Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-750-li-4-8-v8-378-bhp-2007/26640633

MGRhYTc1M2JiNThiYjRkMGE5YjIzMTg2ZmY3NDZlY2WYcGcpTpT97qj9fuA80fIRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjM2NjE2ODd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Absolutely terrible ad, but an 07 750Li for €4700

I don’t know why it annoys me greatly that sellers of this vintage of cars always remind ya how much they were new?

Like how Is it any way relevant to the sale of the car? Why don’t owners of corollas remind ya how much the car was new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I Was VB wrote: »
    I don’t know why it annoys me greatly that sellers of this vintage of cars always remind ya how much they were new?

Like how Is it any way relevant to the sale of the car? Why don’t owners of corollas remind ya how much the car was new.
    I'm more annoyed by adverts with blatantly incorrect information and one solitary photo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I find it very interesting to be honest.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Even more so when he gets the bloody figure wrong. That car would have listed at a LOT more than €110k in 2007...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

spyderski wrote: »
    Even more so when he gets the bloody figure wrong. That car would have listed at a LOT more than €110k in 2007...

Where would you get that info?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭traco

You can get a new price by putting in the info into the VRT calculator as if you were going to import it. The price won't inlcude any options and is only the base list price for that model at the time. Getting the actual price is almost impossible unless you can find a price list from that time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

traco wrote: »
    You can get a new price by putting in the info into the VRT calculator as if you were going to import it. The price won't inlcude any options and is only the base list price for that model at the time. Getting the actual price is almost impossible unless you can find a price list from that time.

It is not always right though. I imported an MX5 and it showed the list price for a 2018 car as €19 k, but it was actually €29 k. I did not complain though.

They do not list Porsche cars either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

NCT expired in 2017. Dodgy.
    Looks like it's been sitting there a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

List price for a 750Li in Ireland in 2007 with no options was €134,750.

https://www.simi.ie/en/motorstats/recommended-price-guide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Top Dog wrote: »
    I'm more annoyed by adverts with blatantly incorrect information and one solitary photo

And the pool of water around the car, its first wash in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

CoBo55 wrote: »
    And the pool of water around the car, its first wash in years.

Looks like a rain shower to me

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

It always reminds me of a fella I encountered in business years ago whose partner was Miss Ireland 1989 or something, and let this be known.

In fairness we all agreed a Miss Ireland is a Miss Ireland

List price for a 750Li in Ireland in 2007 with no options was €134,750.

https://www.simi.ie/en/motorstats/recommended-price-guide

Not including for inflation that’s a loss of €130050, thank Christ Dave Ramsey isn’t on here 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

If you could afford one new, €10k a year depreciation isn't bad going considering. Plenty of folk loose €5k a year on shall we say, more modest vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

If you could afford one new, €10k a year depreciation isn't bad going considering. Plenty of folk loose €5k a year on shall we say, more modest vehicles.

Plenty of people lose 10k in year 1 on those modest vehicles.

And plenty lose more than 10k in year 1 in less modest vehicles. Not many folk spend 130k and keep the thing for a decade plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

crazyjim wrote: »
    It always reminds me of a fella I encountered in business years ago whose partner was Miss Ireland 1989 or something, and let this be known.

In fairness we all agreed a Miss Ireland is a Miss Ireland

marrying a miss Ireland and owning a luxobarge are very similar. You'd proudly tell a lad across the bar you get to go home to miss Ireland or a 7 series...... and just pray he doesn't ask 'what year'

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26673784

Awful fit and finish, constantly going through suspension bushes, but fairly reliable underpinnings?

Could ya be tempted to buy a €1400 Chrysler 300c?

Awful fit and finish, constantly going through suspension bushes, but fairly reliable underpinnings?

they weren't a bad taxi when they came out, but now.... its cheaper to buy than to tax, not incredibly luxurious. if it was the hemi it would be a different story though. thats just a 525d competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

They haven't aged well compared to a similar E-class or 5 Series

• Advertisement

they weren't a bad taxi when they came out, but now.... its cheaper to buy than to tax, not incredibly luxurious. if it was the hemi it would be a different story though. thats just a 525d competitor.

The father had one as a taxi, replaced it with a 2013 version. Night and day fit and finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

They haven't aged well compared to a similar E-class or 5 Series
    Its subjective I always thought they were a horrendous ostentatious thing devoid of any grace or class. Suppose the fact that they proved popular with a certain demographic in society didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The father had one as a taxi, replaced it with a 2013 version. Night and day fit and finish.

I've driven an 06 one on a limo plate a few times, I must confess I do like them. Is the 13 much different?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What is that Lancia?

Its subjective I always thought they were a horrendous ostentatious thing devoid of any grace or class. Suppose the fact that they proved popular with a certain demographic in society didn't help.

I'm pretty sure the design brief for the 300c was always 'target mid tier drug dealers who can't afford escalades'

What is that Lancia?

its like somebody took a Volvo S60 and a f01 7 series and then smoke and drank right through the pregnancy and this is the child.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Lancia dash is one of the most random posts I've seen in a while. No link. No explanation. I'll just leave this here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

The newer model 300c was badged as the Lancia Thema on mainland Europe after Fiat and Chrysler amalgamated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I'm pretty sure the design brief for the 300c was always 'target mid tier drug dealers who can't afford escalades'

But also 'make it look like a Bentley, but with crap build quality'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement