Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I've never been into star ratings at all people get so into them and angry at others just doesn't seem worth the time and hassle to care so much

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's such a 2 and a half star comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Thing about listening to Meltzer is, kinda, like you know, he's the kind of guy who, you know, I wanna say, but if you listen to him, I, the thing with him is, it's like, you know, he's gonna tell you, you know, basically, you know, the thing about him is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

turdball wrote: »
    Walking out with the Stone cold theme song :D

Yeah sure just swap it in and see if anyone notices

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sirmanga wrote: »
    Thing about listening to Meltzer is, kinda, like you know, he's the kind of guy who, you know, I wanna say, but if you listen to him, I, the thing with him is, it's like, you know, he's gonna tell you, you know, basically, you know, the thing about him is...

My favourite Meltzer comment was the first time Raw was in Chicago after Punk walked out, he actually posted "There's a 50/50 chance Punk will return to Raw tonight".

FFS, talk about covering his bases... and people swear by this sham.

No doubt pre-internet days he had some stroke and definitely had insider information but these days he's just an absolute bluffer.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    My favourite Meltzer comment was the first time Raw was in Chicago after Punk walked out, he actually posted "There's a 50/50 chance Punk will return to Raw tonight".

FFS, talk about covering his bases... and people swear by this sham.

No doubt pre-internet days he had some stroke and definitely had insider information but these days he's just an absolute bluffer.

And it's a good thing the man writes for a living because he can't string a sentence together without tripping over his words. It's painful to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

And it's a good thing the man writes for a living because he can't string a sentence together without tripping over his words. It's painful to listen to.

Yeah, he's really struggling

brianblaze wrote: »

Showing me a link to his net worth?

I don't get it.
    I said it's a good thing he can write, because he can't talk. I didn't say he was on the bread line.

Showing me a link to his net worth?

I don't get it.
    I said it's a good thing he can write, because he can't talk. I didn't say he was on the bread line.

True, sorry, that's totally off point.

I like Dave's podcasts, half of the entertainment is him struggling! He's a writer, not a talker, for sure!

You know the one thing that ive only realized when listening to conrad list off some of the old observers is how much he really said some terrible things in the 90s about some of the wrestlers especially the woman. Even goldust he slaughtered a lot which is funny considering he seems so close to cody right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't care for the Royal Rumble save where you land on your back on the floor but it doesn't count because your feet are up. If you're on your back and your butt is touching the ground, I consider that an elimination.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I don't care for the Royal Rumble save where you land on your back on the floor but it doesn't count because your feet are up. If you're on your back and your butt is touching the ground, I consider that an elimination.

i dont mind it as long as it doesnt matter to the result and is only for a cool spot

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd agree with this, seems crazy that it's based off simply the feet and not the rest of the body.

Being knocked off the apron onto the announce table or guard rail is different, but if you fall to the floor after going over the top rope you're gone in my eyes anyways.

The whole two feet thing is stupid.

By that logic, Kerry Von Erich and Zach Gowen have both won the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The two feet thing has been done to death at this stage. Like Kofi this year, twice he avoided elimination with hi jinks - did he jump purposely onto Xavier's back at one stage to mess about with teasing his feet touching the floor?

When you see it now every rumble match, and multiple times in the one night, it's flogging a dead horse.

Vince would know nothing about that though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Inflatable paddling pool around the ring, if you're in the drink you're gone! Be fun too!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    When you see it now every rumble match, and multiple times in the one night, it's flogging a dead horse.

Don't you mean "Skinning the cat"? :) That's another thing that's overdone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will we ever see another inferno match?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Will we ever see another inferno match?

Hopefully not, has there ever been a good one? Only ones I remember were all muck. Like looking forward to getting rockets at Halloween and ending up with sparklers.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't you mean "Skinning the cat"? :) That's another thing that's overdone.

It is but at least its somewhat logical! Remember when it was only HBK would do it? It never seemed over the top back then though

• Advertisement

Yeah I remember the first time he did it. But now everyone does it. The one thing that really gets me is it seems no participants have ever watched or taken part in a rumble or battle royal before. Throw them over the top rope and walk away before making sure they're eliminated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah I remember the first time he did it. But now everyone does it. The one thing that really gets me is it seems no participants have ever watched or taken part in a rumble or battle royal before. Throw them over the top rope and walk away before making sure they're eliminated.

I figure if you throw someone over you need to get away from the ropes in case someone else could knock you out? Near ropes is danger area in theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Inflatable paddling pool around the ring, if you're in the drink you're gone! Be fun too!

Sounds like something Joey Ryan would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The both feet touching the ground has been done to death. It started in 1995 where HBK stayed in at the end and if your body is on the floor outside the ring then you're out.

One of my biggest regrets ever is dumping a load of WWF magazines (and some Raw ones too).

I had ones from I'd say 1989 up to 1999 or 2000.

Id love to look back over them now. Vic Venom anyone?

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Sounds like something Joey Ryan would do.

Ok, dunno why you'd associate cocks with a paddling pool but fair enough! Haha!
    Wcw spring break(I think)years ago had the ring in a pool, was fun when they utilised it. It'd be a laugh, half of the wrestlers would be freaking out over their bald patches etc being exposed. And if they used it for the women's rumble the network subscriptions would shoot up a fair bit. Never gonna happen anyway.

Btw Daniel Bryan's new world title design is utter garbage. I mean change it up a bit but making the title wooden ? Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Btw Daniel Bryan's new world title design is utter garbage. I mean change it up a bit but making the title wooden ? Why ?

It's organic hemp. He's playing an overzealous hippy gimmick. We're meant to hate it!

It's organic hemp. He's playing an overzealous hippy gimmick. We're meant to hate it!

Well it's working then.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well it's working then.

Like Muhammad Hassan and his sensible thoughts on the Iraq war

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement