Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    After seeing the rumble again and Rhea Ripley it occurred to me when will we see the first Transgender wrestler in WWE
    tenor.gif

Dude... Dude? How... What? There's 2 or 3 things that have me legit confused in this statement. Did you read it back before posting it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think PTH probably had a few too many beers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Must have meant intergender because I don't think transgender when looking at her.

As for intergender wrestling, I could buy women the size of Charlotte or Rhea taking on cruiserweight-sized guys.

Kacy Catanzaro vs Braun might be pushing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

J. Marston wrote: »
    Must have meant intergender.

Even though we've had a female IC Champion before in Chyna. Jacqueline was Cruiserweight champion also. Lita has mixed it up with the guys plenty too as well the likes of Beth Phoenix and numerous others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nia being in the men’s rumble three days ago would’ve probably been a better example if he meant intergender too...

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Even though we've had a female IC Champion before in Chyna. Jacqueline was Cruiserweight champion also. Lita has mixed it up with the guys plenty too as well the likes of Beth Phoenix and numerous others.

Good point. Yeah, I don't get the transgender comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

J. Marston wrote: »
    Good point. Yeah, I don't get the transgender comparison.

Your one looks a bit like a fella.

Like how people used to slag Chyna back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,180 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A few beers may have contributed too my comment about Transgender wrestlers lol

Your one looks a bit like a fella.

Ok....

tumblr_ovywc20HXw1rmv1vdo4_400.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Let's give PTH the benefit of the doubt after all he did post it in the random thoughts thread and they were indeed random. Her new look (below) does look a bit less feminine than Omackeral's pic above but I would think it a big leap to think she actually looks trans and that more so the change inspired the thought of a less feminine competitor.

NXTUK_Birmingham_08252018at_3730--e62e07bdfaeee4e23b360c709feaf131.jpg

tbh I would hope the WWE don't have a trans wrestler for the foreseeable future. Now that may sound bad but it's more so because I would expect one hell of a booking mess from them if they did have one competing within their ranks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nothing like a bit of midweek controversy to stir up discussion says I :)

It's an interesting debate on whether WWE will actually ever take in a transgender wrestler though.

With Vince in charge I would hope not in the near future, God knows how he'd play that out. It wasn't too long ago there was all that talk about Finn Balor possibly playing a homosexual character and I was genuinely fearful of how that would pan out both publically and for Finn himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

TBF I don’t think i think this in a derogatory way but when I see her I instantly think “Lady Pete Dunne”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

tumblr_n102tbo5ny1rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

Maybe he was thinking of Cloudy from the Bodydonnas :P Because Rhea Ripley sure as hell does not look like she's transgender.

Here's a shameless plug for my rebooted series called Pick Your Poison. Basically, it's just an open vote where you pick your favourite in a list of things that are grouped together. Would be good to keep a bit of discussion going along side all the news and shows. Lately, I've gone on a title belt craze. None of the voting is closed so feel free to drop in and cast one. Here's some links.

Favourite NXT Championship Belt design

Favourite NXT UK Championship Belt design

Favourite Raw Championship Belt design

Favourite Smackdown Championship Belt design

I think she's hot anyway, new look or old look.

They'll never do a transgender wrestler. They'd catch too much shít, from both sides. One will say they shouldn't do it and the other will say it should be done a certain way.

I think Dream is the closest they'll go to that stuff with his sometimes effeminate attire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I guarantee they will someday, just maybe not today because Trump’s views on the subject (exactly what you think they are) make it politically dicey. When they see it as the right time, they’ll do it, they won’t be offensive but they will pat themselves on the back constantly for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

I don't get the whole Daniel Bryan thing I find him boring and bland since he came back and this vegan stuff meh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Isn't Becky Lynch doing a transgender gimmick?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sirmanga wrote: »
    Isn't Becky Lynch doing a transgender gimmick?

no.

The phrase the man refers to being the best a la Rick Flair's to be the man you have to beat the man.

It does not refer to Becky's gender

nannerby wrote: »
    I don't get the whole Daniel Bryan thing I find him boring and bland since he came back and this vegan stuff meh..

What's hilarious about the Daniel Bryan SJW gimmick is that most WWE fans these days are left leaning. So WWE are basically telling their own fans that they are the villains. With their incessant complaining, being offended by everything, militant veganism, and dirty beards.

This is how WWE sees its audience. And the fans love this character. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Not going to get into the whole does/doesn't look transgender thing as I find the argument disrespectful to people actually going through it.

But I will say that for me Rhea is one of the most beautiful women in the company.

Seeing The Undertaker on Twitter is very sad.

Kayfabe really is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Seeing The Undertaker on Twitter is very sad.

Kayfabe really is dead.

Very strange. Undertaker is the last person I would expect on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What's hilarious about the Daniel Bryan SJW gimmick is that most WWE fans these days are left leaning. So WWE are basically telling their own fans that they are the villains. With their incessant complaining, being offended by everything, militant veganism, and dirty beards.

This is how WWE sees its audience. And the fans love this character. The mind boggles.

But sure most left leaning people would find SJWs creepy, weird and irritating.

We have to distinguish between the 'progressive' left and classical liberalism here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Random Wrasslin' Thought:

Becky needs new music! Something with a 'Breaking Glass'/ 'Cult of Peronality' like intro so her huge pop isn't somewhat juxtaposed with an upbeat song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

brianblaze wrote: »
    Random Wrasslin' Thought:

Becky needs new music! Something with a 'Breaking Glass'/ 'Cult of Peronality' like intro so her huge pop isn't somewhat juxtaposed with an upbeat song.

Walking out with the Stone cold theme song :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

turdball wrote: »
    Walking out with the Stone cold theme song :D

She's the man now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but people take Dave Meltzer's ratings too seriously. I was looking at the Reddit thread for his RR match ratings. People getting into arguements over a quarter star too many. He's just one guy, albeit one that has watched wrestling for decades. His thoughts are just as subjective as anyone elses.

That brings me to my next point. Wrestling fans have short memories. They were looking at the rating for AJ/Bryan, it was 2.75*, and using it to form the opinion that Styles has had a lacklustre 12 months. Just 6 weeks ago he had a late main roster match of the year contender with Bryan.

He was saying Jericho's drunken tweets were laying the groundwork for a possible feud with Lesnar in AEW. Guy is the biggest spoofer around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    He was saying Jericho's drunken tweets were laying the groundwork for a possible feud with Lesnar in AEW. Guy is the biggest spoofer around.

Lesnar would wrestle my dog if I were to pay him enough tho. Brock is a businessman first and foremost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement