Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Philip M5

E36Ross wrote: »
    Always assumed admin fee was €500!

Its actually €100, My own 2006 S Class would get a rebate of €950 and I can claim the tax back also. (6 months roughly another €900ish)

So €1,850 in total and I still have the price of the car.

Yet its on DoneDeal for €2,500 and not one serious enquiry.

Any link to your ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26605489

Not really a bargain but there’s no where else to post it.

2008 W221, soggy arse, you’ll be lucky owner 12.

€4950

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

What a fall from grace.

The ad does have a genuine-ish air to it at least

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I Was VB wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26605489

Not really a bargain but there’s no where else to post it.

2008 W221, soggy arse, you’ll be lucky owner 12.

€4950

Jeez, put a tenner diesel into it just to clear that warning :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

What a legend circumventing the tax! Is it worth it at e1200 though... depends on risk factor in your area and how much driving you do i suppose...

I also believe the e1200 rate is now 1250. Cc rate stayed the same of e1494...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Idbatterim wrote: »
    What a legend circumventing the tax!

It may have been parked up a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Idbatterim wrote: »
    What a legend circumventing the tax! Is it worth it at e1200 though... depends on risk factor in your area and how much driving you do i suppose...

I also believe the e1200 rate is now 1250. Cc rate stayed the same of e1494...

Circumvent = evade = not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Jeez, put a tenner diesel into it just to clear that warning :rolleyes:
    I have to say any photo of the instrument panel with the fuel light/ low fuel warning on tends to put me right off a car. Unwarranted you may say but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have to say any photo of the instrument panel with the fuel light/ low fuel warning on tends to put me right off a car. Unwarranted you may say but that's just me.
    If it's petrol, I wouldn't care, but I agree, as it's not meant to be good for the engine of diesel cars to be low on diesel. And this could have been left low for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'd say Ronan will be kicking himself when he reads that.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

the_syco wrote: »
    If it's petrol, I wouldn't care, but I agree, as it's not meant to be good for the engine of diesel cars to be low on diesel. And this could have been left low for a bit.
    It's not even from the point of view of any potential damage that may be caused from running a car that very low of fuel, just whacks of cheapskate to me. What else was scrimped on I'd be wondering.
    I'd say Ronan will be kicking himself when he reads that.
    Oh yeah, whatever.

Lads perusing 10 to 15 year old mercs with no intention of buying ....... No cheapskates in here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭traco

No such thing as a cheap S Class, the purchase price is just the admission fee to the top tier wallet melting Stuttgart barge club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭KevRossi

traco wrote: »
    No such thing as a cheap S Class, the purchase price is just the admission fee to the top tier wallet melting Stuttgart barge club.

Agreed. If you want a cheap-to-run barge, get a Lexus.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

When I buy a car, I always insist on a full tank of fuel. A small discount but it matters that I do not run out of fuel on the way home, or I cannot find the button or whatever opens the fuel cap.

It would also be a large courtesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I think most dealers would be remiss to even leave a 10ers worth of fuel in a car on a forecourt, its dead money to them. Most people trade in cars running on fumes. Id ask for a tank after buying the car but it wouldn't put me off in the ad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

KevRossi wrote: »
    Agreed. If you want a cheap-to-run barge, get a Lexus.

Or perhaps look for something that floats in the Grand Canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I think most dealers would be remiss to even leave a 10ers worth of fuel in a car on a forecourt, its dead money to them. Most people trade in cars running on fumes. Id ask for a tank after buying the car but it wouldn't put me off in the ad.

Car dealer told me once, that they leave very little fuel in the forecourt cars because it means if car is stolen, it won't get far without a re-fuel (where they will be caught on CCTV).

I think it might have been the same occasion where I had an Alfa 166 out on test drive and it actually ran out of juice. (Luckily salesman was with me in the car.)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The dealer was talking crap. The cars are all low because anything with fuel gets used as a runabout.
    I had an alfa 166 and i ran out of fuel twice because the gauge and computer were so far wrong.
    Dash showing 40 miles range, then out of fuel.

After i learned my lesson with it, 100 miles range was treated as zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

That's nice especially the red leather, did they find the computer in a ditch though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Or perhaps look for something that floats in the Grand Canal.
    Empty tins of Bavaria? About as close as I'll get to a Beemer ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Truckermal wrote: »
    That's nice especially the red leather, did they find the computer in a ditch though?

Says it has 12 months tax, which means it's actual value is about €1300.

That can't be right. Limo tax maybe? Or just talking shyte? Ad needs fullstops as well.

I'd love to get one to replace the RX, always promised myself one when they came out, but they have serious reliability issues, especially the earlier ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭trellheim

why tax it with 12 months and then flog it as you say limo tax is the only thing that makes any sense ? at 225,000 miles there's only a few people who'd buy it with that leather

playstation 3 in a compartment and its of its time wonder if its still got the controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭ofcork

Wheels are wrong look like c class wheels too small anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭pah

trellheim wrote: »
    why tax it with 12 months and then flog it as you say limo tax is the only thing that makes any sense ? at 225,000 miles there's only a few people who'd buy it with that leather

playstation 3 in a compartment and its of its time wonder if its still got the controllers

Playstation 2 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

bought an s class off him earlier this year, more than likely a trade in with limo tax, i love the colour of the interior, like a mk2 jag

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-750-li-4-8-v8-378-bhp-2007/26640633

MGRhYTc1M2JiNThiYjRkMGE5YjIzMTg2ZmY3NDZlY2WYcGcpTpT97qj9fuA80fIRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjM2NjE2ODd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Absolutely terrible ad, but an 07 750Li for €4700

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Saw that a few days ago, interesting to see he's done an M5 V10 engine swap. :pac:

Even referring to the previous generation S62 he's still way off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

trellheim wrote: »

Driver's seat looks damaged. Big gap at the top right and the left hand side look like there are burns or similar marks on the left side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement