Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

True.

But they are not barges, no more than a coach that can carry 30 passengers is a barge. Great for a works outing, but not a barge.

I would think of a Ford Transit or the VW Transporter as the van of choice.

if a range rover isn't a luxury land yacht I don't know what SUV is... business people need living rooms on wheels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

But they are not barges, no more than a coach that can carry 30 passengers is a barge. Great for a works outing, but not a barge.

Totally disagree.
    Would you say the same if that Range Rover happened to be taxed privately?

A RR Vogue is very comparable to an S-Class. Similar levels of luxury and scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Lurching wrote: »
    Totally disagree.
    Would you say the same if that Range Rover happened to be taxed privately?

A RR Vogue is very comparable to an S-Class. Similar levels of luxury and scale.

FFS, Range Rover are the epitome of a Luxobarge.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Lads Lads, don't feed the trolls. They obviously have no idea of what or what is not a barge!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s-class-350/26581017

OWJiMTNhYjE3NmE3YWJiYzE4MWI2ZDg4ZjE5YWRiZTPCeJhaeEX0bOk4Tg9FTlGCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjMwMTY1NTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking S350 with new NCT, €3500

Ad reads pretty genuine. Is that all these are worth now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

That’s a nice example, tax is crucifying motors like these.

Seen a late model E200 on a 09 reg with the 1.8 engine. €1200 a year to tax, soul destroying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

But then they're not available at such insanely low prices. I think it's better on this side.

The tax regime is a boon to those of us in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭traco

Looks like barges have taken major price hike over the weekend

2008 S500 Standard spec but with low miles (60K) for €16,950

50636272623_0cce958b9c_c.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s500-saloon-very-low-klm/26526653

traco wrote: »
    Looks like barges have taken major price hike over the weekend

2008 S500 Standard spec but with low miles (60K) for €16,950.............

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s500-saloon-very-low-klm/26526653

Their stock is all very well presented and most of it seems to be priced reasonably enough, with a few low mileage things being priced very steeply.

This is very much a very rare model for Ireland but I can't see there being too many interested in that........... there must be thousands of profit in it at that price ..... as in almost half the asking price.

It does look clean to be fair and the miles are low. I don't understand why someone would order a premiium 500 and not add a sunroof at least and maybe a few other bits.

• Advertisement

It does look clean to be fair and the miles are low. I don't understand why someone would order a premiium 500 and not add a sunroof at least and maybe a few other bits.

this is it. surely at that point be it paying cash or going on finance throwing an extra 5k for some highly desirable extras makes sense.

Im also not a huge fan of the wheels or colour on that one, just seems a bizzare order.

Since aircon came along I'd prefer any car I have to be without a sunroof. Always thought they were awful fncking things tbh.

Revenue have OMSP at €8,339.00 Orignal new price was 119k.

50636485938_b231f38ea9_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Revenue have OMSP at €8,339.00 Orignal new price was 119k.

50636485938_b231f38ea9_c.jpg

Make ya wonder what the export rebate would be

I Was VB wrote: »
    Make ya wonder what the export rebate would be

Probably 3k and change? I did it ages ago and think there was an admin fee, could have been 500 but I could be way off. I'd be confident though that you won't get 36% of 17k anyway.

Probably 3k and change? I did it ages ago and think there was an admin fee, could have been 500 but I could be way off. I'd be confident though that you won't get 36% of 17k anyway.

2.5k if imagine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

The current admin fee is €100, and if they charge €3,600 bringing one in, they pay out €3,500 taking one out. Of course, VRT must have been paid on it originally, so if it was brought in on a residency change, then no refund.

The current admin fee is €100, and if they charge €3,600 bringing one in, they pay out €3,500 taking one out. Of course, VRT must have been paid on it originally, so if it was brought in on a residency change, then no refund.

It's an Irish car from new according to add.

Probably a 6/7k car in the UK I reckon if its as good as it looks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Augeo wrote: »
    It's an Irish car from new according to add.

Probably in this case, but just for others who think they could repatriate a residence transfer car back out and make a profit.

• Advertisement

Probably a 6/7k car in the UK I reckon if its as good as it looks.

if it was black, white or silver and a host of options absolutely. the UK market care about spec. However you'd get 5k off a lad in Eastern Europe all day long for it and the 2.5k vrt rebate.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Always assumed admin fee was €500!

Its actually €100, My own 2006 S Class would get a rebate of €950 and I can claim the tax back also. (6 months roughly another €900ish)

So €1,850 in total and I still have the price of the car.

Yet its on DoneDeal for €2,500 and not one serious enquiry.

E36Ross wrote: »

Its actually €100, My own 2006 S Class would get a rebate of €950 and I can claim the tax back also. (6 months roughly another €900ish)

It was but they reduced it - probably under pressure from the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

TBH I don't think the VRT rebate is all its cracked up to be, you'd want to be looking at a serious refund to make it worth the hassle. Not to mention bringing potential scrutiny from Revenue in regards your tax affairs, notably if you are self employed. You'd want to have all your affairs in order if venturing down that road or if you plan to make a habit of exporting barges with refunds due on them.

...... Not to mention bringing potential scrutiny from Revenue in regards your tax affairs, notably if you are self employed. You'd want to have all your affairs in order if venturing down that road or if you plan to make a habit of exporting barges with refunds due on them.

As a one off it'd be no problem.... If you make a habit of it then you might appear to be doing it to make money as a side line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭User1998

As a one off it'd be no problem.... If you make a habit of it then you might appear to be doing it to make money as a side line.

I think he means more so that if you owe Revenue any money that they will deduct that from your VRT rebate hence why your taxes need to be in order

I'd say he's alluding to triggering an audit or something with REAP but who knows.
    They'd not deduct money owed to them from a VRT rebate I reckon..... Different streams. And if they reckon you owe them money they'll likely get it from you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

E36Ross wrote: »

So you'll take €650???? :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭User1998

I'd say he's alluding to triggering an audit or something with REAP but who knows.
    They'd not deduct money owed to them from a VRT rebate I reckon..... Different streams. And if they reckon you owe them money they'll likely get it from you :)

He’s actually right, I definitely remember reading it from an official revenue document. Its the same with VRT appeals. If you owe revenue any money they will deduct that amount from the VRT amount they owe you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

That s500 for 17k belongs in the dreamers thread. You can get 2011 on s500 with a good bit more bhp for e1200 motor tax. Rubbish colour too and who would spend that kind of money when its asking price would also get a few year newer, more powerful, cheaper tax option facelift, WITH the factory amg kit?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement