25 degrees today - that's pretty warm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Trying to digest RTE's forecast with MT's forecast. RTE's sounds so pessimistic for cloudless days midweek, the following doesn't help :(
    dry conditions will develop during Sunday, and cloud will tend to break also. Once this has happened, the week ahead will continue largely dry, with light winds and often with little cloud. However, there is some risk that the midweek period will be rather cloudy at times, with the possibility of isolated showers breaking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Met Eire - it'll be dry unless its wet, it'll be clear unless its cloudy, it'll be calm unless its windy. It'll be daylight unless its night.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

To be fair lads. Met Eireann will always play slightly on the side of caution. There three day forecast is pretty looks accurate for the weekend. Anything beyond this range is not certain so be foolish of them to commit to those models. They have provided a general indication out to next friday being fine and warm.

There is potential thunder risk and some of the models are think we might have some precipitation.

Hopefully we will have an extended fine period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Looks like the cloud is burning away.

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I think people are losing the run of themselves a bit about the coming period, it should be pleasant summer time weather but as the High looks like it will sit in a position to give us a slack SW flow there will be a lot of mist and high cloud so the prospect of dazzling or unbroken sunshine at any particular location is quite low and humidity will be high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

This was July 2012. Now cloud or no cloud once its not hammering down rain and I need to put the heating on I'm a very happy camper!

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-weather-july-cold-rain-541147-Aug2012/

'IRISH WEATHER STATIONS recorded their coldest and wettest July in years according to newly released data from Met Éireann.
    Malin Head’s mean temperature for the month of 13 ° C is its lowest in 40 years and 1.3 ° C below its average.
    Johnstown Castle, Co Wexford recorded 7.4 ­° C on 12 July – the station’s lowest July minimum since 1986 – while stations around the country recorded their lowest minimum July temperatures in eight to 16 years.'

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

One things that's confusing me about the forecasts ....most are saying very humid (bad for sleep) but MTC is saying low humidity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Tabnabs wrote: »
    WTF? A glorious and sunny morning in south Dublin :confused:

I'm working in blanchardstown and it was looking dire this morning when I posted in this thread. Now at 12 pm the sun is shining and it's hawt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

To be fair lads. Met Eireann will always play slightly on the side of caution. There three day forecast is pretty looks accurate for the weekend. Anything beyond this range is not certain so be foolish of them to commit to those models. They have provided a general indication out to next friday being fine and warm.

Yeah, anything past 5 days isn't reliable so they're just being cautious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Clear blue skies here in Wexford and a current temp of 20.2c which is rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The weather near Limerick City has degraded from fine this morning to fair this afternoon. It may degrade further to partly cloudy soon. Feeling fairly warm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sunny now but not the temperatures predicted, feeling warm but still only 19C, cant see us getting 24/25C till maybe tomorrow

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Touching 22c here (well 21.8c atm).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It was lovely in Galway for a few hours, now completely clouded over ,looks more like rain now temp was 19c now 16c :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's 19c in south dublin but 25c in athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hal1 wrote: »
    It's 19c in south dublin but 25c in athlone.

didnt think it was 25, but yes, its bloody warm out there!

Great stuff altogether! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Nice day here at the moment, but still fairly cool at around 18C. Temperatures could reach the mid-twenties next week if we're lucky, certainly looks good for Ireland in particular until at least next weekend (Eastern parts of Britain look fairly cool in comparison).

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

24 degrees in North Kildare. :cool:

Weather forecast is not quite as positive as it was guys....well at least I don't think so anyway....talking about possible cloud and light rain now at times :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That's a front tomorrow across the west and north - that was always going to happen.

mike65 wrote: »
    That's a front tomorrow across the west and north - that was always going to happen.

No I'm talking about next week

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

What are you doing on this thread Leahyl, i usually only see your name on this forum at the first hint of the white stuff:).
    Met Eireann always play it cautious anymore. I remember a couple of years ago the young weather forecaster (forget her name) came on and predicted 30 degrees for the weekend and then Evelyn had to apologise a day later saying it wouldn't be anything near that.
    The Azores High is hard to move once it gets established so even if next week isn't as good as first thought if the H.P puts down anchor then we could see the following week very warm aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

leahyl wrote: »
    No I'm talking about next week

Doesn't look bad to me bearing in mind ME usually have a worst case scenario
    Outlook

Further drizzle or light rain will occur in the north and west on Saturday night and for a time early Sunday. However, dry conditions will develop during Sunday, and cloud will tend to break also. Once this has happened, the week ahead will continue largely dry, with light winds and often with little cloud. However, there is some risk that the midweek period will be rather cloudy at times, with the possibility of isolated showers breaking out. For most places, temperatures will be above normal for the time of year, with Monday and Tuesday likely to see maximum values in the mid to high twenties Celsius in many inland locations. However, coastal districts will frequently see onshore sea breezes developing which will moderate temperatures. At night, some fog patches will form inland.

Aiel wrote: »
    What are you doing on this thread Leahyl, i usually only see your name on this forum at the first hint of the white stuff:).
    Met Eireann always play it cautious anymore. I remember a couple of years ago the young weather forecaster (forget her name) came on and predicted 30 degrees for the weekend and then Evelyn had to apologise a day later saying it wouldn't be anything near that.
    The Azores High is hard to move once it gets established so even if next week isn't as good as first thought if the H.P puts down anchor then we could see the following week very warm aswell.

I'm always lurking ;-) yeah I suppose it's true - they have to be cautious and cover themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well shes 1029mb today and predicted 1031mb tomorrow. Seems strong enough to stay put for a few days at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

So who's going storm chasing next week? :p I don't remember seeing such consistent good conditions for thunderstorm potential on the charts before for so many days in a row. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday....all looking like possible electrical days for at least some parts at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Some predicted temperatures for tomorrow afternoon:

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Weather station in Dublin 16 reading 24º outside. I don't fully believe it as I think its picking up heat from the apartment walls (its on a balcony). It is definitely warmer out than in at the moment though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

So who's going storm chasing next week? :p I don't remember seeing such consistent good conditions for thunderstorm potential on the charts before for so many days in a row. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday....all looking like possible electrical days for at least some parts at the moment.

Unusual to see charts like this for Ireland all right, there'll probably be a strong cap but if anything does manage to break through then there could be some great light shows

waz2.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement