Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

good video that, well explained, agreed with everything he said. I'll often look at a gear piece that I'm not using and be horrified to find it's got a 234 FA mod with all resistance in it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

The way I finally came to deal with it is, if you're not looking for that particular item right now then don't even look at it. Just deconstruct/sell everything immediately. Don't even look at it because you might be tempted to keep it.

mossym wrote: »
    does the hunter drop an exotic every time, or just once a week?the cache is once a week, but not sure on the hunter drop

Can confirm he drops every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

There's a cheesy method to get past the first part of Amherst's Apartment Legendary for anyone wanting to speed run it for exotic. Basically sticky bomb the healer, run back out the gate and lob seekers over the wall until everyone is dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBrMMJ-9ma0

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

thats ultimate cheese. not sure i'd call it speed runnng though, going to take an age waiting for your skills to come back.

can see some teams trying this and then realizing it'snot working as there is more than 1 healer with a group

• Advertisement

actually the link on the side of that vid has a guy speed running it in 7:42. watch it, he just runs right by the first guys. no need to even wait around to kill them

ah ffs you can run past the first wave? I hate being made look stupid by something so obvious.

mossym wrote: »
    thats ultimate cheese. not sure i'd call it speed runnng though, going to take an age waiting for your skills to come back.

can see some teams trying this and then realizing it'snot working as there is more than 1 healer with a group

Not if you have 10k electronics and skills haste mods out the a $$ :)

Speed run was probably wrong term. He mentioned alright in video there was a way to run past the first mob, might be more feasible.

Did boss run again last night. 2 exotics between 2 of us, a poor outing compared to Sunday's run

being able to get 200+ div tech by doing the daily combat and crafting challenges, via 4 characters, is making me both happy and sad. What used to take several hours now takes 10 minutes.

skerry wrote: »
    Not if you have 10k electronics and skills haste mods out the a $$ :)

Speed run was probably wrong term. He mentioned alright in video there was a way to run past the first mob, might be more feasible.

Down boss rung again last night. 2 exotics between 2 of us, a poor outing compared to Sunday's run

true. you''ll want a more robust loadout stored somewhere for the rest of the level though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,075 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I just managed to do my first solo legendary in Amhersts apartment. Once you know about the ledge to the left of the starting point, it's not that bad. A few close moments, but it's done on only my third attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Spear wrote: »
    I just managed to do my first solo legendary in Amhersts apartment. Once you know about the ledge to the left of the starting point, it's not that bad. A few close moments, but it's done on only my third attempt.

Just did the same. Went down 3-4 times I think at the start, switched back to my Nomad build and then just took it slow and steady. As usual the start is the hardest part (what ledge :confused: ). The end section, bosses and Hunter were a non-event in comparison really.
    I think they did a great job of spawn positions. 3 different times I was finishing off the last of the current wave in what I thought was a pretty decent defendable position and the next wave would flank me immediately. So they put some thought into countering campy bahstahds like me :). Still a lot of work for relatively little loot, but it was fun enough to do.

Another stupid event incoming on Monday. This game has turned into a f***ing circus.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Another stupid event incoming on Monday. This game has turned into a f***ing circus.

Another reason I think Div2 will be out this year. Give everyone the gear they've always wanted and enough div-tech to ramp it up quickly. They're basically putting the game into sandbox mode, and I don't think they're stupid enough to do that without something else to bring back long-term appeal around the corner.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,075 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Just did the same. Went down 3-4 times I think at the start, switched back to my Nomad build and then just took it slow and steady. As usual the start is the hardest part (what ledge :confused: ). The end section, bosses and Hunter were a non-event in comparison really.
    I think they did a great job of spawn positions. 3 different times I was finishing off the last of the current wave in what I thought was a pretty decent defendable position and the next wave would flank me immediately. So they put some thought into countering campy bahstahds like me :). Still a lot of work for relatively little loot, but it was fun enough to do.

Just inside the two pillars at the very start, hop up on the truck bonnet to the left and then up to the ledge.

A few notes about this. The windows aren't modelled quite right, you can't throw nades through them. And be very wary about any of them running into the area behind you. But otherwise you should be able to pick them off easily enough from there.

Also if you want to avoid the hunter while solo, it won't spawn if you die at any point during the second half. This may be effectively obligatory given that even full squads seem to struggle to put it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yes! Brilliant news. Would probably work better as a TV show but will take a film.

Just did Amherst with randoms, I'd say 5 players quit. At the end I had a brit screaming at me to get them all up ,did I know what I was doing? My super was blocked as the eejits had just used theirs. I resisted the urge to leave them and got them revived then danced around the hunter until it was dead.
    It wasn't even that hard.

Just inside the two pillars at the very start, hop up on the truck bonnet to the left and then up to the ledge.

Great, thanks !

For the Hunter/end bosses I took out the forward elements (medic, shotgunners etc.) from ground level and then headed to the very top roof area. I only had one enemy come up behind me on the stairs but always had my turret there for warning anyway. I picked off everything bar the hunter first with my sniper. Then switched to sticky/flash and would pop him in the head every time he was stunned. Took maybe 2 mins to finish him off with ease. That was with an almost fully optimised Nomad 6x, LWM4 and M700 Carbon. It would have been faster if I switched to Hunter's Faith for that part but it was easy enough from up there I wasn't pushed.

Good news for Tacticians!

204 LVOA blueprint, plus awesome electronics skill haste AND power mods on sale this week.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    Good news for Tacticians!

204 LVOA blueprint, plus awesome electronics skill haste AND power mods on sale this week.

The Cavern and DZ-46th for the mods, Camp Clinton for the LVOA.

the way I settled on my tactician was "vigorous", determined & competent on a house and m700 carbon, smg damage on the gloves, 4% turret damage mods, pulse turret and immuniser.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the way I settled on my tactician was "vigorous", determined & competent on a house and m700 carbon, smg damage on the gloves, 4% turret damage mods, pulse turret and immuniser.

Talk about playing it safe! :pac:

The Cavern and DZ-46th for the mods, Camp Clinton for the LVOA.

Can't remember if I had to unlock DZ vendor locations or what but can't seem to see DZ 46th east entrance to get the vendor with skill haste mods. Do I need to do something to unlock that point. It's one corner of the map I haven't paid much attention to

skerry wrote: »
    Can't remember if I had to unlock DZ vendor locations or what but can't seem to see DZ 46th east entrance to get the vendor with skill haste mods. Do I need to do something to unlock that point. It's one corner of the map I haven't paid much attention to

You'll need to visit it in person to unlock it.

You'll need to visit it in person to unlock it.

Ok, I must amble up that direction and try unlock him to get one of those Skill Haste mods. Working on a Reclaimer build and that will be him sorted for mods.

Try to stay clear of DZ these days, seems to be more turds than ever in there. Had about 6 rogues waiting inside the entrance to DZ for me today. I wandered in and was in my inventory and they were there waiting when I unpaused. Nearly got 1 down but with 5 others emptying mags into me it was a lost cause. Utter ar$seholery, they just ran off then. Honestly can't see how people get enjoyment out of wandering around in there in gangs wrecking heads.

you just need to sexboxup, so wanted to say that but seriously, I've been in the dz with friends. There was some graffiti in Mary Street when I was young and all it said was "all you know is wrong"
    bring it

What's the fastest way to get Phoenix credits these days chaps? Putting a Sentry build together and I've ran out of Phoenix credits to roll weapons

heroic dragons nest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You can buy caches for 400,000 that drop credits.

Advertisement