Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

survival has a pve element, you can solo underground but your're better off grouping up, most groups aren't miked so it doesn't get too upsetting
    I've been solooing the pvp dz for the past two hours

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yay, 6pc classified Predators Mark done.

And also one piece short on Nomad too.

But that's my main goal for this GE done, so I'm content.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spear wrote: »
    Yay, 6pc classified Predators Mark done.

And also one piece short on Nomad too.

But that's my main goal for this GE done, so I'm content.

And there's a Big Alejandro just now, today is a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Thinking of giving this a bash again on ps4 anyone know where the best place is to get the game and expansions at a reasonable price?
    its full price on psn so way too much at the price considering youd have to buy all dlc as well.

12 euro new in argos. Wait then for the dlc to go on sale I'd say.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5015423/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo%2Bgames%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275.htm

predators mark and d3fnc 6 set that's all I wanted. 5 piece banshee and nomad too.
    how good is the d3fnc 6 set you ask? 1st game underground challenging mission, got mugged by hunters. team split, killed one ran to teammate other two teammates go down, guy beside me dies 1 v 3
    Three Hunters Gim and one shield
    it.was.awesome.
    beat a legendary mission with randoms and no communication

• Advertisement

And there's a Big Alejandro just now, today is a good day.

it's probably my favourite gun, fully optimised it earlier even though it hadn't the best perks I just had to

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Should i bother with the Dark Zone before getting to a higher level? Only lvl17 at the moment, and i'm just working my way through the story.

Kiith wrote: »
    Should i bother with the Dark Zone before getting to a higher level? Only lvl17 at the moment, and i'm just working my way through the story.

i'd wait, DZ is only good in a group or if you need to grab division tech or do weekly challenges
    got murdered several times yesterday by teams, you can't get mad cos that's what it is but I'm going to make a pvp character soon...... soon you hear me you muppets :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Haven't had much of a chance to play this week even though Nomad has always been my main set and I need to complete it.

Another GE, another bunch of clowns who can't run Clear Sky. It makes me so mad. I've been reduced to running Lex.

I HATE LEX

Man I'm getting wrecked. I'm level 26 clearing up since side stuff to get my level up to continue the main missions but find myself constantly respawning at a safe house. I just met my first named boss earlier and got my first purple item, a pair of gloves but still cool.

The skills I use are health boost, radar and recovery link that stops me dying and heals teammates. I rarely use medkits so maybe should swap out the heal one. Anyone recommend some skills to use? Have most unlocked.

Would it be worth heading to the dark zone for some beefier weapons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Kiith wrote: »

Get to level 19 first and then go in. That way you be the highest level in the 15-19 DZ. Gear up with purple gear when in there.

The Dark Zone is good at lower levels, but it also has a lot of 4 man groups the have good gear and its only play lower DZs (like me), so beware of lvl 19 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Onyx_1

gimli2112 wrote: »
    weiland79 wrote: »
    Any ps4 players here ? Myself and a friend are looking to get back into this, we are on most nights.
    If you put your tag up I'll add you.
    Mine is the same as here.

gimli2112

Function1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Man I'm getting wrecked. I'm level 26 clearing up since side stuff to get my level up to continue the main missions but find myself constantly respawning at a safe house. I just met my first named boss earlier and got my first purple item, a pair of gloves but still cool.

The skills I use are health boost, radar and recovery link that stops me dying and heals teammates. I rarely use medkits so maybe should swap out the heal one. Anyone recommend some skills to use? Have most unlocked.

Would it be worth heading to the dark zone for some beefier weapons?

You should be able to get better gear in the LZ aswell, the DZ is not the haven for all things pew-pew it once was :). Try boss farming, I think they reset every 4 hours or so, https://division.zone/named-bosses/ has a good map.
    Skillwise I've almost always stuck with the healing station (+ammo perk), pulse with improved damage and Tactical Link (your get-out-of-jail-free card). but I mainly play solo so I'm aiming for survivability as much as anything.
    The main thing to remember in combat is don't be afraid to retreat, most missions are very forgiving on how far you can backtrack while fighting, get some breathing room and let your skills recharge.
    No matter what else you run with always try to have a good sniper rifle, those tactical retreats can be a lot more successful with headshots as they follow.
    For PvE health on kill is a good skill to keep, even if just about 10%, it can be handy for tipping your recharge into the next slot and letting it boost naturally from there.
    Protection from elites, damage to them and armour damage are also excellent PvE choices. You may be tempted for other global damage perks but the Elites/Named are very likely to be your biggest problem in any mission and those specific perks tend to be bigger % wise than global damage perks in the same slot.
    Tune the crap out of your gear when you hit level 30 and start getting gold items (and above). If you get a great weapon that has better critical chance, retune your armour to improve crit damage and the like. It really does make a difference.
    Hoard your set pieces, even if it's one you have no interest in now you may find it complements a weapon set better down the line, or maybe you'll just want to experiment with different playstyles - Loadouts obviously help there a lot.

Thanks man some good stuff there! I'm currently struggling with Murray Hill (24-26) thought I'd be grand as a level 26 but the even joining another guy, we are both getting wrecked when the elites come along. I have 3 good snipers bit my AR's are shyte, have no good close or medium range weapons. Might have a look for those named bosses or maybe replay earlier main missions on hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

It really does reward flexibility, you should always be on the lookout for "best one of each" in terms of weapon types, don't stick to "I'm a sniper, I don't need an smg" like you would in other shooters. Rely on your gear to support your play style and compensate for your weaknesses rather than relying on your weapon choice.

Hopped on to a World 1 tier yesterday to help someone past the boss in Lex. Was one shotting level 25-26 regular enemies with a pistol. Vengence. :)
    I'm in danger of burning out, think I have all the exotics and duplicate sets of Defence, Nomad, Banshee (think I'm missing a second chest piece) and Predator's mark. All I really have to do is farm div tech which is a bit of a slog solo. Fully optimised The House, Alejandro and MDV. Really should be putting some into gear sets but I'm tempted to optimise The Heel and Devil for my Deadeye build.

It really does reward flexibility, you should always be on the lookout for "best one of each" in terms of weapon types, don't stick to "I'm a sniper, I don't need an smg" like you would in other shooters. Rely on your gear to support your play style and compensate for your weaknesses rather than relying on your weapon choice.

Assault - Lightweight M4/LVOAC or MDR (PvE)
    SMG - House by a distance MP7 or PP19 for sustained damage
    LMG - The Alejandro by a distance although I haven't used the MG5 which is good. Pakhan used to be the best but the big Alejandro beats it by a mile now
    Sniper - SVD for Deadeye (Heel and Devil are better) not sure which is the best for headshots M700 or M1A?
    Shotgun Can't get this to work need to put them in a striker build but the showstopper and SASG are the best I think
    imo
    That said there's plenty of guns that are really useable

gimli2112 wrote: »
    not sure which is the best for headshots M700 or M1A?

M700 carbon.

All I have left to get is a Nomad. Hopefully RNGsus will bless me tonight.

I wonder is it worth throwing a Predator's Mark together??? Not sure if I'd ever even use it really.

Rob2D wrote: »
    M700 carbon.

All I have left to get is a Nomad. Hopefully RNGsus will bless me tonight.

I wonder is it worth throwing a Predator's Mark together??? Not sure if I'd ever even use it really.

Haven't even equipped predator's mark. Really wanted the Defence set and ran it yesterday on an alt. So much fun. Got attacked by Hunters in Underground Challenging missions 5-6 times and other than one case where I panicked in 1 v 4 situation saw them off each time. So cool being the last alive and getting your team back up.
    The other two sets I want is Reclaimer (missed the Global Event but have 4) and Alpha-bridge from the next GE. Heard good things about Predator's though so must try it. Had the banshee set on farming Div Tech in the DZ and didn't meet anyone.......typical

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is there any sites out there that explain the different set. Currenly lvl 30 and have a mixture of Alpha Bridge and Nomad gear. gear score 275. No idea what I should be aiming for gear wise.

• Advertisement

I keep a range of weapons but my AR's and SMG's feel like pea shooters compared to the snipers. At level 26, my highest non sniper DPS is like 18k, just awful.

I saw some high DPS AR's for sale at vendors, I never buy any weapons but might do so to get over this slump.

Glebee wrote: »
    Is there any sites out there that explain the different set. Currenly lvl 30 and have a mixture of Alpha Bridge and Nomad gear. gear score 275. No idea what I should be aiming for gear wise.
    http://thedivision.wikia.com/wiki/Gear_Sets

just see that this doesn't carry the update for banshee, predator's or nomad and only shows the 4 set bonuses for these sets.
    If you select a gear set piece in the menu you can scroll down and it gives details of the 2-6 bonuses on the right of the screen

Sniper and heavy machine gun for me (think it's the M60 at the moment). Both extremely satisfying to use, for very different reasons.

Went into the DZ at lvl18 last night, and had some fun. Think i was in the lvl15ish enemy area though, as it wasn't too hard and the gear i was getting wasn't great. Got a few rank ups though, which should allow me to open some more chests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Is there a way to 'Tag' enemies before engaging? Wasn't that a thing at launch up to Underground release? Maybe my memory is faulty, but I could have sworn that it was a thing you could do.

You can pulse them which increases the damage you can do to them unless they are running a counter pulse.

Is there a way to 'Tag' enemies before engaging? Wasn't that a thing at launch up to Underground release? Maybe my memory is faulty, but I could have sworn that it was a thing you could do.

There is a mark enemies button apparently, though I've never used it, as I play solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

There is a mark enemies button apparently, though I've never used it, as I play solo.

That's the one I'm thinking of. Can't remember what button it is though.

Edit: Ok, to mark enemies, it's UP on the D-Pad.

Not sure what happened but playing playing it earlier and it all clicked. Tried out an AR with medium DPS compared to my other gear and I started wrecking people with it, cleaned up all the side stuff in the previous zone and got to level 27. Gonna head back to my current zone and do the side stuff there before trying the main ones again. In future I'm just gonna experiment with the guns instead of focusing on the DPS.

It's a right pain in the ass trying to extract loot from the DZ when there's no one else around :(

Or i'm sure when there's too many of the wrong people around :P

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrdldw_X6qOtYIEGHvaWVHp6RUpX9WLInPqdPthJG74/preview

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/wiki/community_resources#wiki_best_in_slot_items_.2F_weapon_guides

Advertisement