Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Melbourne Rebels, 25th June 2013, Sky Sports 10.40am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

.ak wrote: »
    They got almost zero off the top ball in the test tho. So he could become useless really.

I'd have to watch it again but I think there must have been 4 or 5 straight off the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Manu T going out of his way to look everyone he shakes hands with in the eye. Seems to be really maturing on and off the field

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Does Brad Barritt play rugby?

Thought he was really good tonight. Showed exactly why he's been called up.

He's playing because he's captain. If there was any reward for form Lydiate would be doing that job at six and SOB would be at 7

Maybe if the coaches wanted to play completely differently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

His passing is woeful for a centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I was surprised Farrell was replaced after 50 minutes. I just didn't see the point in that. He was playing well. I'm less worried about the Lions now if Sexton did do himself a mischief. Farrell is someone who has improved steadily as the tour has progressed.

As for the back row you could easily pick BOTH Lydiate and O'Brien and arguably strengthen the back row for Saturday.

Thought he was really good in the first half but faded and didn't do much in the second half. Carried well and even passed decently in the first half as well as the par for the course defensive performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Buer wrote: »
    I'd have to watch it again but I think there must have been 4 or 5 straight off the top.

The only I can remember is the one that resulted in their centre going off in the first few minutes. Most of the line outs struggled to get clean ball down to the scrumie, and most of it ended up in a maul. Could be wrong tho, but that's my recollection.

There were two, and neither were taken by Croft. Bizarrely a maul was formed with the first one to the tail

I just can't understand the logic of starting Croft for his lineout play then throwing everything to the front

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Good performance, some players have ended their tour well.

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »
    I was surprised Farrell was replaced after 50 minutes. I just didn't see the point in that. He was playing well. I'm less worried about the Lions now if Sexton did do himself a mischief. Farrell is someone who has improved steadily as the tour has progressed.

Think you've answered your own query there, bilston. He was taken off in case Sexton hurts himself.

Maybe if the coaches wanted to play completely differently

How? what would a backrow of Lydiate/Heaslip/SOB not be able to bring as opposed to Croft/Heaslip/Warburton

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

There were two, and neither were taken by Croft. Bizarrely a maul was formed with the first one to the tail

I just can't understand the logic of starting Croft for his lineout play then throwing everything to the front

Well SOB proved tonight that he is more than useful at the tail of the lineout anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Feel bad that the Rebels didn't at least get a consolation try. It was a brave effort from them and I liked how they kept going for the tryline instead of taking the easy points.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Haha Seanie apologising for language

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Haha good man SOB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

LOL, an apology for SOBs language by Greenwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Melbourne Rebels
    :D sky won't interview SOB again players PISSED off. Greenwood sorru about the language there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Mind your language Sean! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭OldRio

Language young man. Tut Tut:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Disgraceful by SOB, that is why he should not be in the test 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Kiwi_knock wrote: »

He's a showpony anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Kiwi_knock wrote: »

If everyone was wearing their headphones no one would have heard it. It's our own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Wurzel Gummage being interviewed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Lol what did SOB say?

How? what would a backrow of Lydiate/Heaslip/SOB not be able to bring as opposed to Croft/Heaslip/Warburton

In fairness, Lydaite, Croft and SOB all bring entirely different strengths to the table.

Specifically to Lydiate, he defends around the fringes much better than the others and is a machine when the opposition are in possession. With Genia running the show, it's a serious option.

Well you could play the same way, but they wouldnt be as good at it. You're missing the support play of Warburton and Lydiate is not as good at it so Heaslip gets sucked in to do that more. And Heaslip is already doing lots of that. So the quality of ball suffers. And the number of phases we can go through shortens. And that is the opposite of what Gatland wants.

I'm sure if Kidney was picking the team he'd have O'Brien/Tipuric/Heaslip

In fairness, Lydaite, Croft and SOB all bring entirely different strengths to the table.

Specifically to Lydiate, he defends around the fringes much better than the others and is a machine when the opposition are in possession. With Genia running the show, it's a serious option.

I know but my argument is that there's just as much of a balance in Lydiate/Heaslip/SOB as Croft/Heaslip/Warburton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Melbourne Rebels
    19543261 wrote: »
    Lol what did SOB say?

that sky's coverage is a load of s hite

• Advertisement

I know but my argument is that there's just as much of a balance in Lydiate/Heaslip/SOB as Croft/Heaslip/Warburton

In defense, there is

Advertisement