Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Dcully wrote: »
    Do you really think it will change much from now? trust me it wont, no fps ever does.
    Its a gaming forum, im discussing the game,if you have a problem with that leave or grow a pair.
    Did you get out of bed the wrong side or what? :rolleyes:

You really like using the roll eyes emoticon don't you? I did grow a pair, I told you to shut up because I'm bored of you repeating that you don't like the game. Why don't you uninstall it if you're not happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm enjoying it but it's nothing groundbreaking. The bots are retarded but Really like the level design and weapons..If 6v6 is the max player count on the PC it could become very boring very quickly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You really like using the roll eyes emoticon don't you? I did grow a pair, I told you to shut up because I'm bored of you repeating that you don't like the game. Why don't you uninstall it if you're not happy with it.

Some people are even beyond debating with :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm enjoying it but it's nothing groundbreaking. The bots are retarded but Really like the level design and weapons..If 6v6 is the max player count on the PC it could become very boring very quickly.

Yeah the level design is pretty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just got my code now! Woop woop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just got my code yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

same here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

just got my code too :D is it invidia or amd optimized ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Same here yay

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just got my code yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Would be funny if you hated it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The game had server issues yesterday that prevented me from playing and the real tell is I didn't care.

The game outside of the server issues runs exceptionally well, and with zero lag or netcode issues; bar an unusually high ping for me. It's just not that much of an improvement over any other FPS, it's not going to take CODs crown or usurp Battlefield ( even if it deserves a kick for BF4).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm in :) Time to DL

• Registered Users Posts: 28 xfireblade

got one, nice one:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Cienciano wrote: »
    Bloody hell, any negative in the titanfall jerkcircle and you'll be flamed.
    Isnt criticism allowed?

It's only the fact that certain posters made out Titanfall to be the be all and end off of games for the next gen consoles, with one particular poster, you can guess, who used to just post "Titanfall" to end discussion that can't handle any criticism against since they bet the house on the game.

To me I've watched a few videos, one with the smart pistol, and I think it's just like COD. Not so visually impressive and not much skill involved.

I never liked COD since it's a casual shooter, so I guess this was never to be my thing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I played 3 hours of it. Level 9 now. I'm not as impressed as I was when I first played it. Have thought about it for a few hours on and off after switching the game off.

I'm going to pretend I didn't lag for me.

It definitely isn't ground breaking and definitely isn't the game alot were hoping for. Microsoft may well be in trouble if they pinned all their hopes on this game being the Halo of Xbox One.

There are some things I found clever. The evac side of the game is a nice idea. It kinda feels like a mini game after the game has ended. The Titans are interesting but found them far too easy to take down. The AI bots are irritating. They are pretty retarded just like what was said above.

I quite enjoy the fact you can manoeuvre yourself across the environment on foot. It does add an extra element to the game. It took me a while to get the hang of utilizing these skills and still not quite there but I'm rusty on FPS's in general but moreso on PC.

6v6 isn't enough, but I haven't read enough into the game to know if 6v6 will be the final product on release. I liked one of the maps, the research facility or whatever it is. I didn't particular like the city one.

I only played 3 hours and it was all Attrition so honestly haven't played long enough to give a proper opinion nor played all the modes.

It's decent but definitely not something I'd be buying a console for.

I won't be buying it on release as I'm in Australia. Microsoft have screwed Australia and New Zealand over and don't have data centres in either country yet so the lag most likely won't improve for me until they do. But I would probably buy it when it does and play it casually.

There's still nothing to persuade me to buy an Xbox One over a PS4. Titanfall definitely hasn't changed that but I'm not going to write the game off yet. I'll try all the modes out and give it some more time before casting it aside.

As was mentioned by someone else, it's not possible to say 'it's just the beta' as unless it's just a broken mechanic the game isn't going to change too much before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus. It's 60 euro to pre-order the standard edition on Origin.

Any idea of the size?
    5gb I think

• Registered Users Posts: 28 xfireblade

how long is the beta lasting? I just got a code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nolars wrote: »
    Any idea of the size?
    5gb I think

around the 5GB mark I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How big is the beta download?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Got my code now the waiting part while I stare at the screen lol
    1%

Just over 12gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How big is the beta download?

It says 12gb but not sure if it is. My speedtest download speed is supposed to be 33mb/s but it was hitting 48mb/s on Origin. The game downloaded in about 15 mins.

The folder size is 12.3gb. Origin just runs really well I guess?? I didn't screenshot 48mb/s but it definitely downloaded at that speed.

Got my code now the waiting part while I stare at the screen lol
    1%

3% here. Wouldn't mind partying up if anyone else is up for it later. same GT as here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got my code. Downloading now but have to go meet the lads for a while god damit. Oh well the missus will be lonely later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

18% here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

Just got a code , now waiting for x1 to update .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ping seems to be back down, it's generally at 30 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

got mine, whoop whoop!
    as my wife says old are you...

40 with two kids so what....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

The European data centres seem to be in Ireland so we're always going to get the best pings.

Advertisement