Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

skerry wrote: »
    When exactly do you open matchmaking for this? Is it just before you run into the main room at the end or before Barrett and Co run out of the door at the end when you standing outside?

Just stay well back from everything. Simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

So just hit 30 on Thursday and this is my first event, how do you stop taking damage from an ally do you keep far away from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

When exactly do you open matchmaking for this? Is it just before you run into the main room at the end or before Barrett and Co run out of the door at the end when you standing outside?

Kill everything except Larae Barrett then hide and quickly matchmake, as soon as someone joins kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

So just hit 30 on Thursday and this is my first event, how do you stop taking damage from an ally do you keep far away from them?

condom.jpg

Or yes, keep your distance if the lvl2+ modifiers are on, the base one won't affect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I only got 5 chests and obviously I got feck all. I think I will skip this event this time. A bit burned out.
    At least I earned one of the masks and thats good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have to say, I got a bit burnt out from lex today, said I'd open up a couple of superior caches, standard gear set, not a whiff of a classified, no exotic weapons. My ACR felt very weak today for some reason, was a bit strange.

Doubt I will be getting any classifieds til the April patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Just need one piece for my pred build. After opening 6 caches. Got ONE classified piece.
    Obviously not the one I wanted.
    Screw u RNGesus!

But if any1 needs a Golden Rhino, come see me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Picked up a lot of non-classified sh!te in caches too. Managed to get 4 pieces of Nomad though so would be nice to finish that set.

Got 2 exotics in my last cache though so happy with that after a few with nowt in them ...House and Bliss Holster. First House too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

nearly everything I open is full of classified gear. What talents did you get on the house?
    Got the jungle mask, not sure if I like it.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    nearly everything I open is full of classified gear. What talents did you get on the house?
    Got the jungle mask, not sure if I like it.

Destructive and Responsive on The House....any good? Dropped at low gear score of 265 though, do I have to optimise to raise Gear Score of weapons/ gear?

Haven't tried messing with Optimisation yet. I understand Div Tech is the limiting factor at the moment.

Picked up a nice Lightweight M4 too which I'm still getting used to

Think I'm done with GE's once I this weekend is over.

• Advertisement

Destructive and Responsive on The House....any good? Dropped at low gear score of 265 though, do I have to optimise to raise Gear Score of weapons/ gear?

Haven't tried messing with Optimisation yet. I understand Div Tech is the limiting factor at the moment.

Picked up a nice Lightweight M4 too which I'm still getting used to

Think I'm done with GE's once I this weekend is over.

yeah probably the PvE god roll, keep them. You'll need div tech to optimise it, at least 300 I'd say. Nice.

yeah probably the PvE god roll, keep them. You'll need div tech to optimise it, at least 300 I'd say. Nice.

This is good tidings indeed...on the roll that is....not on the Div Tech...think I have something like 90 :(

Load of exotics got since last night (which is nice)....but all I want is some fricken Nomad Knee pads. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm destined to not get a full set from these GE's.
    Also spent about 30 mins yesterday trying to run Lex on normal strike, but every game I match made into was tactical or pre emptive. Pain in the hoop.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'm destined to not get a full set from these GE's.
    Also spent about 30 mins yesterday trying to run Lex on normal strike, but every game I match made into was tactical or pre emptive. Pain in the hoop.

Looking for one predator piece and one Nomad and all I'm getting is banshee chest pieces

Loads of gowls with tactical and pre-emptive on too...is there some advantage to having all active...its an absolute head melt

they're playing it for commendations, you can play Hudson it's just as quick but doesn't have the modifiers
    got houses 8 and 9. Gave one away to a random. Not a word of thanks.
    Just had a good game of falcon's lost. Every few minutes someone tried to boot a level 279 and I'd decline. They couldn't kick me cos I was doing all the heavy lifting. Third (solo) bomb plant I went down in a real awkward area. Level 279 saved the day

I give up. Must have 7 caches opened today and neither of the 2 pieces I need in any of them. I presume you can get these as drops in normal activities cos I'd rather gouge my eyes out now than do another run of Lexington or anything GE related for that matter.

On the plus side, heaps of exotics.

Keep capping out on Phoenix credits too. Is there something worth spending these on other than recalibrating, I have 23 field caches to open and don't want to open them until I have blown some credits.

you city folk just can't farm.
    I buy mod caches and gear set caches in the Base/Camp Clinton. You can get classifieds from the green caches but it's a long shot.

you city folk just can't farm.
    I buy mod caches and gear set caches in the Base/Camp Clinton. You can get classifieds from the green caches but it's a long shot.

Oh I farmed the absolute bejaysus out of it. If I do anymore farming this weekend I'll be sleeping on the couch :)

Resigned myself to defeat on this one anyway. Have 5 pieces of Banshee, Nomad and Predator but no sign of a sixth for either of them.

Think I'm Divisioned out of it after all the GE's now. Picked up Dark Souls 3 last week, never played a Souls game so I might try that for a nice relaxing break :D

Oh I farmed the absolute bejaysus out of it. If I do anymore farming this weekend I'll be sleeping on the couch :)

Resigned myself to defeat on this one anyway. Have 5 pieces of Banshee, Nomad and Predator but no sign of a sixth for either of them.

Think I'm Divisioned out of it after all the GE's now. Picked up Dark Souls 3 last week, never played a Souls game so I might try that for a nice relaxing break :D

played Dark Souls on the PS3 and never really got into it. Got Bloodborne recently though and it's fantastic.

• Advertisement

played Dark Souls on the PS3 and never really got into it. Got Bloodborne recently though and it's fantastic.

Not sure what to expect from it, but I hear its hard. Tempted to go back playing the Witcher and start an NG+, love that game.

Had one last roll of the dice earlier, did 2 Lex runs, cashed in my credits and .....2 non-classified gear set pieces :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Loads of gowls with tactical and pre-emptive on too...is there some advantage to having all active...its an absolute head melt

Even though the GE bonus is small Tactical actually makes it easier for you imho,as long as you put some thought into spreading that 'contamination'. So if you're going to run any modifier you may aswell run the max.

I pretty much ignored this GE event. Its just not fun. Got maybe 5 in total for this GE got feck all and just spent time with family and Witcher 3.
    Might leave Division to cool down for a bit until April patch. Still love the game, I just "overdosed" on it. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

rng giveth, and it taketh away

have gotten pretty much every set from the last 2 weeks, across all the gearsets i'm missing less than 10 overall, so have full strikers, sentry, nomad, predators, tac, reclaimers, final measure. rng giveth

but, i'm on some run of exotics. 7 in a row have now been skulls gloves. the odds on that are crazy. still no house.

the classified builds are a lot of fun, except for nomad. that must be the most boring training wheels type of setup. i cannot see the fun in it, it comes close to killing whatever bit of fun was left in the grind. the other sets encourage you to try different ways to kill, this is is jsut about not dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Hi all just wanted to ask is the game worth getting bck into?have played the game in well over a year.can u do much solo/with randoms?can you get the best gear from just pve?lots of questions sorry just bored AF at the moment.thanks for the help/info

definitely worth getting back into, you can fully gear up running solo and everything is doable with randoms (Clear Sky and Stolen Signal can be rough). There are Global Events starting Thursday which lets you get classified gear sets, which are the end game items

Lads, really weird one. Went to smyths website and they have Division listed for preorder, TBC is 2018?!
    I expected to see it launch early next year, but not in 2018. Smyths might have jumped the gun a bit too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads, really weird one. Went to smyths website and they have Division listed for preorder, TBC is 2018?!
    I expected to see it launch early next year, but not in 2018. Smyths might have jumped the gun a bit too early.

Also it's only 60 quid with a further 5 quid off if you collect in store. Preorders are frowned upon but 55 quid price promise is very nice.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/tom-clancy-s-the-division-2-video-game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-2-ps4/p/166110

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Smyths trying to get orders in early I'd suspect but I don't think they are too far out. Game has been released over 2 years. Criticism of massive after 6 months was that there was a significant drop in output so it was obvious they were working on something else. They pretty much said so in several of the streams. I think it's fair to suspect Div2 has almost 2 years of development already and a release within the next 12 months wouldn't be a shock. Getting this out before Xmas would be a big plus for them but I suspect it will be March/April 19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah because when I need accurate game information I always go to SMYTHS :rolleyes:

I didn't even know they were still alive.

Advertisement