Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Melbourne Rebels, 25th June 2013, Sky Sports 10.40am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Well done Tipuric, yet another turnover. How many does that world class 7 Warburton have????

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Lydiate off....

Croft on, I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Melbourne Rebels
    Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

They got a lineout in the 22 from that kick which led to a try.

I don't think we're talking about the same incidents here. He had possession about 35m from their line, chipped it over to no runners, they collected and cleared their lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

.ak wrote: »
    Croft on, I presume?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

So can anyone tell me again how Manu's name is pronounced? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

leakyboots wrote: »
    How is Manu Tuilagi's name pronounced?

Manoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Faletau's been quiet this half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Good to see Best throwing well into the lineout. Too late for the tour but still good for his confidence

Sloppy breakdown !!

• Advertisement

Errors aside, sounds like a decent game for a bit of excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Well done Tipuric, yet another turnover. How many does that world class 7 Warburton have????

This question displays a complete lack of understanding of the Lions back row

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

lologram wrote: »
    That IS how you pronounce Tuilagi mate.
    that's actually how you pronounce it
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The Tuilagis have always had their name pronounced like that.
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    That's how it's pronounced.

So, what are ye trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Well done Zebo there

conf101 wrote: »
    Good to see Best throwing well into the lineout. To late for the tour but still good for his confidence

An injury to Hibbard or Youngs and the confidence of a few solid throws could be very important

DBAD.

Also, I'd be of the opinion that stealing ball is worth more than slowing ball down?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Buer wrote: »
    I don't think we're talking about the same incidents here. He had possession about 35m from their line, chipped it over to no runners, they collected and cleared their lines.

Yeah but it was carried back so the Lions got a lineout inside the 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Errors aside, sounds like a decent game for a bit of excitement.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Fine offload by Zebo, well taken in the air too. I'd say it's a shootout between him and Maitland, Maitland had the edge in the first half but Zebo starting to come good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Great strength by Zebo there, not had much opportunity in attack, but his defensive work has been good today

• Advertisement

Thats a bit harsh

I think the point he's trying to make is obvious

Warbs deserve his starting place ? (naturally he will get it though)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Croft could cover locks if need be.

Lydiate off now, replaced by Croft. The 6 jersey could still be anyones at this stage.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

not really, obviously I'm well aware Tipuric is totally unsuited to the role Warburton plays in the Lions team

But I just find it funny that Warburton has been constantly lauded as a world class ground hog seven despite not making one turnover on this tour to date

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

DBAD.

Also, I'd be of the opinion that stealing ball is worth more than slowing ball down?

Neither of which are as important to Gatland as support play, where Tipuric has been weak this tour and Warburton has been great in his last two appearances

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Very good by Youngs

• Subscribers Posts: 41,218 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Great try youngs, great line out rory

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yeah but it was carried back so the Lions got a lineout inside the 22.

Fair enough. That's an error by the Rebels though. It was a very bad decision to kick possession away to nobody in a great position.

DBAD.

In fairness, Tipuric is a bit light weight, which was a problem on saturday for the lions, so I can't them getting rid of Warb for a more lightweight player at the breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

leakyboots wrote: »
    Fine offload by Zebo, well taken in the air too. I'd say it's a shootout between him and Maitland, Maitland had the edge in the first half but Zebo starting to come good

Maitland has it on this performance, Zebo a bit disappointing for me. Maitland wasn't used last time so it does beg the question what's the point having him there, but he's played 15 and wing on this tour, performed the best today and was clearly ahead in Gatland's mind based on the last test, can't see Zebo usurping him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Tom Croft has to play because he won a lineout.

Barnes is some ignoramus

Advertisement