Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

This is great news as I was "forced" to take next week off as holidays from work so we're heading home to Donegal for the week!!!

Nothing like Donegal in good sunny weather:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

GFS 6z maintaining the trend of epic weather from weekend on.

Get in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Atm it looks like some western areas and Northern Ireland could be plagued by cloud and outbreaks of rain around Saturday as the High moves in it seems to drag an Atlantic Front up with it(weak front)
    Warmth should start to build however in Southern and Eastern parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

It's pissin' out boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

pad199207 wrote: »
    Atm it looks like some western areas and Northern Ireland could be plagued by cloud and outbreaks of rain around Saturday as the High moves in it seems to drag an Atlantic Front up with it(weak front)
    Warmth should start to build however in Southern and Eastern parts!

Depends on the position of the high and the timing. GFS shows the rain just missing the northwest.

pJVH3Qk.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Down in courttown now and its horrible out misty sort of drizzle falling and it quiet chilly with a temp of only 11c

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭J6P

Looks fairly nailed on for a hot spell and the North West could see the highest temps...

Rtavn15617.png

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

J6P wrote: »
    Looks fairly nailed on for a hot spell and the North West could see the highest temps...

Rtavn15617.png
    It all depends on the postion of the high.Tempeatures are almost impossible to predict after five days

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Currently moderate rain on the South Dublin Coast, a toasty 13C

However, UK Met have nailed their colours to the heatwave mast, certainly for England and Wales throughout July, hopefully some or all of Ireland will get a piece of the action, 4 weeks of 25C would do very nicely

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=regionalForecast&fcTime=1372719600

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

If this works out as progged on the models this morning, we could be looking at some of the highest temps in this country since the epic summer of '06:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So excited!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

This looks really promising! Think I will book the week off from work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Barbecue Summer Alert!
    UK Outlook for Sunday 7 Jul 2013 to Tuesday 16 Jul 2013:

Conditions look likely to be fine, dry and settled across the UK throughout much of this period, with some long sunny spells by day. It may often be cloudier across some north western parts of the UK with a risk of some rain, particularly later next week. There is also a low risk of an afternoon heavy shower developing over hills through next week. Away from the far north west, it will be warm or very warm, and locally hot across central and southern areas by the middle part of next week. Towards the end of the period, it may turned more unsettled across northern areas, with occasional rain or showers. Elsewhere, the fine, dry and warm weather is expected to continue across many southern parts.

Updated: 1104 on Tue 2 Jul 2013
    UK Outlook for Tuesday 16 Jul 2013 to Tuesday 30 Jul 2013:

There are signals that the dry and settled weather from the first half of the month should continue across most parts of the UK during at least the first half of this period. This means rainfall should be below average, with mainly above-average temperatures and above-average sunshine amounts.

Updated: 1141 on Mon 1 Jul 2013

just to add this from the indo
    The weekend will be mainly dry with sunny spells and light winds, and temperatures rising to between 20C and 25C.

"It will be unsettled for the rest of the week, with fairly frequent episodes of rain, but with some sunny spells ahead," said Mr Rogers.

His colleague Gerald Fleming raised the prospect of the good weather continuing into next week: "With the fine period in the beginning of June, and the high pressure, definitely something is possible after the weekend and into next week."

Met Eireann statistics showed last month's highest temperature was 25.4C in Newport, Co Mayo, on June 8.

Dublin stations reported their driest June in seven years with six consecutive days of sun from June 4-9.

However, Valentia Observatory, Kerry, had its wettest in six years with a recorded 138.1mm of rain.

How much sun is officially needed to be a day with sun? 6 days on the bounce seems very modest a total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

mike65 wrote: »
    Barbecue Summer Alert!

just to add this from the indo

How much sun is officially needed to be a day with sun? 6 days on the bounce seems very modest a total.

That was a misprint. They meant to say 6 consecutive days with over 14 hours of sun (which is pretty decent for Ireland).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

nice and breezy here at the butt of the galtees, most importantly the wind has changed to the south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

More of the same from the 12Z GFS, things get going over the weekend then high pressure centred over us for the foreseeable future. Still too early to know if there'll be any low cloud trapped under the high but all we can do is hope

gfs-0-138_nyf0.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The F1 is looking more promising again, could we yet see two weeks of warm, dry, sunny weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

The F1 is looking more promising again, could we yet see two weeks of warm, dry, sunny weather?

It looks as good as I've seen since the last time it was wrong

Very promising though I would say eearly 20s for sure

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Mike, i'm holding you to that. I'm on hols to Kerry the week after next. If i get wet, i'll be looking for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Oh yeah azores hp ftw :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

the high pressure from the south lasts a lot longer than the hp from the east, from the east seven days is the usual lenght of time it lasts, from the south all long lasting highs origionate from there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

18Z GFS sticks with the warm theme with temps reaching the 20's on Saturday and staying in the 20's for every day for the rest of the run.

Just for fun, when the was the last time it was 25 at midnight in Galway? :

AYpp0pJ.png

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shell820810

Woohoo we are for Galway for a week on Saturday!
    Who needs Spain!
    18Z GFS sticks with the warm theme with temps reaching the 20's on Saturday and staying in the 20's for every day for the rest of the run.

Just for fun, when the was the last time it was 25 at midnight in Galway? :

AYpp0pJ.png

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

They are night temps? Oh joy. There will be some fun trying to sleep then..... :(

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

They are night temps? Oh joy. There will be some fun trying to sleep then..... :(

I don't think you have to worry about that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

high temps during the day, low temps during the night. don't think we would be that "lucky" to get the high temps during the night as well. we're not living in Hawaii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Oh; nice coastal breeze for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

pebbles21 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Excellent contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Excellent contribution.

An even better contribution :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So do we think a hot Saturday and Sunday in Galway is pretty much nailed on yet? I need the €€€

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement