Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Thud wrote: »

Article says sugar is fattening but says fat is not anymore fattening than carbs ? Article only compares low carb diets to low fat diets . What about a balanced diet? Some good info in there but there is also some rubbish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

dor843088 wrote: »
    Article says sugar is fattening but says fat is not anymore fattening than carbs ? Article only compares low carb diets to low fat diets . What about a balanced diet? Some good info in there but there is also some rubbish.

It says sugar increases insulin resistance and fat doesn't

bluewolf wrote: »
    It says sugar increases insulin resistance and fat doesn't

It says in several places that sugar consumption is linked with obesity but then says further down fat is as fattening as carbs. For someone to even say any particular macro is fattening or not fattening just goes to show they haven't even a basic understanding of nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

High sugar consumption...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I think the most important thing to learn here is that those fcuking bumps on your upper arms disappear if you stop eating wheat :eek::eek::eek:
    The ones no exfoliating or moiturising or anything will ever get rid of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I think the most important thing to learn here is that those fcuking bumps on your upper arms disappear if you stop eating wheat :eek::eek::eek:

Goosebumps? ;)

Goosebumps? ;)

:pac:

I think the proper name is kerastosis pilaris

Davei141 wrote: »
    High sugar consumption...

High sugar=obesity . High fat=weight loss . Got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Dor843088 = Troll or just thick?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

JJayoo wrote: »
    1466035_10200368921264246_686094563_n.jpg

That was actually a joke by a self-deprecating vegan.

http://teamcoco.com/video/myq-kaplan-wwjd

That didn't work for me unfortunately. What did work was increasing my consumption of retinol rich foods (animal form of vitamin A), apparently celtic people have a gene that means trouble converting beta-carotene (the plant form of A) into retinol.

If you don't want to eat liver, retina A skin cream seems to work too (expensive though!)

• Advertisement

Guess im a thick for agreeing with the stickies .

And get a haircut.

I actually really need one.

That was actually a joke by a self-deprecating vegan.

http://teamcoco.com/video/myq-kaplan-wwjd

That didn't work for me unfortunately. What did work was increasing my consumption of retinol rich foods (animal form of vitamin A), apparently celtic people have a gene that means trouble converting beta-carotene (the plant form of A) into retinol.

If you don't want to eat liver, retina A skin cream seems to work too (expensive though!)

Oh that's a shame
    It does seem to have worked for me, friend mentioned it happened to her and I only started rubbing my arms to investigate last night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I'm thinking about going vegan.
    Right after I eat all this....

Muscovy duck I killed Thursday, leg of venison shot a few months back and a boring store bought steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Muscovy duck I killed Thursday, leg of venison shot a few months back and a boring store bought steak.

How mundane must it be to buy steak when you're used to catching and killing your own food.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Has anyone checked out Chris Kresser's new book, ''Your Personal Paleo Code''? I often hear good things about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Essien wrote: »
    How mundane must it be to buy steak when you're used to catching and killing your own food.

It is a bit, I might sneak up on the steaks next time and pounce on one before wrestling it to the ground and making a snap sound.

I'm thinking about going vegan.
    Right after I eat all this....

I'm inspired! There are some swans nearby. I'm going to find out what they taste like fried, roasted and grilled.

http://www.donedeal.ie/gym-for-sale/new-body-new-you/6211751

"The best products you can buy to reach you goal if it's to put on weight or loose massive weight fast ????

My weight loss products

To loose

1 stone is 80euro

2 stone 130euro

3 stone 160euro

4 stone 180euro

Anything over can me please ?

My tablets are extremely good and work fast that is very they so expensive to others ?

Bulking products

Want to put on lean muscle to bulk muscle

We have everything to give you lean slim muscle look to bulk muscle look products from 50euro to 120euro you'll see huge difference ?

Please if your taking any medication text me what it is for thanks

Free delivery"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Such Ad, much sale, very success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Left the gym at 9:30am on the first Monday in January...literally the quietest I've seen it in ages. Facebook is full of liars. :)

Essien wrote: »
    Left the gym at 9:30am on the first Monday in January...literally the quietest I've seen it in ages. Facebook is full of liars. :)

Really? Damn I was thinking monday in january would be busy
    Tomorrow so

Really? Damn I was thinking monday in january would be busy
    Tomorrow so

Probably jammed this evening. The New Years resolutions have already been put on hold until today and it's the first day back of work for a lot of people who don't want to heap more misery on themselves by going to the gym first thing.

Probably jammed this evening. The New Years resolutions have already been put on hold until today and it's the first day back of work for a lot of people who don't want to heap more misery on themselves by going to the gym first thing.

Yeah I never go in the evening, lovely first thing in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Gym was definitely a bit busier yesterday evening and this morning. Hopefully it will peter out soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Raw was dead when I was there last week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Had the entire gym to myself yesterday evening. All the grunting and shouting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Still can't train...competition in 4 weeks...stupid stupid stupid SI joint :'(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Tried this this morning

ke9o4m.jpg

It tastes like what I imagine a fat mans sweaty foot would task like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement