Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift going F2P June 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

There is a known issue of disconnects, they are working at it but have not yet identified the problem

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-rift-news/dev-tracker/362595-elrar-getting-disconnected-every-minute.html#post4285675

In our guild, we have noticed more frequent general d/c's than usual and occasional massive latency for some people (in raids)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

When I updated the whole game and logged in, base game only. I was fine on the trial shards, no dc's or lag. When I transferred my characters to Blightweald I got a string of dc's every 3-4 minutes and when I tried the "Press OK to reconnect" it told me it had trouble reaching the server. That was on my slow laptop (by slow I mean 8 fps on lowest settings with low quality render selected). And it was at about 5am (don't ask :P). Though the next day it was fine, no lag or dc's or anything.

My best guess is they're messing with things or something is going wrong their end.

Every now and again I get 1 dc similar to the above, I try reconnect and it says trouble reaching server, I eventually restart the client and all is well.

EDIT: Same as Dcully, Morgana's guild gets my full seal of approval too. Coming from someone who played a different MMO for 8 years and was only in 3 guilds (because of my own high standards).

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Been playing on icewatch for a bit already and I haven't had any disconnects or lag spikes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Queues are huge :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I didn't even bother logging on today. Can only imagine what it was like at peak hours.

• Advertisement

Yea been stuck on about 480 for ages now think il leave it for a few days till things settle down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No problem logging in tonight , could be because im a patron atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Played for a while after patch on BW yesterday and it was grand. Yes I am patron too but no disconnects / lag for me anyway.

Personally found it a fairly smooth transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I was waiting 20 min last night in the patron line. I received 28K loyalty credits and 750 of the in game money or whatever it's called. I bought 20 euro more of that for the shop. This Dam F2P model is costing me money:D

Got stuck in a queue of 800 people yesterday on icewatch shard :) So ended up moving to Blightweald.

• Advertisement

Forgot to download patch. Rookie mistake - -;

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Foreverdelayed

Hey guys, just rolled a rouge on Blightweald; first time playing this game and am really enjoying it. Can anyone recommend a good guild, starter friendly but with experienced players and end game raiding.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Didn't get to play yesterday but I've heard a few complaining about queues. It's not surprising really though.
    Might leave it over the weekend and see how things are on Monday.

Note to those on Icewatch. It's just been made a trial shard. You need to migrate. Apparently everyone was just heading straight for it as it was known as the busy shard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hey guys, just rolled a rouge on Blightweald; first time playing this game and am really enjoying it. Can anyone recommend a good guild, starter friendly but with experienced players and end game raiding.

Cheers.

Quite possibly the most friendly guild ive been a part of in any mmo

http://argentimmortal.enjin.com/home

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Foreverdelayed

Dcully wrote: »
    Quite possibly the most friendly guild ive been a part of in any mmo

http://argentimmortal.enjin.com/home

Good to hear. Was actually talking to one of their Officers in-game and have made an application. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

I started a new F2P account on wednesday but I can't seem to sell on the AH ( I can buy though), when I try to post an auction it tells me I haven't enough loyalty. I asked in chat about it and was told to look up the recent patchnotes about it but I'm still none the wiser. Can I sell on the AH or not? if so, what can I do to fix the problem? Thanks

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/new

They are giving away free mounts every 10 minutes and max loyalty to one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

TokenWhite wrote: »
    I started a new F2P account on wednesday but I can't seem to sell on the AH ( I can buy though), when I try to post an auction it tells me I haven't enough loyalty. I asked in chat about it and was told to look up the recent patchnotes about it but I'm still none the wiser. Can I sell on the AH or not? if so, what can I do to fix the problem? Thanks

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/363946-why-does-auction-house-requires-loyalty.html

1,500 Loyalty needed apparently. I didn't read the whole thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kandor

Hey just back after a long break my old guild is dead and on the zavial shard is it worth changin over to join the immortals? Are the hardcore or casual? I got a full time job and kid so i would be very causal player once or twice a week.
    At level 50 would you guys suggest going straight into the storm legion content? or would it be better to clear all the Vanilla rift stuff? ie Ember island?

Kandor wrote: »
    Hey just back after a long break my old guild is dead and on the zavial shard is it worth changin over to join the immortals? Are the hardcore or casual? I got a full time job and kid so i would be very causal player once or twice a week.
    At level 50 would you guys suggest going straight into the storm legion content? or would it be better to clear all the Vanilla rift stuff? ie Ember island?

i would go to sl and gear up or buy some sl gear from the ah and clear the old world stuff if you want to breeze through it.

• Advertisement

Cool Thanks currently going through storm legion content enjoying it so far. Getting my lvling build up and running was tough but think i have under controll..There is so much to catch up on haha. Joined Turtles are cute guild its massive but maybe its too big. Is there any Irish guild forming??

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Immortals has a good few of the boards people, myself included as you can see from the previous posts. It pretty much caters for everyone's taste, casual or hardcore. It's not a big enough guild to get lost in either, despite having a large enough player base. I'd class it as a medium "everyone gets to know everyone" type of guild.

To answer your question about level 50, I'd go into storm legion and do story quests or instant adventures. Don't bother too much with the dungeons, just level to 60 where the game really opens up again...there's literally too much stuff to do, in a good way. That's what I've been doing, 50-60 is considerably slower but more enjoyable. You can't take two steps in storm legion zones without finding something to do but story line quests and instant adventure are the best source of experience.

50-60 experience is MORE than 1-50. It's very painful. If you're looking for a quick way to level 50-60 spam GHRs all day everyday.

50-60 experience is MORE than 1-50. It's very painful. If you're looking for a quick way to level 50-60 spam GHRs all day everyday.
    Really? I am 52 atm and so far i am really enjoying it. Doing alot of story quests and getting hooked on onslaughts. Really suprised on how big the zones are!! Granted i fell through the map twice so maybe a bit more buggy then the mathosia? is that how its spelt?

I'm not saying it's not enjoyable. Just considering how quick you get to level 40, 50-60 is no easy grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just seeing that its F2P now, anyone know if people with lapsed subscriptions that bought the retail version get any bonuses?

Ya you get bonus items for every month you subbed and i think you get bonus loyalty points which unlock bonus items when you reach certain amounts, I think there is 5 or 6 tiers. So that's a yes on the bonuses.

So I finally hit 60. I don't think that anything I say about this game will ever give it justice so I won't. I'm just going to come straight out and say it. Having played WoW for almost a decade and quitting -- RIFT is by far the best F2P model for an MMO I have ever experienced. The game is incredible and it's definitely not going to stop any time soon.

Adding to that, the above Guild "Immortals" are a brilliant bunch of guys that make the experience 100x better. If you're a new MMO player, a current MMO or looking for something new AND challenging - do yourself a favor and try this game.

It is 100% free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

So I finally hit 60. I don't think that anything I say about this game will ever give it justice so I won't. I'm just going to come straight out and say it. Having played WoW for almost a decade and quitting -- RIFT is by far the best F2P model for an MMO I have ever experienced. The game is incredible and it's definitely not going to stop any time soon.

Adding to that, the above Guild "Immortals" are a brilliant bunch of guys that make the experience 100x better. If you're a new MMO player, a current MMO or looking for something new AND challenging - do yourself a favor and try this game.

It is 100% free.

I hooked up with Immortals during the week and they seem really cool folks.

Krell, my 59 rogue is having a hard time grinding out that last half a level tho as the quest just seemed to have stopped and all I have left are carnage quests, events and rifts :(

I didn't bother with any of the ember isle stuff tho so I might look over there.

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    I hooked up with Immortals during the week and they seem really cool folks.

Krell, my 59 rogue is having a hard time grinding out that last half a level tho as the quest just seemed to have stopped and all I have left are carnage quests, events and rifts :(

I didn't bother with any of the ember isle stuff tho so I might look over there.

I'm Ushra in game. I have my first raid with the Guild on Friday. It will be my first raid in the game at all so I'm really looking forward to it!

With regards to 59-60 I found it very easy actually. You have to remember at level 59 two new dungeons are available as well as very good carnage quests. The undoubted quickest way to level right now is through GHR's (great hunt rifts). Immortals do them all the time -- anytime you see a banner appear in guild chat you should take it. You're talking 100's of thousands of experience in a few minutes. You'll die often but remember you gain experience while dead in this game.

Furthermore, all the "dailies" are phenomenal sources of experience. What I mean is daily dungeons (I) PvP (k) and IA(.). You know if you have the randoms available because they will reward a loot chest (and extra exp) and they'll have a number underneath what looks like a refresh button. If you don't so these daily they stack. If you haven't done a random dungeon in 5 days and have 5 daily bonuses built up just wait for your exp to skyrocket. Same for PvP and IA.

Edit: never been to ember isle either but as far as I know it's level 50. Wouldn't bother. Morban was a cool place to level in my opinion!

Advertisement