Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift going F2P June 12th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Hey man, thanks a lot. Forgive the ignorance but what can I use these codes for? :<

They will unlock the full game as if you had bought it and the expansion. Also gives you 30 days game time which will lead into the f2p. If none of the codes work then let me know I have some more and will PM you one.

You need to apply the codes on your account in the rift website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Hardly for free?

Hardly for free?

Yep 100% free :)

O.o

All of the codes above have been used.

O.o

All of the codes above have been used.

Really? I wish people would stop being lurkers and actually post when they use the codes like I asked.... =/

PM on the way with a code.

• Advertisement

Limericks wrote: »
    Really? I wish people would stop being lurkers and actually post when they use the codes like I asked.... =/

PM on the way with a code.

Aye :/

Thank you very much, it worked. I will add you later when I get online. I guess I just need to log into the game to have it activated?

Aye :/

Thank you very much, it worked. I will add you later when I get online. I guess I just need to log into the game to have it activated?

It is activated now :) All the restrictions of the trial have been lifted.

See you in game! I'll be on tonight so let me know if you need any help!

Should I begin downloading the Client now?

Should I begin downloading the Client now?

I am confused. I thought you had already been playing?

If you have the trial installed you already have the full client.

Yes, I have been playing. However, I'm stopping for a while. Now that I have the Code activated, when I run the Rift Launcher will it begin downloading anything? If it does, I might as well start now while I'm doing other stuff. Sorry for the confusion.

• Advertisement

Yes, I have been playing. However, I'm stopping for a while. Now that I have the Code activated, when I run the Rift Launcher will it begin downloading anything? If it does, I might as well start now while I'm doing other stuff. Sorry for the confusion.

If you haven't played for awhile then yes there will be patches but if you have played in the last few days you have the latest client :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Cheers Limericks! took one of your codes, first 3 seem to be gone and i took the 4th.

Played WoW for years and loved it! played a shadow priest in high end raiding.
    What would be a good range dps class in Rift? i'm done with raiding but would like to solo and do 5 mans as a dps class, pretty bad at healing!

KilOit wrote: »
    Cheers Limericks! took one of your codes, first 3 seem to be gone and i took the 4th.

Played WoW for years and loved it! played a shadow priest in high end raiding.
    What would be a good range dps class in Rift? i'm done with raiding but would like to solo and do 5 mans as a dps class, pretty bad at healing!

Mage or cleric are great ranged DPS classes. As far as raw DPS goes I think mage may be a better choice but they are not so flexible as other roles.

CLeric is an all in one sort of character sacrificing a small percentage of dps to be able to do pretty much anything in the game.

If you were a shadow priest in wow then I think you should go cleric and choose inquisitor as your main soul. Would be the closest to a shadow priest I think.

Someone used my link to sign up, was that you? I just got a friend accepted message when I logged in and that comes up when someone uses the link. Char name was Kitaz. If it was you just let me know if you need help in game! If it wasnt you add me romel@icewatch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Yeah thats me :)
    Picked mage, really liking it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I was playing the gravelord type of the defiante side got up to 17 there with him but then i switched to guardian trying a warrior class, fun enough so far. Not sure which class i want to play at the moment theirs a lot of soul type's its hard to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

What should I be doing now that I hit 50? I attempted to do some questing in the new Storm Legion content however it was taking me forever to kill anything and I died once more than 1 mob aggroed on me:/

Should I gear up before attempting to level in the Storm Legion content or have I just to endure spending a minute per kill?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Been meaning to try this for a while, looking forward to giving it a go now that it's going F2P and my exams are over soon, pity that raptr thing is out of codes for the upgrade, Limericks, any chance of a code? Would appreciate it! :)

What should I be doing now that I hit 50? I attempted to do some questing in the new Storm Legion content however it was taking me forever to kill anything and I died once more than 1 mob aggroed on me:/

Should I gear up before attempting to level in the Storm Legion content or have I just to endure spending a minute per kill?

Yeah you should have some good items to start storm legion, however you get items that will be better fairly fast from quests/ You could also level to 51 and get some items from the AH.
    delta36 wrote: »
    Been meaning to try this for a while, looking forward to giving it a go now that it's going F2P and my exams are over soon, pity that raptr thing is out of codes for the upgrade, Limericks, any chance of a code? Would appreciate it! :)

PM on the way :)
    Lone Stone wrote: »
    I was playing the gravelord type of the defiante side got up to 17 there with him but then i switched to guardian trying a warrior class, fun enough so far. Not sure which class i want to play at the moment theirs a lot of soul type's its hard to decide.

That is half the fun though trying out all the classes and souls :)

Limericks wrote: »
    PM on the way :)

Hero of a man/woman! I'll make sure to sign up with your referral link during the week.

delta36 wrote: »
    Hero of a man/woman! I'll make sure to sign up with your referral link during the week.

Man ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I decided to sub for the month to lead up to F2P.
    Playing on my 50 mage and 50 Cleric today on the new zones.
    On my mage I went with melee based soul harbringer which is interesting to be a battle mage of sorts,always loved the cholormancer healing soul and the Stormcaller DPS soul,those 3 souls/roles are great fun.
    On my cleric i went with Druid melee with tank pet for leveling along with Sentinal for healing,havent set up my third soul yet.
    On my other account i have a Paladin tank, good fun too but not sure what ill level to 60 first.

Rift just does so many things really well.

Im on Icewatch shard on Guardian side,anyone else on there?
    Also on my other account im on Blightweald shard as Defiant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Yea im there, names lonestone :op
    Just messing around with classes at the moment though. I am a right dolt, i deleted my defiant side char with all his 1 plat cash woo didnt realize i could have mailed my stuff to the other faction.

Is their any shape shifter type of class in this game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Dcully wrote: »
    I decided to sub for the month to lead up to F2P.
    Playing on my 50 mage and 50 Cleric today on the new zones.
    On my mage I went with melee based soul harbringer which is interesting to be a battle mage of sorts,always loved the cholormancer healing soul and the Stormcaller DPS soul,those 3 souls/roles are great fun.
    On my cleric i went with Druid melee with tank pet for leveling along with Sentinal for healing,havent set up my third soul yet.
    On my other account i have a Paladin tank, good fun too but not sure what ill level to 60 first.

Rift just does so many things really well.

Im on Icewatch shard on Guardian side,anyone else on there?
    Also on my other account im on Blightweald shard as Defiant.

There's a cleric duracell build which was the bomb for leveling, I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

There's a cleric duracell build which was the bomb for leveling, I'd highly recommend it.

Got a link for it? Going to be playing this once it goes F2P and will be rolling a cleric!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/general-cleric-discussion/4960-duracell-cleric.html

The build has changed a small bit from the one linked, but a small bit of research will fix that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah i used the duracell to 50 last year and it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I had a rift account before and subbed for a while. I cannot even remember what it was like now... or why I stopped playing to be honest...

Might give it a look when it hits F2P. Always on the lookout for new old games :P

http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/general-cleric-discussion/4960-duracell-cleric.html

The build has changed a small bit from the one linked, but a small bit of research will fix that.

I used duracell myself back in the day but I think a better build now is a druid build with the pet. Lots of self heals and plenty of aoe damage. the build I am using as my general walk around build also has mana recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 richiebox

Hi Limericks, any chance you have a code left? Would definitely give me the push to get back into Rift! Thanks.

• Advertisement

Downloading now, what server do people here play on? (Although as I used Limericks referral account I assume I'm automatically assigned to his server) Gotta say, the whole "souls" thing seems interesting, but a bit complex.. I'm sure the game will guide me into it.

Advertisement