Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Just got a code......and I'm in work of course

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

Now that new codes have gone out, does anyone have a spare PC code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Just got a code......and I'm in work of course

I feel your pain. Just got my code, watching it download, and now I have to leave for work...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Dcully wrote: »
    Ok ive now played about 5 hours, and it gets worse the more i play.
    People going mad for a key really arent missing anything.
    Im baffled how anyone can enjoy shooting bots over and over, even worse is the bots just stand there or crouch in the middle of the street doing nothing,it really is laughable.
    Dont waste your money on this guys, especially PC gamers who have literally countless better shooters to play.
    Titanfall = shoot mindless bots rinse - repeat.

So my fear for the game is true... meh, I guess PS4 gets the better shooter after all with planetside 2.

How are others finding the whole bot thing after playing for a good few hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Dcully wrote: »
    Ok ive now played about 5 hours, and it gets worse the more i play.
    People going mad for a key really arent missing anything.
    Im baffled how anyone can enjoy shooting bots over and over, even worse is the bots just stand there or crouch in the middle of the street doing nothing,it really is laughable.
    Dont waste your money on this guys, especially PC gamers who have literally countless better shooters to play.
    Titanfall = shoot mindless bots rinse - repeat.

They need to balance it a bit more, I feel the 6v6 is in place for when titans are on the ground. At which time 6v6 is plenty. for infantry it is too low. Ai is dumb but that can be ramped up, it might be tied to rank experience and is bad because everyone playing is bad right now.

In last titan standing mode 6 is just right. But for death match or capture the flag it could handle maybe 9v9 if they looked at balancing the titans so not everyone gets their titans at the same time.

Titans do blow up quickly thankfully so there is a healthy turn over to keep numbers down.

But overall it's very cod like, you go and do your own thing then hope the team wins. No team play at all.

Anyway it's just a beta with 1 map and limited game modes. I would be slow to judge it fully. Imagine you played the bf3 metro beta and wrote it off as a terrible game where you run down a corridor into a frag fest get killed and repeat.

Game will still be huge it does do a lot different for that market. Twitch shooters are very limited and this is better than cod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Nice one. Got mine :)

sitting watching the % bar moving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It's only the fact that certain posters made out Titanfall to be the be all and end off of games for the next gen consoles, with one particular poster, you can guess, who used to just post "Titanfall" to end discussion that can't handle any criticism against since they bet the house on the game.

To me I've watched a few videos, one with the smart pistol, and I think it's just like COD. Not so visually impressive and not much skill involved.

I never liked COD since it's a casual shooter, so I guess this was never to be my thing either.

Have you even played it or just seen a video? I was lucky enough to play it because I have an xbox one and I think all the awards it won at E3 were well deserved. Really looking forward to the full game in March.

CoD is the most successful fps of all time so titanfall being like CoD is a good thing in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

If anyone is looking for one please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,329 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

How do I go from 32 to 64 windows 7. I seem to have 32 installed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

K7FJW-6TGQ9-6HMPW-JXXWD-9WF9Z
    Got this extra code for xb1 for anyone who needs It

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    How do I go from 32 to 64 windows 7. I seem to have 32 installed :(

Unfortunately, you're going to have to back up everything and install a 64 bit Windows over the 32 bit. I had to do the same thing a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Magill wrote: »
    So my fear for the game is true... meh, I guess PS4 gets the better shooter after all with planetside 2.

How are others finding the whole bot thing after playing for a good few hours ?

Bots are fine they are mainly just to fill space so the maps don't seem empty. Human players show differently on the map so just go to where they are to get your kills and you won't even notice to bots.

You have three tiers of bots from the easy to kill grunts up to the smarter harder to kill ones.

Planetside is a very different game for a very different market.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

CoD is the most successful fps of all time so titanfall being like CoD is a good thing in my opinion.

Why? Surely you could just get cod then. Titanfall being amazing, but different is surely what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I feel your pain. Just got my code, watching it download, and now I have to leave for work...

I wish I could start the download and have it ready for when I went home!

Unfortunately, you're going to have to back up everything and install a 64 bit Windows over the 32 bit. I had to do the same thing a few months back.

Can I download it ? All I have on the PC is steam games, so if I lost all them I can just reinstall. I knew I should have put win 7 64 originally :(

Can I download it ? All I have on the PC is steam games, so if I lost all them I can just reinstall. I knew I should have put win 7 64 originally :(

You could be able to download it through less legal means, but it's fairly complicated. If you know someone with a disc-based Win7 then you can just install it from their disc and then grab a key-gen from somewhere.

I feel your pain, I had 32 bit installed on a "friend's" advice (The guy was apparently very tech savvy, at least in his own opinion) and then BF4 came out and I had to install over it. The same guy who told me to install 32 bit then thought it would be hilarious to tell me that I was an idiot for doing that in the first place. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Just got mine too, waiting for it to download now. I've been unsure whether I want to pre-order it or not so hopefully this will make my mind up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

I installed Windows 7 64 it about 30 minute ago for this, I partitioned a part of the harddrive and have 32 bit and 64 bit installed on it. It's VERY easy to illegally do it with a USB stick. I was honestly shocked how easy it was. You don't have to wipe your drive to get 64bit. But you will be cutting off part of you harddrive(Which is fine by me) to have 2 os's on it.(You can still use it to store media files and downloads on and stuff)

Something really strange happened and is still happening too. My D/L speed is 3MB/s. When I started Downloading Titanfall it went up to 15MB/s. I thought it might be just a weird error but no, it started downloading the game at that speed up tot about 10% before dropping back to 3MB/s. Now it's going between 2.5MB and 7 MB/s. This is a beautiful gift :D

Does this have something to do with 64bit?? I'm so confused

Edit - It went up to 30MB/s, my Download is finished...

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

I've two spare codes if anyone wants them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The key for Windows 7 is the same for 32/64, and you can download the 64 bit version legally for free off Microsoft.

Figure out which version of Windows 7 you've got and then just download the 64 bit version of that.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso

Windows 7 Professional 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59186.iso

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit: [URL="Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso"]http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso[/URL]

• Advertisement

You could be able to download it through less legal means, but it's fairly complicated. If you know someone with a disc-based Win7 then you can just install it from their disc and then grab a key-gen from somewhere.

I feel your pain, I had 32 bit installed on a "friend's" advice (The guy was apparently very tech savvy, at least in his own opinion) and then BF4 came out and I had to install over it. The same guy who told me to install 32 bit then thought it would be hilarious to tell me that I was an idiot for doing that in the first place. :rolleyes:

Same with me, I bought a decent PC, but a friend gave me the copy of windows, even thou I said I would happily pay for a full version after spending so much on the PC anyway. Well it's coming back to haunt me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How big is the beta download?

I'm pretty sure it's only about 4GB, it says 12GB but after downloading the 12GB I had only downloaded 4GB.

I've played a few games and so far all I can say is it's a decent game, definitely not brilliant or game changing. I'm finding the bots are very annoying. There's so many of them and they're so easy to kill, it just wastes my ammunition shooting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

I'm at 53%, does it have to go to 100% before it's playable ?
    Also, thanks for the code podgemk !!!

Varik wrote: »
    The key for Windows 7 is the same for 32/64, and you can download the 64 bit version legally for free off Microsoft.

Figure out which version of Windows 7 you've got and then just download the 64 bit version of that.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso

Windows 7 Professional 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59186.iso

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit: [URL="Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso"]http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso[/URL]

Any difference in them ? I have a dodgy copy installed but would gladly pay, any issue if I try to install these ?

I rarely use the PC after spending a nice bit on it, just have no space to put in my sitting room, and the back room is a bit cold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

This game is AWESOME. It takes a few games to get into it. Great fun, very smooth FPS. Make sure you do the training mission first.

This is a cod style of game but definitely next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Aahh!

If anyone has a spare code can you please send it to me?

I will forever be grateful... seriously!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ejector seat + Nuke = 5 enemy titan dead.

I was getting shot up in the city map so I ran at them with the shield up and then just fired until the "E" to eject showed up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Just got my code now! Woop woop!

good stuff, all of us in clan have titanfall as well so a few epic games are due later :)

the download is 12gb I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Still haven't been sent my PC beta code.. I signed up day 1 ffs! :mad:

I hate asking but if anyone has a spare code there not using send me a PM and i'll take it.
    And if they do PM after I get a code i'll post my code up here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Keep it friendly folks, don't want to have to issue more infractions or bans.

Advertisement