Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Options
1119120121122123125»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

With what exactly? Trading cards?

Play the market right and ya can make millions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Well I certainly cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Well I certainly cant.

You need to move location my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

With what exactly? Trading cards?

One card at a time, one card at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Well yesterday I traded 24 cards for Awesomenauts and now earlier I traded Just Cause and 2 discount codes for The Bridge and Portal 2 that no one seemed interested in for Trine 2 so I am happy out :D

EDIT: Just got my 1st booster pack there for Worms ... Anyone know what I should do with it? Should I keep it? Is there a chance of there being foils inside the pack or what do I do with these :P ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nesf wrote: »
    One card at a time, one card at a time.

yeah in about 200 years he might be able to get a daycent paysay hoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What are the foil cards for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

What are the foil cards for?

Nothing that the regular cards aren't for. The only difference is that the foil ones are rarer, other than that they do the same thing as normal cards: you can trade them or collect them all to get a badge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well yesterday I traded 24 cards for Awesomenauts and now earlier I traded Just Cause and 2 discount codes for The Bridge and Portal 2 that no one seemed interested in for Trine 2 so I am happy out :D

EDIT: Just got my 1st booster pack there for Worms ... Anyone know what I should do with it? Should I keep it? Is there a chance of there being foils inside the pack or what do I do with these :P ...
    As far as I know a booster is simply 3 cards for the game; so I guess there might be a theoretical higher price (as content is unknown) but I'd doubt it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Okay before the June and all these summer sales I had 190 gb free space on my HDD.... No I have 81gb free. Time for a new Hard Drive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Just had to abandon my first prison in Prison Architect :(

Thought it would be a bright idea to pull up all the cables and pipes at night when the prisoners were sleeping so I could put them back down neater. What I didn't realise was that it took a lot longer than the 5 hours I give them to sleep.

Prisoners woke up and a full blown riot broke out. Put it in bang up mode, but that didn't stop them. I now have three hearses parked at my entrance waiting to collect my three dead prison guards :rolleyes:

I'll let them figure this one out on their own... I'm on to bigger and better plots of land :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

nesf wrote: »
    In its vanilla form it's hard. Some mods to help a bit with controlling the spacecraft in orbit are a good idea.

You weren't joking... Gonna look into some steering mods. I can get my rocket out of the atmosphere but getting it into an orbit is breaking my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

You weren't joking... Gonna look into some steering mods. I can get my rocket out of the atmosphere but getting it into an orbit is breaking my heart.

its a steep learning curve but launching eventually becomes the easy part. theres a few guides on how to build your rocket to steer and how to get into orbit.

Building a space station is hard. Ive only docked the second part and have 2 kerbals difting towards the sun and flying his way out of the solar system never to be caught:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

NTMK wrote: »
    its a steep learning curve but launching eventually becomes the easy part. theres a few guides on how to build your rocket to steer and how to get into orbit.

Building a space station is hard. Ive only docked the second part and have 2 kerbals difting towards the sun and flying his way out of the solar system never to be caught:pac:

Aha... Docking in space..... Yeah that might be a while off just yet. Any recommended mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

EDIT: problem resolved :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Aha... Docking in space..... Yeah that might be a while off just yet. Any recommended mods?

Mech Jeb is a very handy mod, it can automate launches and orbital manueveres, however I would say it is far more fun to do a number of these yourself until you are confident you can do it well, then let it come in and automate for you.

I found this series of tutorials very helpful
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7xLcLi854E

There is also a thread in Aviation, virtual flying forum which anyone playing KSP might want to have a look at
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056842302

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Just had to abandon my first prison in Prison Architect :(

Thought it would be a bright idea to pull up all the cables and pipes at night when the prisoners were sleeping so I could put them back down neater. What I didn't realise was that it took a lot longer than the 5 hours I give them to sleep.

Prisoners woke up and a full blown riot broke out. Put it in bang up mode, but that didn't stop them. I now have three hearses parked at my entrance waiting to collect my three dead prison guards :rolleyes:

I'll let them figure this one out on their own... I'm on to bigger and better plots of land :P

Withdraw guards from the area they're rioting in. Lock doors. Wait.

They'll fall asleep or kill each other soon enough, then you send riot teams and give those who refused to return to their cells 3 months solitary confinement with only 30 minutes a day yard time.

I should point out I've no idea if ANY of that is actually possible, but that's what I'd do if that functionality existed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Withdraw guards from the area they're rioting in. Lock doors. Wait.

They'll fall asleep or kill each other soon enough, then you send riot teams and give those who refused to return to their cells 3 months solitary confinement with only 30 minutes a day yard time.

I should point out I've no idea if ANY of that is actually possible, but that's what I'd do if that functionality existed. :pac:

That's.....

Em, that's.......

Have you ever thought about therapy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You get penalties for riots and injuries so it's in your interest to quickly overwhelm them and restore order.

My current (4th/5th) prison is the best yet. I accepted a few grants at the start for come quick cash and built enough space for 8 prisoners, accepted them and closed the prison. Once all their needs were satisfied, I opened the prison to new inmates. This cycle is working quite well, I've been profitable for 90% of the time and with the license plates and a 4 hour work shift, the place get ~60% cleaned (I have 1 full time janitor also), everybody gets clean clothes and I make about $1000 in license plates.

There were some escape attempts early on, but no one got away and solitary had a queue.

Maybe we should start a new thread for this...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

That's.....

Em, that's.......

Have you ever thought about therapy?

I thought about it, but the voices advised against it.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'd follow/subscribe to & participate in it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

You get penalties for riots and injuries so it's in your interest to quickly overwhelm them and restore order.

My current (4th/5th) prison is the best yet. I accepted a few grants at the start for come quick cash and built enough space for 8 prisoners, accepted them and closed the prison. Once all their needs were satisfied, I opened the prison to new inmates. This cycle is working quite well, I've been profitable for 90% of the time and with the license plates and a 4 hour work shift, the place get ~60% cleaned (I have 1 full time janitor also), everybody gets clean clothes and I make about $1000 in license plates.

There were some escape attempts early on, but no one got away and solitary had a queue.

How do you close the prison? Seems like the best way to get everything done in terms of planning and construction.
    My most recent prison had the potential to be my best one yet, spent about an hour planning it, when the prisoners were arriving the construction was still going on but i had a holding cell set up for them. Everything was going to plan except i had neglected to put in doors, 4 escapees one in solitary confinement and another prisoner unconscious at the side of the road after some vicious police brutality.

How do you close the prison? Seems like the best way to get everything done in terms of planning and construction.
    My most recent prison had the potential to be my best one yet, spent about an hour planning it, when the prisoners were arriving the construction was still going on but i had a holding cell set up for them. Everything was going to plan except i had neglected to put in doors, 4 escapees one in solitary confinement and another prisoner unconscious at the side of the road after some vicious police brutality.
    DaLad wrote: »
    You can open your 'Reports' book down bottom right corner. Click on the 'Prisoners' tab and click on the green part beside 'normal risk' that says 'Open' it will change to 'Closed' and turn red. Then you can build for as long as you want! :D :P

That's how ^ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Yeah my prison was going great up until that point. I had a 20 man work shop that was making 10 grand a day on making licence plates. The problem was removing the pipes and wires all at once. That, along with the riot halted any production in the prison.

See the main reason why I had to strip the wiring and the pipes was because I had outgrown my one power plant. There was no more room for anymore capacitors. When I stuck down the second powerplant, my prisons power system just went down. Couldn't get it back online. So I had to remove the cables.

When I did that I manged to get the second powerplant working with the first. That's when the riot broke out. Bought 3 extra guards to try and put the prisoners back in their place.

Then it all sort of came to an end for that prison when the flashing power and water icons around the prison, along with the rioting and healing of prison guards completely lagged my computer down to an unplayable mess. :P

Ohh... and the big giant red letters spelling out "RIOT" in the top middle of the screen didn't help either!

Note to self... don't bite off more than you can chew. Ohh ... and don't poke the prisoners. They get angry fast!

So looking forward to the introduction of riot guards come the next patch. Maybe they'll throw in guard dogs too :P

EDIT: Another thing I learned quite early in. Do not build foundation that exceeds your budget. While it seems great that you can go over your budget when applying foundation, you're going to have to wait quite a while until you can purchase objects.

Alright guys I've started a separate discussion thread for all of us Prison Architect addicts: Prison Architect Discussion :D

Advertisement