Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

got everything but the best thing of the weekend was ranking up jcds 2nd character. Level 11 World Tier 5 lex challenging and at one point I said "ok it's up to you jcd" I'm sure we were playing with vegetables

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

gimli2112 wrote:
    got everything but the best thing of the weekend was ranking up jcds 2nd character. Level 11 World Tier 5 lex challenging and at one point I said "ok it's up to you jcd" I'm sure we were playing with vegetables

That bit where as a lvl 15 I resist the two numpties and then they both die again almost instantly. It. Is. A. Cover. Based. Shooter.

Use the damn cover

there's definitely some terrible players on at the minute. My legendary runs with randoms descended into farce. Warren Gate got each of them up at least 3 times before we went through the first door, wiped when I was trying to revive them all in the timed section, 2 new guys came in, they were just as bad, one of them left when we killed all the bosses and never got the reward, ended up with 20+ revives.
    Times square, the eejits running everywhere, it's ambush let them come to you? Wiped and I'm trying to figure out how to boot them without raising suspicion. Three of them went down again near the end, luckily I had everything set to revive at that stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really enjoying Hunters faith classified right now.
    I recorded some small clips of gameplay from a few runs this evening.

So I ran Dragon's Nest heroic with randoms. Only been carried through it once but went in as a full reclaimer so was feeling good. My optimism was well founded early on and we breezed through the encounter until we came to the last pair of switches. Inexplicably my teammates abandoned the previously successful process of switching them on simultaneously and just died over and over again. Eventually two of them left.
    My joy over the replacements was unfortunately misplaced, as they ran to the left switch on the far side of the room and away from my magic box. My original teammate thinking they knew something we didn't ran to them. This was bad.
    After 5 minutes of this I realised I needed to do something. Luckily I had just watched Kick Ass and knew even ordinary people can be super-heros. Ran over to the right switch and activated all my emotes trying to attract the teammates attention. I have a violin playing one. I could have miked up here but the internet is full of weirdos and this was far more interesting. This didn't work so I resorted to turning the switch on and off in the hope someone would figure out what we were trying to achieve. Eventually one of the guys hit the other switch at the same time.
    It's actually fairly easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Man the timed part of Warrenpoint is tense on legendary.

Also there must be a billion named Healers on the final encounter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just about to get to lvl30 tonight, just as i get to the end of the campaign. It's actually a pretty good campaign, and is reasonably well paced. Won't have to do any grinding (i know that'll come later) to hit max level, which is always good.

Is it hard to get your gear score levelled? And should i just be aiming to hit WT5 asap?

Yeah you should be aiming to get into WT5 as soon as you can as that's where the end game gear will drop. If you have friends maxed out just join on them and you'll get the required gear very quick. You could try matchmaking a WT5 challenging mission, you won't be any use but not a hindrance either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Finding the campaign a bit of a slog myself,feels like a lot of repitition. Im gonna stick with it till i can start the end game and see how i get on. Im playing in coop only when my mates are on,which is maybe twice a week, so its taking me awhile to get through.

If nothing else it will be a game off the backlog. Hopefully it clicks down the road for me though

My only real compaint with the campaign is that i've had the same sniper rifle for the last 15 or so levels. Got one in the DZ and nothing has even come close to it in terms of damage. I want an upgrade dammit :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I finally found a House last week so I kinda gave up on this GE. Couldn't face a grind last night.

I thought I wanted a tactician set until I realised it's not really worth it anymore. Too many other sets do respective jobs better.

I miss Tac :(

Think it's time for another Division break for me until the next content drop. All I have to do really is max out my PvP rank. And I don't think I could face another year of Last Stand every day.

I have tactician and reclaimer on my electronics build and re-claimer is just so much better, maybe I just haven't built the tac right. Just need about 5 million div tech to optimise builds and that's me done. I'll play it for a while yet but think I'll struggle now I have everything (except two lone star pieces)

Can you get the gear sets, masks and other stuff from GE's after the events have ended?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kiith wrote: »
    Can you get the gear sets, masks and other stuff from GE's after the events have ended?

The gear pieces will be added to the general loot pool a litter afterwards. The masks depend upon the commendations, and they can only be advanced during the GE.

Global Event is locked once it ends. You can still get classifieds but the drop rate is very low. 2% from LZ bosses, slightly higher afaik with DZ bosses. Resistance or DZ farming is your best bet. Contamination events in the DZ seem particularly good.

I hit lvl30 there and my map just exploded with stuff. People weren't kidding about there being a bunch of stuff to do :)

Now just to figure out where to next.

I'd be looking to increase GS and get into WT5 first. GS isn't the be all and end all. Actual talents/perks are more important but the GS is linked to their attributes eg. 23% critical hit chance on smgs/12% gun damage on the gloves. Best way imo is just to go straight into WT5 and match-make daily missions. We were levelling up JCDs alt yesterday (lvl 23) and without engaging the randoms started dropping him gear at the end of the mission. I'd look to get around high 270s at least for end game stuff.

Once this is done you can then concentrate on building your character. Classifieds are hard to come by. If you can get your hands on a WT5 ninja back pack this will open up a lot of build possibilities. 4 piece nomad, reclaimer or D3FNC would all be pretty good especially running a 3 piece from another set but the 6 piece classified make them all significantly stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I hit lvl30 there and my map just exploded with stuff. People weren't kidding about there being a bunch of stuff to do :)

Now just to figure out where to next.

I'm on PC, you're on my list, if you see me on feel free to join. I can solo anything short of legendary and incursions so am happy to boost you along the way. But with the GE over I might not be on too often, if you are still stuck PM me here and I can jump on some evening.

falcon lost, with randoms. I'm by far the highest gs. Drag them to the last round, roaring at them. Last bomb run "Listen lads, mags you come left with me, the other two go right, on my signal hit the switch, I'll plant, we're nearly there, c'mon guys"
    Gim runs left hits switch turns round other three haven't moved
    Went full Irish literally mental, tore them apart can't put words down here as I'll get banned
    Lost my mind at this point, turned off my turret, ran in, getting hammered by the other turret, SCREAMING now, plant, get out apc blows up, murder everything I see. Complete. Breathe breathe,
    One of the guys sends me a message, their three dead bodies and Russian text everywhere
    I'm pretty sure if Russia ever invades Ireland those guys won't want to go

You can always plant by yourself by turning off your switch then throwing out a box to distract the other turret.

• Advertisement

After much research and without having attempted Stolen Signal, I believe Falcon Lost with randoms is the most infuriating thing in the game. Wiped yesterday after blowing up the apc when the last guy who I died reviving ran past my body and died. Dragon's Nest is easy and Clear Sky's ok if I'm sober and using the right character.
    Dropped a house, an MDR and a Warlord for randoms and not a word of thanks. My days of good deeds are over.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    After much research and without having attempted Stolen Signal, I believe Falcon Lost with randoms is the most infuriating thing in the game. Wiped yesterday after blowing up the apc when the last guy who I died reviving ran past my body and died. Dragon's Nest is easy and Clear Sky's ok if I'm sober and using the right character.
    Dropped a house, an MDR and a Warlord for randoms and not a word of thanks. My days of good deeds are over.

That was your mistake. Never revive anyone after you blow up the APC. Or a plant a bomb in general. If I have a defrib I'll pop it on them but if not then f**k 'em. They can wait until the next checkpoint.

The rule playing in my squad is, if you die it's your own problem :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Heh. We've had opposite experiences. I've never had a wipe on Falcon Lost when playing with randoms but wipe on Clear Sky fairly often.

I've found that if you have 1 player on the left, 1 in the middle and two on the right on Falcon Lost it is fairly easy.

Clear Sky becomes a cluster**** if there isn't at least one person focused solely on killing.

--

I've been playing the game a lot since 1.8 and I'm getting frustrated with my weapons :(. Every week on the vendor reset I'm hoping for a decent weapon or even a blueprint and instead it's just crappy talents.

Every now and then a LMW4, LVOA-C or G36 drops but the talents are just retarded and work against each other.

All I ever get is weapons sporting a combination of Unforgiving, Commanding and Vicious.

Ah yeah Falcon is not really that hard. I've only run it a handful of times. Getting through 15 waves to be killed at the end was annoying, I just jumped out. Not sure where it puts you back in. I run legendries on all 4 characters. I've never gotten through them without wiping. Was rolling through them this weekend and it all started going to crap on my last character. It's always something stupid, just taking unnecessary risks. Of course the number of times I've said to teammates "What the fcuk are you doing?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Of course the number of times I've said to teammates "What the fcuk are you doing?"

This is about the only thing you type out doing Resistance on the Carrier.

I don’t play Resistance with randoms but understand what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Ah yeah Falcon is not really that hard. I've only run it a handful of times. Getting through 15 waves to be killed at the end was annoying, I just jumped out. Not sure where it puts you back in. I run legendries on all 4 characters. I've never gotten through them without wiping. Was rolling through them this weekend and it all started going to crap on my last character. It's always something stupid, just taking unnecessary risks. Of course the number of times I've said to teammates "What the fcuk are you doing?"

I shy away from doing incursions with randomers....too frustrating if it all goes wrong. I would prefer to fail with people I know....at least then you have a chance of figuring out what went wrong. Also, from previous experience balancing the abilities across the group can be a massive help in them.

Happy to team up for the incursions Gimli any evening or over the weekend.

Yeah Cal I'll play incursions with you, there was no-one on when I was running them (doesn't help that I logged on at 3 am). Really just doing them for the div tech between those and the legendries I made around 600 this weekend. The funniest stuff can happen running with randoms, not funny at the time mind you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

you guys on pc? i'll jump in for incursions if you are, played them all on xbox but never got to them on pc

• Advertisement

PS4. Have to admit it runs so much better from what I've seen on PC but I've totally forgotten how to play shooters on a PC. I did it back in the day but jumped on to try a COD a few years back and couldn't move the character.

Advertisement