Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

So what caches are we supposed to be saving?

Exotic and weekly?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Daily caches give 25 div tech and weekly and UG give 100.
    I had 700+ div tech this weekend and then read your comments on the tactician and plowed it all into that. Still can't get it to work. I have a terrible holster which had FA and Stam around 1300 and no spare.
    Just read the 6th piece of classified Firecrest now gives you immunity from your own fire. Dammit I need to build that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

May as well post up the main points from the 22/02 SotG:
    • New Classified Caches
      • During Global Events – Targeted classified gear set caches will be available. Each event will have 4 caches available for purchase containing the event’s corresponding sets.
      • Off season – A classified cache will be available for purchase, containing a guaranteed classified drop. It will be priced at 2500 phoenix credits and will not be limited to Global Events.
    • Classified drop rates will be increased across the board to 6% (from 3%).
    • Legendary missions will have a 20% chance of classified drops.
    • Season Pass supply drops will have a 10% chance to drop a classified gear piece and will in addition contain 100 Division tech.
    • Weekly assignments rewards will include 100 Division tech.
    • Daily assignments rewards will include 25 Division tech.
    • All vendor exotics will be removed from the loot pool.
    • All non-vendor exotics will be added to the open world boss loot pool.
    • Resistance bosses will reward 100 Global Event tokens each.
    Other few items of note coming in update 1.8.1

And the latest 29/02 SotG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

skerry wrote: »
    Cool, I've been dropping down to WT2 trying to level my brother up a bit so will see if any good rolls drop then. Might try craft a few more AR's from my 256 AK blueprint and get the roll I want, reckon I'll definitely see the benefit. Tactician is great build for leveling someone up with too.

Striker was fun but steamrolling over NPCs gets boring after a while. More fun in building the Tactician and tweaking him I think. And even though you don;t have to engage much, there's still some hairy moments when a shotgunner is getting in your face and your seekers aren't back yet so you gotta get your squishy self out of the way.

Tier 3 should be the sweet spot for a decent at that can get all the talents unlocked. I ran amhersts a few times and got a decent one.

Just don't forget to go back to tier 5, like I did :)
    Sitting there trying to matchmake into Lex wondering why I couldn't get a game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

gimli2112 wrote: »
    @9k stam you get a boost to the bleed, a painful predator doesn't do the insane damage with FA but with stamina and with a lot of crit. Not saying a FA predator can't be good but you're building against it's strength.
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Think its an additional 120% to the bleed once you've 9k stamina

will state before i say this that i now cannot find (or really remember if i am looking in the right place) the thread where i read this. i'm pretty sure it was reddit.

but from what i recall the guy(girl) did some testing with 9k versus without, and came to the conclusion the extra bleed was just a bonus for those that wanted to run really tanky, and was still less than what you would have if you lodged into firearms versus stamina, and not by a small amount.

now it may have been on overall damage including bleed versus just the bleed itself. so for PVP the 9k is likely better as the bleed is more important, but for pve the overall damage is way more important.

i'm probably wrong, in any case i've never liked being super tanky and much prefer shorter TTK so probably better to ignore this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Daily caches give 25 div tech and weekly and UG give 100.
    I had 700+ div tech this weekend and then read your comments on the tactician and plowed it all into that. Still can't get it to work. I have a terrible holster which had FA and Stam around 1300 and no spare.
    Just read the 6th piece of classified Firecrest now gives you immunity from your own fire. Dammit I need to build that now.

Have the 6 piece in the stash so might throw a build together at the weekend. Have Urban MDR too I think. Looked up a few YouTube videos there, looks like a fun build.

Not sure how it would work in a team though, presume other team members are affected by your fire so could end up wrecking heads in close quarters levels.

so, GE's are over. and this is how i finished up. the 1 just means i have at least 1, for most of them it's several, i've some serious cleaning up to do. deadeye and firecrest are the biggest gaps, the others i don't care about, would like to have tried a high firearms DE and a high elec firearms with the MDR. ah well, can't win them all
    div%20gear_zpsear0sbq8.png

yeah my stash is now at around 145/150, all four characters have 70+ items. I've a ton of junk I'll never use but after they changed the ninja bike back pack into something useful I'm afraid to throw anything away. Have M44s I've never used but can't bring myself to throw them out as they've got decent perks.

I lined up all my firecrest items last week to do a build but then I was like nah I just can't be arsed right now. Plus I'll probably just use it once and then never again :pac:

once you get a build optimised though and run it a few times it can get old pretty fast, especially when you;ve been playing since the start. 6 piece classified strikers/nomad were fine for farming the GE but about the only variety left in the game is messing around with different builds to find new ways to kill things.

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    about the only variety left in the game is messing around with different builds to find new ways to kill things.

Yeah but classified gear sort of ruined that too. Plus as you say once you've tried all the sets it all gets a little boring. PvP used to be the spice of life for me but classified has ruined that too. I might go for the skirmish commendations maybe. Rogue hunting will always be somewhat entertaining too.

Right now I love surprising people with my Tac build. Joined an underground over tea break and just nuked stuff all round. Got to the end and bombed the final mob in one shot while my seekers finished the boss. The other 3 guys just stood around and looked at me.

Played legendary napalm recently with a German and some Dublin lad who couldn't believe what they were seeing either. They asked me to explain the build but I don't think they could grasp it.

If ye're badly stuck for Exotic Caches while waiting for the 1.8.1 update ye could always hit up this lad on Ebay. For a mere $20 he will walk you through a Legendary mission for a guaranteed Exotic :D

This is for Tom Clancy's The Division on PC.
    Players must be level 30 and have completed the General Assembly mission.
    You may pay $10 more to have priority over other runs.
    I can provide any Division related service you can imagine, just contact me.

This will consist of my team guiding you through one of the three legendary missions of your choice.
    There is Warrengate Powerplant, Napalm Production Site, and Time's Square.
    Completing each of these missions every week results in a guaranteed Exotic Cache from each one once a week.

The only thing worse than getting your 5th Showstopper is having to pay $20 for the privilege.

The world's a big place I'm sure someone could pay it but I'd be surprised. It's quite literally throwing money away for no reason. I'd help for free but at this stage I am prone to rage quitting, which I couldn't do if I was doing this professionally. :)

The world's a big place I'm sure someone could pay it but I'd be surprised. It's quite literally throwing money away for no reason. I'd help for free but at this stage I am prone to rage quitting, which I couldn't do if I was doing this professionally. :)

Promise I wasn't looking for quick ways to get my grubby hands on exotics :D

Googled to see what weekly legendary is and this popped up. He and his crack team will also guide you through 10 waves of Resistance for the same price. God help us all

10 waves of Resistance for the same price.

A whole 10 waves?! Wow.

I wonder does he keep $10 and give $5 to the other lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The big question though is does he guarantee to save Ramos?

Had a quick game there before the little one arrived home and tried to solo Times Square on Legendary.

Got to near the end where you had to defend area after putting in the fuse and died there cos I'm not too familiar with the spawn points. Put me wayyy back then after I died, didn't realise the checkpoints are so crap on Legendary and didn't have time to go through enemy waves again.

Any tips on where best to position my tactician after I plug in the fuse to put distance between myself and enemies?

Had a quick game there before the little one arrived home and tried to solo Times Square on Legendary.

Got to near the end where you had to defend area after putting in the fuse and died there cos I'm not too familiar with the spawn points. Put me wayyy back then after I died, didn't realise the checkpoints are so crap on Legendary and didn't have time to go through enemy waves again.

Any tips on where best to position my tactician after I plug in the fuse to put distance between myself and enemies?

There's a scaffold to the left of the van where the 4 or 5 enemy jump out of and you have to fight them and a shield moron. It's where one of the snipers shoots at you when you come up from the underground. That's the go to spot each time you trigger a wave, fairly sure they won't climb up the stairs.
    Legendary spawns are horrid but I think there used to be none.

There's a scaffold to the left of the van where the 4 or 5 enemy jump out of and you have to fight them and a shield moron. It's where one of the snipers shoots at you when you come up from the underground. That's the go to spot each time you trigger a wave, fairly sure they won't climb up the stairs.
    Legendary spawns are horrid but I think there used to be none.

So as soon as I trigger the wave head up the scaffolding and camp there?

Wouldn't have minded the spawn so much if I wasn't under time pressure. I've only played it on Legendary once before with Mossym and only other time I played the level was during campaign so no harm doing it again when I have time to learn the spawns a bit more.

Presume that's near the end of level, can't really remember from last time.

yeah it's my safe place when things start going to shi*, legendaries can be tough as generally you're specced for damage to elites, there's purples and the enemy hits quite hard

• Advertisement

As Tac, I find Times Square the hardest.

Rob2D wrote: »
    As Tac, I find Times Square the hardest.

Any recommendations on a handier one for solo Tac?

First part takes the longest. Have to draw the shotgunners out and then I was just laying turrets and legging down the stairs in the next bit.

Any recommendations on a handier one for solo Tac?

First part takes the longest. Have to draw the shotgunners out and then I was just laying turrets and legging down the stairs in the next bit.

Funny enough I thought Napalm was a breeze.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/644763/The+Division+devs+are+working+on+a+Battle+Royale+game/?sid=26d2a79bde82776ade13aee4146ff5f3

Only a rumour right now but with most of the requirements already in place, this could be implemented pretty easily. Survival PvP could be considered similar already except there is a fixed exctraction zone (circle) and changing this to random extraction zones and allowing only 1 then they could pretty much have this ready to go in no time.

This could launch as a Div 1 add-on, Div 2 add-on or a standalone game that they give out for free or charge for, whichever way or at all, it's bright things on the horizon and busy days over at Massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

They'd need to sort the sniping out for a battle royal type game, cant hit targets that are about 100m away, bullets don't travel far enough.

I always wanted a division game mode where one headshot kills, bring back the cover based shooter aspect of the game.

1 shot kill...sounds great but I think it would make it a campy mess, still some people like that style but I'd say most wouldn't.

What's wrong with 100m max engagement distance seeing as it's already cover based. The think that would worry me the most would be veterans on the existing map as a lot would know every nook and cranny and that could deter new adopters.

I only picked up the game in January and just started playing Survival, great game mode but I cannot tackle the PvP version as my map knowledge is far below people who have played this game since launch. I would much prefer random spawn locations for the items and collectibles and not fixed like they now are, that could level the playing field to some degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

It's a cover based shooter for pve but not PvP.
    100m max distance for snipers doesn't make sense, if I can see I player I should be able to shot him regardless of distance.

One shot kill for a battle royal style game, can't see it working if I have to use 5 magazines, a shock turret and few med kits to kill someone, while another player watches and waits to pick off the winner

Never really got into survival, but I agree with you about loot spawning, I have been playing the game since just after launch and I've no idea where div tech is.
    Think I'll give pve survival a run tonight for a little change.

It's taking me about 1.5 hours for a succesful survival extraction so it ain't for those seeking loot but what a fantastic game mode, even in PvE it is quite tense especially when you're up against a hunter but even the veterans can catch you out if you happen to run into them by accident.

If the item spawns were random I'd be all over the PvP mode, it something I really hope they introduce if something like this comes back in Div 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

They should up the rewards on survival, to get more people playing it.

On another note, the DZ has become a lot more enjoyable ever since I got nomad and the house. I can finally take on those bastard rogues!

• Advertisement

Other than being complete d!cks, is there any other reason a group would kick you at the very end of a mission. Finished Napalm Production Site on Legendary with a team I had just done a mission with previously. Got to the end where you have to escape building and got kicked from group. Did more than my share of the work so not sure why those evil Xboxers would do that to me.

Had my first experience of a rogue agent stealing my extraction in the DZ too, got creamed, probably not a good idea to go into the DZ with a Tactician :(

Advertisement