Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

yeah, the least desirable engine, high miles, few options on it. thats a 3k car all day long.

it actually seems like these cars have had their asking prices INCREASED! A mate was getting itch to change a few weeks ago, around a 2010 a4 / a6, they have come down drastically in price in the matter of a few weeks, the cheaper ones anyway. it seems most cars hold up to a certain point, then there is a big drop, when a few sellers actually have to move on their car and accept the actual value, particularly if they are desperate for money or already have their new replacement car. Delighted with how much he has saved!

I wouldnt be bothered spending that money on an older s class swb with the 3l diesel engine and non facelift. Better buy a 2010 like the below... the max tax those cars are worth in diesel , is E75o IMO...

the below example is lovely...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-mercedes-benz-s-350/26179479

Cartman is yours a LWB? how you finding it and one question, there is no aux point etc in my car, there is bluetooth, but I believe bluetooth on for the phone is that right, I cant stream music via the bluetooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭This is it

I've a c220 2008 and the Bluetooth is for calls only, it does have an aux in the glovebox though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭traco

Mine has a buetooth in the command but its not for phone or music. For phone you should have a bluetooth puck in the center arm rest that plugs into the phone connection. Connecting to the command bluetooth does nothing.

I have a white 37 pin Ipod connector in the glovebox and that works with an old iPod. I did buy a bovee 1000 bluetooth thing. This didn't work and I think its that the white cable doesn't supply the voltage needed for the Bovee. I believe if you have the newer black 37 pin ipod cable it will work with the Bovee units.

If you select "Audio" what options do you get in the command. The extra inputs if they aren't there will need to be turned on via star in the command module

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭TigerTim

I'm put off by the ropey surroundings.

Is it too much to expect that a luxury vehicle could be shot in a less dodgy looking area?

I often wonder do sellers not have a clue, don't know how to take decent pics or couldn't give a sh!t & hope some sucker buy's it without putting any effort into the sale.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TigerTim wrote: »
    I often wonder do sellers not have a clue, don't know how to take decent pics or couldn't give a sh!t & hope some sucker buy's it without putting any effort into the sale.

T.
    It was NCT'd on 29-08-2020 and transferred to the new owner on 01/09/2020 so I'm guessing they're now trying to flip it? Or they've just found the reason why it was sold and trying to get rid of it before the reason costs them money?

Pity there's no site that lists when a car was last on Donedeal, and for how much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm put off by the ropey surroundings.

Is it too much to expect that a luxury vehicle could be shot in a less dodgy looking area?

Artane isn't that bad sure.

It's an industrial estate or at worse a yard with commercial units......whats dodgy about the location? The car is the same regardless of where the for sale pics are taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Augeo wrote: »
    It's an industrial estate or at worse a yard with commercial units......whats dodgy about the location? The car is the same regardless of where the for sale pics are taken.

It's not dodgy, it just looks a lot better when the car is presented a bit better. You could take pics in O'Devaneys flats or drive 5 mins and take them in the Phoenix Park. One stands out and gives confidence, the others don't. Take 10 minutes extra to ensure the photos are decent and from proper angles and you make the car more attractive, as well as widening your potential audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The funniest pictures are the ones taken outside the gates of well kept country houses, they reek of bluff.

I often wonder how many fellas have been caught taking pictures in the driveways of the stone houses they have chosen to use as a backdrop. It's one thing to take a 4WD into a field or next to a river but putting an overpriced 15 year old banger in front of a strangers house takes a lot of neck.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

Putting this up more for posterity and as a range finder. As they're rare/money pits. I consider them a barge.

R Class 2009, 140k miles, NCT to 2 Jan 21, Road tax - correction €2,350 pa. (But who'd be brave enough to pay an R Class motor tax annually !) Bodywork a little damaged ? €4,999

ODQ4N2Y0OTdhODY3NmUyNGNjYTYzYzc0MTIzZGU1NmXIIqbu40wDpRHCtV0isXpDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTU3MzU1MjB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-r-class-3-0-v6-cdi-4x4-nct-01-2021/25859820

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Road tax 2450? I thought the highest rate was 2305? Though admittedly at that rate its not very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭pah

Christ the tax :eek: I have need of a7 seater, would consider something like this around the 1500 tax bracket but that's too much

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

pah wrote: »
    Christ the tax :eek: I have need of a7 seater, would consider something like this around the 1500 tax bracket but that's too much

I'd like it. It somehow gives the vibe of an old 7 seat W124 or W123 - but I'd say it would break your heart like a woman with BPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

That R class would be ideal for a commercial conversion, if that's still a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Pre-co2 tax they are a serious nice package. They use the same platform as the ML and GL, but can be spec’d pretty much as well as an S Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Idbatterim wrote: »
    it actually seems like these cars have had their asking prices INCREASED! A mate was getting itch to change a few weeks ago, around a 2010 a4 / a6, they have come down drastically in price in the matter of a few weeks, the cheaper ones anyway. it seems most cars hold up to a certain point, then there is a big drop, when a few sellers actually have to move on their car and accept the actual value, particularly if they are desperate for money or already have their new replacement car. Delighted with how much he has saved!

I wouldnt be bothered spending that money on an older s class swb with the 3l diesel engine and non facelift. Better buy a 2010 like the below... the max tax those cars are worth in diesel , is E75o IMO...

the below example is lovely...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-mercedes-benz-s-350/26179479

Cartman is yours a LWB? how you finding it and one question, there is no aux point etc in my car, there is bluetooth, but I believe bluetooth on for the phone is that right, I cant stream music via the bluetooth?

Mine is LWB. For the audio I found the iPod module with the retrofit harness for 40 quid on eBay, fitted it in about 30 mins and had the coding done to 'enable aux' , then connected a bovee 1000 to allow me to stream bluetooth audio. Works perfect with track titles displayed in the cluster and the steering controls work.
    traco wrote: »
    Mine has a buetooth in the command but its not for phone or music. For phone you should have a bluetooth puck in the center arm rest that plugs into the phone connection. Connecting to the command bluetooth does nothing.

I have a white 37 pin Ipod connector in the glovebox and that works with an old iPod. I did buy a bovee 1000 bluetooth thing. This didn't work and I think its that the white cable doesn't supply the voltage needed for the Bovee. I believe if you have the newer black 37 pin ipod cable it will work with the Bovee units.

If you select "Audio" what options do you get in the command. The extra inputs if they aren't there will need to be turned on via star in the command module

mine has the white connector from the 'iPod module 1' and powers the bovee, possible your iPod module or the bovee itself is faulty.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-740li/26501377

N2Y4YmY0MjlkMjQ5ODBiMGQ2ODQ3NTBmNTZiMGRiYmOROAMYmYnnbtUHEuhQpKDWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjIyMTEyNzB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is an impressive car for €10k, although it looks a bit down at the heel to me

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those horrid wheels would be first thing to go anyway imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Id take the S350 a page back some car for 10k!!

bazz26 wrote: »
    Those horrid wheels would be first thing to go anyway imo.

Yeah. Awful. I think they’re off a current model X3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Yeah. Awful. I think they’re off a current model X3

New BMW wheels with their tiny spokes are fûcking awful. They need to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-740li/26501377

N2Y4YmY0MjlkMjQ5ODBiMGQ2ODQ3NTBmNTZiMGRiYmOROAMYmYnnbtUHEuhQpKDWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjIyMTEyNzB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is an impressive car for €10k, although it looks a bit down at the heel to me

Gone already

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26545116

Photos arent great but
    2004 Ramge rover vogue, its the bmw TD6 engine, 333 tax, doe’d till april 2021 and taxed till march 2021

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26545116

Photos arent great but
    2004 Ramge rover vogue, its the bmw TD6 engine, 333 tax, doe’d till april 2021 and taxed till march 2021

How is that a barge?

It is a van, with commercial tax, with other requirements for insurance and legal niceties to continue with the current tax rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭User1998

Its a 5 seater commercial, not a van. And the same can be said about all the Mercedes posted with PSV tax

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Gone already
    Still showing as for sale on Donedeal I see. Seller should remove ad if it is already sold in reality though.

Out of curiosity what is the little metal thing towards the front of the nearside wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Still showing as for sale on Donedeal I see. Seller should remove ad if it is already sold in reality though.

Out of curiosity what is the little metal thing towards the front of the nearside wing.

Flag holder for a head of state.

Obviously an ex diplomatic or state car

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

User1998 wrote: »
    Its a 5 seater commercial, not a van. And the same can be said about all the Mercedes posted with PSV tax

Exactly.

A taxi or PSV is not a barge, nor is van. A taxi or PSC or 5 seater commercial is a tax fiddle - not open to everyone.

They need to change that €333 tax rate. There is no justification for it anymore - not that there ever was.

Exactly.

A taxi or PSV is not a barge, nor is van. A taxi or PSC or 5 seater commercial is a tax fiddle - not open to everyone.

They need to change that €333 tax rate. There is no justification for it anymore - not that there ever was.

I use my range rover as my daily business vehicle, its used for business 99% of the time , you can get a photocopier in the back without removing the feeder, you can get a half height server cabinet into it, it has almost as much carrying space as a Vw caddy but can go up the side of a muddy hill to a radio mast etc.. and allows vat reclaim on fuel and ownership as a business expense. Comercially taxed 4x4s have legitimate uses for business .

• Advertisement

I use my range rover as my daily business vehicle, its used for business 99% of the time , you can get a photocopier in the back without removing the feeder, you can get a half height server cabinet into it, it has almost as much carrying space as a Vw caddy but can go up the side of a muddy hill to a radio mast etc.. and allows vat reclaim on fuel and ownership as a business expense. Comercially taxed 4x4s have legitimate uses for business .

True.

But they are not barges, no more than a coach that can carry 30 passengers is a barge. Great for a works outing, but not a barge.

I would think of a Ford Transit or the VW Transporter as the van of choice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement