Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

skerry wrote: »
    Other than being complete d!cks, is there any other reason a group would kick you at the very end of a mission. Finished Napalm Production Site on Legendary with a team I had just done a mission with previously. Got to the end where you have to escape building and got kicked from group. Did more than my share of the work so not sure why those evil Xboxers would do that to me.

Had my first experience of a rogue agent stealing my extraction in the DZ too, got creamed, probably not a good idea to go into the DZ with a Tactician :(

So they could invite a friend in your place to get the rewards. Oldest trick in the book.

I only use my Tac for the DZ recently. It's great for just chilling out. But yeah, if a group run up on you it's over.

I think last week I hooked on a full bag of caches only to notice the rogues activate and close in. They waited. And the worst thing was they didn't even want the stuff. I could hear them. They just wanted the rope cut and manhunt. Others showed up to fight them almost immediately, so in the end I don't think anybody got my stuff.

Anyway, I respawned, threw on my PvP gear, chased them through 3 zones and murdered every single one of them :pac: They weren't getting any manhunt points at my expense that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Rob2D wrote: »
    So they could invite a friend in your place to get the rewards. Oldest trick in the book.

I only use my Tac for the DZ recently. It's great for just chilling out. But yeah, if a group run up on you it's over.

I think last week I hooked on a full bag of caches only to notice the rogues activate and close in. They waited. And the worst thing was they didn't even want the stuff. I could hear them. They just wanted the rope cut and manhunt. Others showed up to fight them almost immediately, so in the end I don't think anybody got my stuff.

Anyway, I respawned, threw on my PvP gear, chased them through 3 zones and murdered every single one of them :pac: They weren't getting any manhunt points at my expense that's for sure.

I was thinking that after it happened alright. Sh!tty form and a bit ridiculous that Devs don't have something in place to stop that happening right at the end cos it's obviously going to be exploited. Can take long enough to get through some Legendary missions without having to worry about that happening. I'm going to comfort myself by thinking that it was yet another Showstopper :)

So, if you leg it back to where you were killed by Rogue then there's a chance you might catch up with them? I was considering throwing on my 6pc Striker set and pegging back for some revenge.

So, if you leg it back to where you were killed by Rogue then there's a chance you might catch up with them? I was considering throwing on my 6pc Striker set and pegging back for some revenge.

Best is to check what direction they're running and fast travel to a checkpoint ahead of them and cut them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Update day. Who's excited? I'm excited. Are you excited? Who's excited?

Downloading now. Gonna hop on at lunch break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Downloading now on xbox one x. I wonder what will the patch do for X. Still no 4k tv though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Update day. Who's excited? I'm excited. Are you excited? Who's excited?

Man I'm hungover, working from home and you remind me of this? Must.not.succumb.

Server should be online around midday I guess???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

looking forward to thie one x enhancements on the 4k projector , i've seen what it's like in 1440p on a pc monitor and it's a big step up, so wondering how close this will come.

have a stack of caches saved up to open, not sure why really as there isn't really anything i'm looking for.

just opened a supply drop and got 100 div tech, the grind is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So finally gave patch a wee go. I dont know if it placebo effect, but even on my 1080p it looks better with xbox one x after patch.
    Decided to go and do world bosses as it will show off changes best. On my Fourth boss I got exotic drop. Kind of chuckled, then came closer and sow House... I **** you not. It came with Sustained and accuracy mods. Rerolled accuracy for predatory.
    From left over chests, I got Deadeye classy backpack that I needed and one of the world bosses dropped classy D3 backpack that I needed too.

I have bullfrog and House now. I wonder whats better and do I change my AR skills to Smg skills.

conventional wisdom suggests whatever gun damage your gloves have rolled you go with two of those. I do it sometimes but like to have a mid distance and close quarters combo.
    Is sustained any good? If it is you may be better off with a damage talent. Still nice on the House. It's third perk means you can't really get a bad one but it's nice when they roll good.
    Bullfrog and House are both very good imo.

An embarrassment of Div Tech. My god.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

mossym wrote: »
    looking forward to thie one x enhancements on the 4k projector

The Division in 4k is glorious *

(* PC Master-Race-side anyway :D )

Did boss run with brother last night and got 2 exotics each and I got the 6th piece of my Predators Mark set that I had previously dismantled so happy with that for a nights work :) Must try get that build together now if only to use up some of my vast store of mods.

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    The Division in 4k is glorious *

(* PC Master-Race-side anyway :D )

i have it on pc as well :)

can even use teh projector for 4k gaming from the pc. even with the patch the xbox doesn't come close

Put my Firecrest build together last night and have to say, its a fun build.

Did Broadway Emporium daily and it was a funny choice of mission for him. Cleaners running out of doors shouting 'your gonna burn' only to be met with a flame turret of doom and then being told the building is on fire and go turn on the sprinklers :D

Have him around 9 k electronics and run him with seekers too. Need a few more Skill Power and Turret Damage mods but his turret still melts as it is.

I've been using a pulse turret and seekers on a tac build recently and it's changed things up a bit. They're things I never use.

New Legendary missions have been tough enough but really down to stupid mistakes by me and teammates. On Ameryst the other day we cleared a wave I sprinted ahead, turned a corner and ran right into another wave of shotgunners. Bedlam ensued.

Yesterday on the Tunnel one at the last wave I camped in a tower, two guys went down and we got swarmed, should have stayed down with the rest of them.

Most of the time though it's because teammates have been eejits.

Put my Firecrest build together last night and have to say, its a fun build.

Did Broadway Emporium daily and it was a funny choice of mission for him. Cleaners running out of doors shouting 'your gonna burn' only to be met with a flame turret of doom and then being told the building is on fire and go turn on the sprinklers :D

Have him around 9 k electronics and run him with seekers too. Need a few more Skill Power and Turret Damage mods but his turret still melts as it is.

as we were discussing i always thought that would be a fun build.

so after my 7 exotics in 10 world bosses run on the xbox with you sunday night i ran both my characters on the pc last night, 20 bosses. 40 gold. no green. no exotics. my ststs seem to be balancing out across two different platforms somehow

i did spend ages messing around in the dark zone. did a cheeky "while the guy is battling the dz supply drop boss run in and take the chest" and it dropped 4 pieces one of which was a classified piece for me. that's the only classified i saw.

my experience of the new patch is miles apart on the two different platforms

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've been using a pulse turret and seekers on a tac build recently and it's changed things up a bit. They're things I never use.

New Legendary missions have been tough enough but really down to stupid mistakes by me and teammates. On Ameryst the other day we cleared a wave I sprinted ahead, turned a corner and ran right into another wave of shotgunners. Bedlam ensued.

Yesterday on the Tunnel one at the last wave I camped in a tower, two guys went down and we got swarmed, should have stayed down with the rest of them.

Most of the time though it's because teammates have been eejits.

Did Ameryst Sunday night with Mossym and a few others and its a bit of a slog. Pretty sure we did something similar.

Would like to see how useful Firecrest would be on a Legendary, should be good for getting through the guys with ballistic shields.

Using Urban MDR too, nice little pop off it and does good damage on burning dudes

• Advertisement

Urban MDR would work real well with a firecrest build. The legendary missions aren't too bad it's just I've been taking unnecessary risks/unsure of where to set up which has been a disaster.
    It's hard to commit to them when you can get 25 div tech from a daily cache now. In saying that I've realised I need a decent FA Devil for my dead eye build. The one I have has competent in the unrollable slot.

as we were discussing i always thought that would be a fun build.

so after my 7 exotics in 10 world bosses run on the xbox with you sunday night i ran both my characters on the pc last night, 20 bosses. 40 gold. no green. no exotics. my ststs seem to be balancing out across two different platforms somehow

i did spend ages messing around in the dark zone. did a cheeky "while the guy is battling the dz supply drop boss run in and take the chest" and it dropped 4 pieces one of which was a classified piece for me. that's the only classified i saw.

my experience of the new patch is miles apart on the two different platforms

Its very hit and miss alright. Brother and myself got 4 exotics in a run last week and did it again last night with 3 of us and got one. Then there was the exotic extravaganza (for you anyway) that was Monday nights run.

I have picked up a few classified bits too and think I nearly have a full D3-FNC set now so hopefully by weekend I'll have another build to be playing with.

I haven't been on in the last week or so. Solo'd the two new legendary and left it at that.

Amherst is easy mode but grand central is an awful slog. The amount of EDR they gave the legendary hunter is stupid. Sticky bomb to the face does nothing.

Rob2D wrote: »
    I haven't been on in the last week or so. Solo'd the two new legendary and left it at that.

Amherst is easy mode but grand central is an awful slog. The amount of EDR they gave the legendary hunter is stupid. Sticky bomb to the face does nothing.

Hunter at end of Amherst took about a million rounds to put him down too. 4 of us spraying him and he was just dancing around the gaff like Michael Flatley.

Nice max Turret Damage mod in Dante's Run so must pick up a few of them later to add more meltiness to my flame turret.

it might not be much harder on solo, they scale the stamina/hit of the NPCs for group size so for a solo player they are a lot easier to take down. must give it a run solo.

does the hunter drop an exotic every time, or just once a week?the cache is once a week, but not sure on the hunter drop

What's ye're approach with gear mods and inventory space lads? I'm overflowing with mods and need space. Half tempted to just buy a few of any good mods that pop up from vendors and delete some of the less good ones.

I'm the same with weapon mods. I've equipped them to any guns I can but then I'm in the situation where if I breakdown a gun I have to find space for the mods (or delete them)

put any mods into equipment and you free up space but it looks like you already do that. I have loads I'll probably never use. It's just so difficult to throw away those 267 All Resistance mods. I'll go on a ruthless culling spree soon, I'm the same with guns although I've gotten past the I need at least one of each phase.
    You can start a new character, I think once you get it to level 4, you can use as a free stash.

Yes, make 3 new characters and head to the BoO. Then equip the survivor backpack which has extra space. Now you have 3 pack-horses.

you can probably delete most of them. keep 4 of each of the performance mods for the skills you use most. load up the guns, delete the rest. you'll likely put them on backup characters and never go back. same with stam/firearms and elec mods. loadouts will let you change around really quickly

that's mods, using the mules for gearsets and guys probably makes more sense

• Advertisement

you can probably delete most of them. keep 4 of each of the performance mods for the skills you use most. load up the guns, delete the rest. you'll likely put them on backup characters and never go back. same with stam/firearms and elec mods. loadouts will let you change around really quickly

that's mods, using the mules for gearsets and guys probably makes more sense

This video seems to make sense to me as to whats worth keeping and whats not so gonna clean out the gear mod stash later and only keep the good stuff. I reckon I've some amount of sh!te in there

Might set up a couple of alts and get them to BoO for extra space then. With 6 pieces of each classified set, not to mention guns its no wonder inventory is such a pain in the hole in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExPue14-rzs&feature=youtu.be

Advertisement