Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

ok game ordered due in tommorow, only played to end of story when it launched, what am i aiming for now should i just start again or?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jcd5971 wrote: »
    ok game ordered due in tommorow, only played to end of story when it launched, what am i aiming for now should i just start again or?

First thing get some sleep, although I looked at the clock myself Monday morning and thought "Sh*t I've got work in 4 hours"
    The advice on Reddit is just do anything on your return, lots of stuff give loot. I'd finish the story, no need to restart and once you get to level 30 farming the LZ bosses is a good way to improve gear score. Having a lot of fun in Underground now with the Defence build. I really like farming the DZ, clearing landmarks and farming div tech. Much better in a group but solo is fine too. The weekly mission is an easy way to get a weekly cache which guarantees an exotic.
    Game's deceptively deep. Spent 25M min/maxing characters yesterday and still not happy but noticed a marked improvement in the builds..

realised I don't have the Banshee chest to complete the six piece. I'm not too pushed about Banshee but goddammit RNG. I have multiple set pieces on everything else at least one duplicate full set for Nomad, Predator's and Defence but that one frigging item I don't have is driving me mad. Still have until 6pm tomorrow to pick it up.
    Running Lex with randoms this weekend and one group played together for several runs. By the third run everyone knew what to do, where to go, when to throw grenades, who puts what turret where etc. While not as efficient as a team fully communicating the silent understanding was mega fun. So long you marvellous strangers whoever you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Up to Tier 4 now. I've just been doing things the Destiny way (deliberately), equipping the high GS items to get me into the next tier as quickly as possible. Once I get into T5 I'll start working on a specific build.

Which set is good for a DPS machine build? I prefer AR's / SMG's and Snipey snipey. I finally got a Vector last night. How does it stack up now generally? It was BiS when I stopped playing last time.

Vector was the go to smg in the olden days but it has been surpassed. Get yourself an MP7 or if you are lucky enough the exotic house. I've always liked the PP19 but only sitting behind my shield. The Tz something is supposed to be pretty good but really the MP7 has been the meta for a while. Get responsive on it. Unforgiven would be a good perk too in pvp but I'd prefer destructive in pve.

The predator's mark is getting a lot of guff online people are whinging about it so expect it to be nerfed. It does seem pretty good. Striker is popular but I haven't used it much other than in a four piece.

what you really want is to get an exotic ninja backpack because this will open up a lot more viable builds. Although I'm finding I'm using this less as I get the six piece sets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Up to Tier 4 now. I've just been doing things the Destiny way (deliberately), equipping the high GS items to get me into the next tier as quickly as possible. Once I get into T5 I'll start working on a specific build.

Which set is good for a DPS machine build? I prefer AR's / SMG's and Snipey snipey. I finally got a Vector last night. How does it stack up now generally? It was BiS when I stopped playing last time.

Predators Mark and Strikers are the most AR/SMG friendly ones.
    Sentry's Call and Dead Eye for the snipers.

But all of these can still be broken/better tied to certain weapons. E.g. Urban MDR is an AR, but it's semi-auto and thus gets the bonus from Sentrys Call. Or an MG5/Big Alejandro works well with Strikers of Predators Mark to build their bonuses faster. There's a lot of combos and variety.

Or you could look at partially mixing sets by using the Ninja Bike bag.

kind of cool we were typing the same thing at the same time

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Get responsive on it. Unforgiven would be a good perk too in pvp but I'd prefer destructive in pve.

I completely forgot re-rolling perks was a thing. Right so, MP7 or House.
    what you really want is to get an exotic ninja backpack because this will open up a lot more viable builds. Although I'm finding I'm using this less as I get the six piece sets.
    Spear wrote: »
    Or you could look at partially mixing sets by using the Ninja Bike bag.

Just seen that on the wiki. So having this will potentially give you a 4 piece and a 2 piece perk from different sets? Interesting. Are the 6 piece builds that more effective?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I completely forgot re-rolling perks was a thing. Right so, MP7 or House.

Just seen that on the wiki. So having this will potentially give you a 4 piece and a 2 piece perk from different sets? Interesting. Are the 6 piece builds that more effective?

The 6 piece bonuses can be quite extreme. Check out the upcoming Alphabridge one for example.

I've found the Predators Mark one to be okay, but not amazing so far. Personally I'd prefer the Strikers 6 piece, to do more direct and immediate damage.

Ninja back pack acts as a wild card. So if you have a 3 piece and 2 piece they turn into a 4 and a 3 when you equip it. Basically getting two extra perks.
    It doesn't work with 5 and 6 set bonuses though.

• Advertisement

The 6 piece bonuses can be quite extreme. Check out the upcoming Alphabridge one for example.

Ult's popping on a kill, rotating every time / 6 secs? Wow.

Mini Ults. It is one of the GSs I most want however, it just looks so cool. Reclaimer, Defence and Alpha for me, probably in that order.

Ult's popping on a kill, rotating every time / 6 secs? Wow.

And it's one of the featured sets coming in the next GE.

And it's one of the featured sets coming in the next GE.

How often does the GE come around? Won't get much outta the current one, but would like to be slightly better geared for the next one.

How often does the GE come around? Won't get much outta the current one, but would like to be slightly better geared for the next one.

Broadly about every 6 weeks ish. Kinda.

They're intended to be a regular thing, but the schedule has been a bit uneven.

The current one ends tomorrow, so you'll have about 4 to 6 weeks before the next one, which should be enough time to get in a better place for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

GE = Global Event? It's like reading WoW raid logs all over again :P

Kiith wrote: »
    GE = Global Event? It's like reading WoW raid logs all over again :P

Yeah, it's the global events. An event which introduces entirely new and novel mechanics, then undermines them by forcing repeated farming of stale content.

Yeah, it's the global events. An event which introduces entirely new and novel mechanics, then undermines them by forcing repeated farming of stale content.

Just like Destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is GE only possible at level 30 and above?

I really don't know. I've seen players under 30 in challenging missions on Lexington but I don't know if they can earn GE credits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

This is going to sound like an odd recommendation for a DPS build - Warlord, 6pc Nomad with the On The Move talent..... I know, it's a tanky healer build but it allows you to stay on target, firing constantly on the move with little cover or down time vs. the burst damage of Strikers et al. So technically not dpS, but more high dp10s/20s/tileverythingisdead-s .
    I did a test against this with a Striker and Liberator set, the liberator had higher DPS, ROF and better grouping than the Warlord and it also noticeably proc'd the Striker damage increase much more efficiently so sure enough it killed individuals faster (I'd estimate about 25% or so). But on tougher content I had to take cover in between kills, sometimes for prolonged periods to get my health back up. With my Nomad/Warlord kit I have 34% health on kill, advanced constant healing from the Nomad set and also 35%/20s from a Warlord perk, add 20% damage reduction while firing (Warlord again) and another 10%/10s with On The Move and I can basically walk/aim/fire my way through most mobs without ever having to seek cover or look for health - 35% faster reload doesn't hurt there either. So technically it's a lower DPS set but it's much better (and faster) at killing multiple targets (it's also great fun :) ).

Marcostyle's best solo build was a nomad 6 piece with the Warlord as primary. I was using it yesterday and managed to get myself killed right at the start of Lexington, which was a feat in itself but it worked very well.
    I had on the move also. Rolled responsive into the Warlord

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are there guilds/clans/whatever they are called in this? Need to get myself in with some regular players if i want to get some of this nice sounding gear you're all talking about.

Are there guilds/clans/whatever they are called in this? Need to get myself in with some regular players if i want to get some of this nice sounding gear you're all talking about.

Actually, in relation to this. Have they changed the way the map works? It used to show the location of any on your friends list who is in game. Now it doesn't.

No, there was never a formal mechanism like guilds/clans.

So my total haul:

6pc done:

Predators Mark
    Final Measure
    Nomad

One piece missing
    Strikers
    Banshee
    D3FNC

Plus various exotics, some more usable than others, House, Big Al.

So it's still a boring farm session, but it is fairly productive.

Just have D3FNC, Nomad and Predator's. Missing the chest for banshee. Last box opened had a classified on top, a bonus classified on the bottom and a normal banshee chest in the middle. Getting trolled now.
    Min/maxed predator's a bit with elite/smg damage it wrecks in pve now, same with Nomad.
    Off today so will go back to it until it ends.
    Almost thrashed my Big Al by mistake earlier. Not sure how I managed to unlock it and mark it as thrash. Would have had to quit game.

Not one classified dropped from the named boss in Lincoln or Lex for me?

Almost thrashed my Big Al by mistake earlier. Not sure how I managed to unlock it and mark it as thrash. Would have had to quit game.

It's looking fairly certain I did that with a Heel at one point. I know it dropped, I know I picked it up, but no sign of it since. Still that wouldn't be as bad as losing a Big Al for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

After 30 caches I got 5 piece Nomad & D3-FNC and 4 piece Predator & Banshee.
    Grinding Lex last night but got fed up.
    So what's the best way to get classified gear now the GE is over?

• Advertisement

Blackgator wrote: »
    After 30 caches I got 5 piece Nomad & D3-FNC and 4 piece Predator & Banshee.
    Grinding Lex last night but got fed up.
    So what's the best way to get classified gear now the GE is over?

Weekly caches, exotic caches, proficiency caches, LZ/DZ boss drops.

The GE caches may be a far from guaranteed source, but they're still much faster than the normal methods.

Advertisement