Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

best way to rank up GS from 200 is probably do an LZ boss run. There's maps and routes on youtube. HGV events which you get from the Base drop shed loads of gear too. The harder ones maybe a bit much but there all soloable pretty easy once you rank up.

With all these GEs I'll need to remember to take steady hands off and put on the move back on my characters, stupid multiple GEs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Are these stupid events ever going to end?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

I was kind of glad to see the back of them Sunday now but seeing as their on all week I may aswell save up my credits and see can I get the last piece of my Nomad and Predators sets.

Managed to pox the 6th piece of my classified Banshee set from a bonus item from a Field cache there. Probably not a set I'll really use but at least thats that one finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wanted a small wee distraction from Monster hunter so fired up good old division. Did two Lexington runs and hust said nope. Tired of this GE stuff.
    So went did world bosses and then decided to go and see Dark zone on GE event. Cannot be bothered with GE stuff.
    Ended going through landmarks, killing everything, randomly going to extract crap I got, which was hilarious. Helly was already called out, but couldn't see anyone, so I just hid until 15 seconds. By the time I ran up to rope, 3 more players jumped out of random spots and droped their stuff on the rope. There was that awkward moment where all of us just froze and didn't know what to do lol. Gladly we all were gentleman and nothing happened, but wearing brown pants was excellent choice for all involved. :D
    Then went to do random landmarks again, when I stumbled on a fella fighting 4 rogues. I joined in to give a hand, but clearly he didn't need it as he wiped floors with them. I will still take some credit. :D
    After that I finished my session. Had an absolute blast. I went in to it just to mess around and did not care if I will come out with anything. Ended up with a chunk of ge credits, firecrest classified holster that I actually needed and a smile on my face. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

That hockey mask commendation takes forever. I've been doing Russian Consulate on hard solo. Any faster ways to rack up LMB kills?

you probably only need to do missions on hard Russian Consulate and Queen's Tunnel. I didn't find it bad and got it without grinding. The one where you had to kill the boss 150 I thought was worse and some of them I've just thought nah-ah

gimli2112 wrote: »
    you probably only need to do missions on hard Russian Consulate and Queen's Tunnel. I didn't find it bad and got it without grinding. The one where you had to kill the boss 150 I thought was worse and some of them I've just thought nah-ah

I've just taken to starting Consulate on hard and clearing the first 2 rooms, rinse and repeat.

Up to 420 so a half hour should get it finished. Pity it's in Assault GE cos it's probably the best GE for steam rolling through Lexington and racking up credits.

I wish they would ditch the whole 1/4 stage thing they do with commendations though and just straight out tell you how many million npcs you have to cream to get that covered thing you'll probably never use once you have it :)

April 12th is patch 1.8.1. The end of the beginning of the end or something like that, certainly removes a lot of grind but everyone should have everything they want by then or shortly thereafter.

• Advertisement

Finished Predators mark set anyway. Is it more of a PVP set? Haven't even started to look into builds yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I need a chest piece to finish that, the 6th piece perk is interesting anyway.

Got my striker set finished (Finally) on Wednesday night I think it was, that's a fun set to use.

skerry wrote: »
    Finished Predators mark set anyway. Is it more of a PVP set? Haven't even started to look into builds yet.

It works well in both. It's not as strong as striker in pvp but can do serious damage. Get it to 9K stamina and put crit chance and damage on EVERYTHING. You need to run the perk that infects groups of enemies with bleed - shrapnel.I see people say the MDR works well with it because of it's exotic perk but I prefer full auto and something that fires fast (mp7/famas) but the fire fast is not essential

Still trying to finish Nomad set, 3 out of 5 caches today contained standard gear set pieces.....spare me. :(

when you set up the nomad right, you're just the boss :)

when you set up the nomad right, you're just the boss :)

But I'm a set of knee pads away from being the boss :(

And after finally getting my Predator holster it looks like I've accidentally dismantled the mask cos it's nowhere to be found in the stash.

It hasn't been a good GE for Skerry

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

why on earth would you put 9k stamina on a pred mark build. it's benefit is making victims build for a % of the damage you hit them with. so to make it any way effective you have to be hitting them as hard as possible so that the additional bleed is maxed out.

there isn't need to put 9k stamina on any of the builds, let alone one that works better the more damage you deal.

@9k stam you get a boost to the bleed, a painful predator doesn't do the insane damage with FA but with stamina and with a lot of crit. Not saying a FA predator can't be good but you're building against it's strength.

Think its an additional 120% to the bleed once you've 9k stamina

I'm pre-empting the disappointment of not getting the final 2 pieces of the Tactician set and did a bit of research on Tactician Builds and from the sound of it you can make a perfectly good Tactician with 4 piece, Barrets chest and Inventive or Relentless backpack.

Made a build kind of following the below link. Only gave it a very quick run on Lex and probably not the best place to test it on a GE. Used Seekers and Pulse Turret but didn't seem to be getting skill back as quick as I could given how squishy I was.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/7pwk80/tacticians_authority_a_guide_to_getting_the_most/

Any tips or links to other guides on making a good Tactician without the 6 piece or is the 6 piece the only way I should be going?

• Advertisement

6 piece tactician is pants, the 6th perk is confusing, it's been explained to me, it's still confusing but I know enough to know that I know it's not good. Have tactician on my electronics build but it goes the way of firecrest #notareclaimer

6 piece tactician is pants, the 6th perk is confusing, it's been explained to me, it's still confusing but I know enough to know that I know it's not good. Have tactician on my electronics build but it goes the way of firecrest #notareclaimer

Tried him again there, just did Lexington solo on hard. I reckon I fired my AR 3 times in the whole run. Seeker mines and turrets just cleared rooms, enjoyed it now. Must try a few challenging runs solo tomorrow now.

skerry wrote: »
    from the sound of it you can make a perfectly good Tactician with 4 piece, Barrets chest and Inventive or Relentless backpack.

You sure can. In fact it's better to go that way if you are looking to use it as a quality build. Tone down the electronics a bit and the barrets helps with the loss. In fact you can make an absolutely incredible all-round build this way. Second maybe only to an electronic nomad for solo play where you actually want to be doing stuff.

But of course for full on god mode Tactician it's 5 piece + inventive. But that alone isn't enough. You still need the perfect rolls, mods and guns to make it work.

Rob2D wrote: »
    You sure can. In fact it's better to go that way if you are looking to use it as a quality build. Tone down the electronics a bit and the barrets helps with the loss. In fact you can make an absolutely incredible all-round build this way. Second maybe only to an electronic nomad for solo play where you actually want to be doing stuff.

But of course for full on god mode Tactician it's 5 piece + inventive. But that alone isn't enough. You still need the perfect rolls, mods and guns to make it work.

Cheers, ran Lex on Challenging solo there and its dead easy unless you go rushing things. Only realised after that I still had some mod slots free so I filled them and have Skill Haste up to 46% now and running at just over 9k electronics.

Running 2 AR's with Destructive and Ferocious on one which I believe transfer to extra Seeker mine damage on elites and I have Talented and Destructive on the other (Deadly is 3rd talent but don't have firearms for it so need a roll with Predatory I think).

Bit of switching between weapons to get most out of talents but really enjoying the build so far.

Any super good mods I should be looking out for or recommended talents for weapons that will give good synergy with the build? Mainly run cluster seekers and bullet turret and switch to BFB when groups of enemies are close together

204 ish gs AR is handy so all the talents are unlocked, which transfer into the seekers.

I'm using the 4 piece with inventive chest and relentless backpack and find it grand. Can be squishy is you run in head first but using cover is generally advisable anyway

Tazzimus wrote: »
    204 ish gs AR is handy so all the talents are unlocked, which transfer into the seekers.

Mandatory even. Best thing is to craft your old Liberator blueprint until you get the god roll. I have ferocious, destructive and predatory. Then an MDR with competent and talented for when I actually need to do a bit of damage. And don't forget a coolheaded pistol.

No tactician worth his salt should ever have a gear score of greater than 270 IMO.

I think predatory is perfectly fine for healing. It's like sitting in a healing station. I wouldn't give up inventive for relentless but that's just me.

Get to 50% skill haste, roll enemy armour damage and damage to elites everywhere, dump the rest into skill power with seeker mods and you're away.

and don't forget those 2 explosion talents you can pick as well.

Tazzimus wrote: »

I'm using the 4 piece with inventive chest and relentless backpack and find it grand. Can be squishy is you run in head first but using cover is generally advisable anyway

Using Barrets chestpiece now myself. Is there an advantage using Inventive, picked up one earlier but didn't get time to check what it did to the build.

Not much running in head first now with this guy which took some getting used to after using Striker for a few weeks. Seeker mines FTW though.

Mandatory even. Best thing is to craft your old Liberator blueprint until you get the god roll. I have ferocious, destructive and predatory. Then an MDR with competent and talented for when I actually need to do a bit of damage. And don't forget a coolheaded pistol.

No tactician worth his salt should ever have a gear score of greater than 270 IMO.

I think predatory is perfectly fine for healing. It's like sitting in a healing station. I wouldn't give up inventive for relentless but that's just me.

Get to 50% skill haste, roll enemy armour damage and damage to elites everywhere, dump the rest into skill power with seeker mods and you're away.

and don't forget those 2 explosion talents you can pick as well.

My lad is sitting around 270 now.

I had to do a bit of googling last night to find out why a 204 AR was needed. I was thinking that intentionally getting something with a lower gear score goes against everything I've learned :)

Build I went with is also using 256 AR with Talented , Competent and Deadly. Must have crafter 50 256 AR's last night and that was the best I could come up with. Was hoping for Destructive or Predatory in third slot.

Get the extra skill power if I switch to 256 AR with Talented after laying seekers and its working well so far.

Camp Clinton vendor has a Liberator with Competent, Destructive and Focused so might see if I can pick that up.

Where do you get Exotic Blueprints? I haven't came across any yet.

Yeah it's an age old trick. Weapon talents don't apply to the gun, they apply to YOU.

Oh yeah, you can't buy named blueprints anymore.

Only thing you can do is drop down a couple world tiers and see if you can get a decent AR drop.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's an age old trick. Weapon talents don't apply to the gun, they apply to YOU.

Oh yeah, you can't buy named blueprints anymore.

Only thing you can do is drop down a couple world tiers and see if you can get a decent AR drop.

Cool, I've been dropping down to WT2 trying to level my brother up a bit so will see if any good rolls drop then. Might try craft a few more AR's from my 256 AK blueprint and get the roll I want, reckon I'll definitely see the benefit. Tactician is great build for leveling someone up with too.

Striker was fun but steamrolling over NPCs gets boring after a while. More fun in building the Tactician and tweaking him I think. And even though you don;t have to engage much, there's still some hairy moments when a shotgunner is getting in your face and your seekers aren't back yet so you gotta get your squishy self out of the way.

Advertisement