Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Reinstalled this yesterday and messed about a bit just to get a feel for the game. If anyone on PS4 is looking for a teammate my I.d is below feel free to send a friend request.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Spear wrote: »
    No, there was never a formal mechanism like guilds/clans.

I'll never understand how an online shooter has no clan/guild mechanics. It makes absolutely no sense. Destiny 2 is also a cluster**** for this, at least on the pc. Genuinely baffles the mind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll never understand how an online shooter has no clan/guild mechanics. It makes absolutely no sense. Destiny 2 is also a cluster**** for this, at least on the pc. Genuinely baffles the mind.

There was a lot missing at launch, they rushed this one and are still playing catch up on some fundamental aspects.

You'd think by now players would have the option of forming their own ........wait for it....... Subdivision!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Actually, in relation to this. Have they changed the way the map works? It used to show the location of any on your friends list who is in game. Now it doesn't.

Same i figured it's a setting somewhere but I can't find it anywhere.

Had fun yesterday but must say I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is there any PSN message group set up for boards/irish players? If a game doesn't have a clan setup, there is usually a message group going around where you can post if you are looking to squad up.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is there any PSN message group set up for boards/irish players? If a game doesn't have a clan setup, there is usually a message group going around where you can post if you are looking to squad up.

Once upon a time I think some of us in the Destiny clan had one. But we all stopped playing around the same time so it's all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Actually, in relation to this. Have they changed the way the map works? It used to show the location of any on your friends list who is in game. Now it doesn't.

You can still see friends on the map. I could see a few people on last night and there's an icon for friends on the map legend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

You can still see friends on the map. I could see a few people on last night and there's an icon for friends on the map legend

Maybe I've been on when everyone else is in bed.

Optimus, I only saw your invite there today. Sorry buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Finding it difficult to adjust to the strike event being over, still rolling away from enemies when they die.
    Upgraded my Defence set and it feels worse. Knew I kept a second set for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Finding it difficult to adjust to the strike event being over, still rolling away from enemies when they die.
    Upgraded my Defence set and it feels worse. Knew I kept a second set for a reason.
    It must be some form of PTSD :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody playing on PC add me if you need a boost anywhere.
    Username on uplay:glebe111

I'm on the pc, and will add you later. No idea what my UPlay name is. Nevermind, it's in my signature :P

Around lvl20 now, and i think I remember why I stopped playing. Bullet sponge after bullet sponge. It's kind of ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Around lvl20 now, and i think I remember why I stopped playing. Bullet sponge after bullet sponge. It's kind of ridiculous.

Headhots and weakpoints (Gas canisters, satchels etc) are critical (pun intended) for the last half of the game. It is pretty hard when you're below or on level for the main missions, I found that kinda refreshing when I first played (when I got over the frustration :) ).
    It kinda gets easier when you get past 30 in that you're 100% in loot farming and tuning mode anyway, you will have more options and resources to test with. Of course you'll hit a steep ramp when you increase world tiers but you'll be prepared and know how to adapt.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

UPLAY: Rob2D

Add me if you're ever stuck for a signal run or something. Can be hard to get decent people these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Rob2D wrote: »
    UPLAY: Rob2D

Add me if you're ever stuck for a signal run or something. Can be hard to get decent people these days.

This ain't the place for that I'm afraid...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its worse at endgame, got very bland for me very quick, have returned for every patch in the hope I will get into it but no joy thus far.
    The latest patch is the best yet in terms of activities and stuff to do but I feel its a last stab from the devs.

I'm level 27 and haven't tried Survival yet, gonna push to end game before giving that a go looking forward to it as it looks very different from the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

nomad > everything else

• Advertisement

This ain't the place for that I'm afraid...

You never know!

Im getting to the stage again where I wonder why I should bother logging on, ive got decent gear, messed around with it a good bit but getting boarded again.

Glebee wrote: »
    Im getting to the stage again where I wonder why I should bother logging on, ive got decent gear, messed around with it a good bit but getting boarded again.

Can I ask how many hours before you got to that stage?

And did it happen with other "gear games" (Destiny, Diablo, etc.)?

I'm curious because with Destiny (2 in particular), while the gunplay was great, it felt like it was just a very thin veneer over a fairly shallow game. I'm new to The Division, so I haven't yet grown bored.

Can I ask how many hours before you got to that stage?

And did it happen with other "gear games" (Destiny, Diablo, etc.)?

I'm curious because with Destiny (2 in particular), while the gunplay was great, it felt like it was just a very thin veneer over an fairly shallow game. I'm new to The Division, so I haven't yet grown bored.

uplay is telling me i have 102 hours play time. I still love the Division for its gameworld but once I finished the story mode it sort of finished the game for me.
    Ive only played Destiny 2 which I just cant get into at all. I start it up to give it another go and ten minutes later ive had enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Logging in from today onwards after maintenance should give 5 encrypted cache keys to all, just in time to spend them on the new Christmas themed encrypted caches.

And it's double field profiency caches from the 26th onwards.

I've played 751 hours now of The Division. And bar about 30 minutes, it was all done solo. I've made slow by steady progress. I've gone from taking about 45 minutes to inch through Lexington on Challenging to breezing through it in around 12 minutes. And now I'm looking at solo'ing the legendary missions.

I'm a firm proponent that the content should be capable of being solo'd. Not necessarily easily, just possible. So this has fuelled my stubbornness in continuning with it.

But it's a game that is still best played by dipping in and out periodically, after a new patch or for GEs. Constant play would spread it far too thinly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I've just over 400 hours in, I'd say about 10% of that in a group which meant starting multiple chars to level with them (4 now total). I can solo Challenging easily enough, might give legendary a go but I'm expecting to be splattered :D. Personally I think there is a fairly decent end-game at this stage, once you accept that no game was meant to be played infinitely. As Spear said dipping in and out works fine when you get bored, there are always new builds to try.

BTW I've mentioned a few times I mainly play solo but that's because none of my usual group play this, and I also won't jump into someone else's games uninvited. But if you are on my friends list and see me on and want to run co-op I'm open, anyone on early-levels needing loot runs etc. no problem.

Summary of Marco's new best in slot guide:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fWBzT4Kv_0XjpBqx8cYNp8u-qXRdFhLM

On a side note,

Is anyone on PC planning to do the secret treasure map on WSP? Has to be done in a group.

Got to level 28 and and crafted my first gun :) game kept telling me my weapons were under leveled but couldn't find anything better and vendor guns aren't much better. Made a new sniper and AR to increase my DPS by about 8000.

I've seen a few pics of cool masks, are they unlocked by collecting sets or can you buy them?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got to level 28 and and crafted my first gun :) game kept telling me my weapons were under leveled but couldn't find anything better and vendor guns aren't much better. Made a new sniper and AR to increase my DPS by about 8000.

I've seen a few pics of cool masks, are they unlocked by collecting sets or can you buy them?

Mostly they're locked to commendations, and those commendations are mostly available during the global events. But some are set related, e.g. get an exotic for all 6 gear slots and you get the shady mask.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've been seeing commendations pop up lately but no clue what they do. Like someone else said earlier, lots of information and stuff going on that I'm unsure about but I'm close to end game so will just focus on that.

Any use using cypher keys or should I wait for end game?

Advertisement