Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is a nose ring like the one Rhea Ripley has not a serious hazard in the ring? It wouldnt take much of a stiff shot to leave that square up your nose would it not

• Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You would think that. I'm sure rings aren't meant to be worn either or should be taped if they are worn. Just thought that when I saw Bianca Belair with hers on last week.
    But Rhea's not the first. Albert for one.
    I thought Rhea's ring gear would be an issue as well, with so many studs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Always used to wonder that too, speaking from someone who has their nose pierced I'd imagine it's a plastic ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

That reminds me, wasn't it JR who was dead set against wrestlers with piercings?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Didn't wrestlers who had rings on their fingers used to tape them up ?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Didn't wrestlers who had rings on their fingers used to tape them up ?

Why would they ever wear a ring on their finger out to the ring

At least any sort of ear or nose ring can be awkward to take out, having a ring on your finger is just stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Why would they ever wear a ring on their finger out to the ring

At least any sort of ear or nose ring can be awkward to take out, having a ring on your finger is just stupid

Or a stretch like Jeff Hardy... I mean he should have know Orton would target them....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,173 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/player/show/1615/0/0/Donncha-O%27-Callaghan-Game-Over

Former Irish and Munster Rugby player Donncha o Callaghan does a short wwe trial down in NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/player/show/1615/0/0/Donncha-O%27-Callaghan-Game-Over

Former Irish and Munster Rugby player Donncha o Callaghan does a short wwe trial down in NXT

It was for a tv show though. So don't be expecting him coming down the aisle any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It was for a tv show though. So don't be expecting him coming down the aisle any time soon

A bodyguard for Becky :p her Diesel, Garda Donncha

Was Donncha O’Callaghan's Game Over a once off or series, it was enjoyable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Probably just me, but listening to today's Talk is Jericho, I really thought JR came across as a bit of a prick. Sounded a bit langers to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Probably just me, but listening to today's Talk is Jericho, I really thought JR came across as a bit of a prick. Sounded a bit langers to be fair

Wouldn't go against stories we've heard about JR. Not that he's an Uber wanker or anything but definitely not the same person as the character he portrayed which is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I can now understand why Vince and co constantly embarrassed JR as by many he's regarded as a bit of a wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Watched an old shoot with Ole Anderson last night. I thought he told a very funny story about Harley Race.

In Ole's first yr in the business he travelled with Harley Race. Harley was legendary for speeding.

Late one night on a country road Ole was asleep when he was suddenly jolted awake by a bump.

"Fck', Harley exclaimed.

They'd been caught in a speed trap. Back in the 60s Police would place two hose pipes across the road 20 yrds apart. They'd then clock the time it took to travel between the two hoses to the determine if the car was speeding or not.

Harley said' here kid you drive', and slipped over across the seat without stopping the car. As blue lights flashed from behind the car pulled over with Ole now behind the wheel. The Cop gave him a lecture and 25 dollar fine. Afterwards Race explained that he was going to lose his licence if caught speeding again

The next day at the show Harley walked up to Ole, stuffed 300 dollars in his pocket and said 'that's for last night kid."

They never rode together again.

I see Braun's girlfriend is acting as Nick Aldis' insurance policy in RoH. I guess he assumes if someone somehow makes it through her, then Braun mightn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched an old shoot with Ole Anderson last night. I thought he told a very funny story about Harley Race.

In Ole's first yr in the business he travelled with Harley Race. Harley was legendary for speeding.

Late one night on a country road Ole was asleep when he was suddenly jolted awake by a bump.

"Fck', Harley exclaimed.

They'd been caught in a speed trap. Back in the 60s Police would place two hose pipes across the road 20 yrds apart. They'd then clock the time it took to travel between the two hoses to the determine if the car was speeding or not.

Harley said' here kid you drive', and slipped over across the seat without stopping the car. As blue lights flashed from behind the car pulled over with Ole now behind the wheel. The Cop gave him a lecture and 25 dollar fine. Afterwards Race explained that he was going to lose his licence if caught speeding again

The next day at the show Harley walked up to Ole, stuffed 300 dollars in his pocket and said 'that's for last night kid."

They never rode together again.

Was ole happy when he told this story ? He's the most cantankerous wrestler I've ever heard talk. He hates most people he worked with.

But yeah some of the stories of what went on during the territory days was unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

TimesArrow wrote: »

I don’t know how you came to that conclusion, I thought he came across really well. Had me genuinely in stitches with some of his anecdotes. It actually made me long for the days of him and old school Lawler calling the action. A far far cry from the dross we are now served up from Cole and co. (Though I realise the blame doesn’t necessarily lie with the actual commentators, but rather the production behind them)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 here asked a week or so ago, when would WWE have a trans wrestler. Well... AEW are maybe ahead of the curve. Nyla Rose is the first Trans wrestler signed by a "major league" company.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/02/08/nyla-rose-trans-all-elite-wrestling/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,173 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

PTH2009 here asked a week or so ago, when would WWE have a trans wrestler. Well... AEW are maybe ahead of the curve. Nyla Rose is the first Trans wrestler signed by a "major league" company.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/02/08/nyla-rose-trans-all-elite-wrestling/amp/

As someone said in one of the AEW forums it's not hyped too death

Imagine what way WWE would milk it ??

Is sonny kiss not trans too ??

I believe Sonny is just openly gay.
    I did notice he had a wee comment about Sonny being for everyone. Sound familiar?

At the same time Sonya Deville is openly gay as well but they haven't tried milking that, that I know of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There isn't any maybe about it, They are ahead of the curve, though I'm sure there are plenty more trans wrestlers on the scene around the world who could see AEW as an opportunity.
    As someone said in one of the AEW forums it's not hyped too death

Imagine what way WWE would milk it ??

Is sonny kiss not trans too ??

That would be me who made the point about it not hyped to death. With WWE it'd be hyped as a historic first, never done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People saying WWE would run the LGBT angle into the ground yet it's just been mentioned that Sonya Deville is gay and they never bring it up. Up until only recently Darren Young was on the roster and they never mentioned anything about him on tv either.

Omackeral wrote: »
    People saying WWE would run the LGBT angle into the ground yet it's just been mentioned that Sonya Deville is gay and they never bring it up. Up until only recently Darren Young was on the roster and they never mentioned anything about him on tv either.

In regards to Sonya I would say give it time. If they decide to push her they'll run it into the ground that she's gay.

Omackeral wrote: »

Remember the rumours that Balor was going to be gay on screen? Thankfully they were only rumours and I hope it was just dirtsheet bs in any case

Remember the rumours that Balor was going to be gay on screen? Thankfully they were only rumours and I hope it was just dirtsheet bs in any case

I'd believe that and think it's probably a reason why he hasn't been pushed more. I don't mean that in a negative sense, moreso just a reality that if you don't play ball with them while also not having any ideas that you can bring to them, they're not going to use you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Wouldn't go against stories we've heard about JR. Not that he's an Uber wanker or anything but definitely not the same person as the character he portrayed which is fine.

Whenever JR has a female on his show he gets creepy as fcuk.
    He always asks them if they're dating anyone, if the person they're dating is in the the business.

I can't remember who he was interviewing one time but he started sounding really, really dirty, as in horny. He was describing how he worked with all these girls in the offices at WCW and the day Great Muta came in to sign a contract or whatever and JR said:

"Muta walked down the hallway, he was tanned, this is when he had hair, a handsome son of a gun, in great shape. All of the ladies in the building were transfixed. Fixing their hair, asking him if he needed anything. You could almost see their wetness."

Jesus Christ!

And another time he was talking about how he was out for a business lunch with The Rock before Rock signed with WWF.

"All of the ladies in the restaurant, they thought a Greek god had just walked in. The waitress serving us, let's just say she was smitten. They may have needed to mop up that floor after she was done, I tell ya."

He always struck me as an innocent, avuncular kind of chap during the Attitude days, but when you hear him on the podcast, sometimes he's downright sleazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is it just me or does Vince Snr look like Neil Young?

CE7NaiJt_400x400.jpg
    neil.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The Nal wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Vince Snr look like Neil Young?

CE7NaiJt_400x400.jpg
    neil.png

I always thought that Neil Young looked like Walder Frey from Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

He's been on the road in the pro-wrestling industry for at least 40 years, not a surprise that he's a sleazy fecker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

sirmanga wrote: »
    Whenever JR has a female on his show he gets creepy as fcuk.
    He always asks them if they're dating anyone, if the person they're dating is in the the business.

I can't remember who he was interviewing one time but he started sounding really, really dirty, as in horny. He was describing how he worked with all these girls in the offices at WCW and the day Great Muta came in to sign a contract or whatever and JR said:

"Muta walked down the hallway, he was tanned, this is when he had hair, a handsome son of a gun, in great shape. All of the ladies in the building were transfixed. Fixing their hair, asking him if he needed anything. You could almost see their wetness."

Jesus Christ!

And another time he was talking about how he was out for a business lunch with The Rock before Rock signed with WWF.

"All of the ladies in the restaurant, they thought a Greek god had just walked in. The waitress serving us, let's just say she was smitten. They may have needed to mop up that floor after she was done, I tell ya."

He always struck me as an innocent, avuncular kind of chap during the Attitude days, but when you hear him on the podcast, sometimes he's downright sleazy.

Agreed. Hearing him interview Lita & other women on the show is downright uncomfortable. Just has an air to him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement