Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift going F2P June 12th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Secret World went B2P and will probably go F2P soon enough. Warcraft and Eve won't for quite a while yet i'd say, if ever.

It sounds like Trion will have a good F2P model with the game though, which is great news. It's a quality MMO, and this could bring in a huge amount of players into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

This is a good thing. I won't even look at a game now unless it's F2P. If the game is good you will end up spending money on it. I've already spent around 60 euros on Planetside2. It's the only path for the games in the current MMO market.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Delighted!
    I enjoyed rift a lot but just not enough to warrant a monthly sub as i enjoy so many more games from different genres.
    I did sub on and off since release but if i sub to something i feel i need to put the time in, but with a F2P model i can pop in and out at my leisure.
    Its a great move, swtor doubled its revenue doing so and its nowhere near as good as rift.
    Without doubt rift would go be my number two MMO in terms of endgame content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Woo good news, I only ever tried it in the open beta i didnt enjoy it enough to pay a monthly fee so i might check it out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Raptr has Rift + Rift: Storm Legion + 30 Days game time as a reward for those that are interested. Its worth claiming even if you do not intend to play right now as owning the game + expansion will open up extra character slots/souls when Rift goes FTP

You will need to log some game time in order to claim but as Rift allows you to play the first 20 levels for free this shouldn't be an issue.

• Advertisement

Raptr has Rift + Rift: Storm Legion + 30 Days game time as a reward for those that are interested. Its worth claiming even if you do not intend to play right now as owning the game + expansion will open up extra character slots/souls when Rift goes FTP

You will need to log some game time in order to claim but as Rift allows you to play the first 20 levels for free this shouldn't be an issue.

Will this work with an old account?

Dcully wrote: »
    Will this work with an old account?

Unfortunately not:(

Edit: Actually, It may work if you only have Rift and not the expansion.

I just have the game but not installed.

Hmm wonder should i just download the trial thingy to lvl 20 , log some time until i reached experience in raptor, not sure how long that will take?

Or just install the game from my old discs and update and then log some time.
    Would be nice to tie it to my old account, ive 2 characters at m,ax lvl and some alts.

Then again id have to sub to log some time with the old account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

The raptr code works on old a new accounts. I used it to get 30 days free and I already had storm legion.

I don't know how to feel about the move the f2p. The mass income of casual players may affect what I love about rift. Challenging end game content.

If all the casuals demand that endgame be nerfed so they are able to play it then I will leave the lands of telara for good and I am a player since beta 1 and have the 3 year vet rewards :(

Limericks wrote: »
    The raptr code works on old a new accounts. I used it to get 30 days free and I already had storm legion.

I don't know how to feel about the move the f2p. The mass income of casual players may affect what I love about rift. Challenging end game content.

If all the casuals demand that endgame be nerfed so they are able to play it then I will leave the lands of telara for good and I am a player since beta 1 and have the 3 year vet rewards :(

How long ago was that? I tried it on my account yesterday and although the code applied and appeared in the list of applied codes I didn't get 30 days membership:(

Edit: a quote from here
    IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING RIFT PLAYER
    You will only unlock the Storm Legion Expansion. You will NOT be receiving a free 30 days.
    The free 30 days is only designed for new accounts, if you have any concerns with this, you are always welcome to contact Trion's Support Team!

• Advertisement

How long ago was that? I tried it on my account yesterday and although the code applied and appeared in the list of applied codes I didn't get 30 days membership:(

Edit: a quote from here

Ahh they must have changed it then. It was about 2 weeks ago I tried.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kiith wrote: »
    Secret World went B2P and will probably go F2P soon enough. Warcraft and Eve won't for quite a while yet i'd say, if ever.
    Eve was among the first though with the Plex for Game time set up for F2P (different then today's versions but still F2P for quite a few people).

I have a few of those raptr codes that I was saving to use as game time cards but since they do not work as game time anymore I am willing too share them here.

Just send me a PM if you want one.

Codes are for original game + expansion + 30 days if you are making an new account which will lead right into f2p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

The effect is already visible, IW is starting to have queues again at night and BW is on medium for most of the day. The lowbie areas have been busy for the last 2 days, best thing to do if you are on trial get a Raptr account, log the 20 hours and claim your copy of SL and 30 playtime that will get you to the F2P start.
    I was pretty against F2P models but this looks promising, I am cautiously optimistic. We will see how it works out for us raiders :P

I just installed this raptor thing, now i just need to get experienced :eek: no sleep no food amah gawd.

I now have two accounts, my old one with two lvl 60s (no sub but ready for free to pay) and a new trial account gone to full account thanks to raptr :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I just installed this raptor thing, now i just need to get experienced :eek: no sleep no food amah gawd.

Just PM Limericks for a code man, it's the same thing minus all the effort and he has been kind enough to offer them out!

here are a few codes so you don't have to be waiting on me to get back to you.

post the code when you use one to save others the trouble of trying used codes :)
    G2EG-MFFC-9KMF-7QY2-2FGT
    QWXM-XCJ7-FNC2-DWHQ-FFCT
    LQPW-TGKQ-DYR9-XEJ6-KRKX
    M7X2-36Y9-KNJ9-GYCW-6FEQ
    ELT2-CE2N-M9EY-CXE3-2QEQ
    ZPTM-XDDT-CXZD-EEGM-ZYTC

I have other codes aswell so if none work just let me know!

If you want to be nice to me for the codes you can register using my link and we both get some bonuses :)

Click here for happiness!

Great thanks, ehm where am i suppose to use this code exactly :confused:

Great thanks, ehm where am i suppose to use this code exactly :confused:

BTW I sent you a code via PM just a sec ago so leave the ones here for others :)

• Advertisement

BTW I sent you a code via PM just a sec ago so leave the ones here for others :)

just got it there thanks alot :D

Live Q&A with Bill Fisher the creative director at half 8 here. Looking forward to it and to finding out more on the venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Played this game in BETA and absolutely loved it. Really glad to see it going F2P. Will play it from time-to-time myself. This is definitely an underrated MMO and for people that give it a chance _should_ have huge potential!

What server is good play on, since i added the code i keep getting a pop up about being on a trial server so i have to transfer but their all pve in the list, no pvp :confused:

What server is good play on, since i added the code i keep getting a pop up about being on a trial server so i have to transfer but their all pve in the list, no pvp :confused:

Icwatch has the most players right now. PvP servers are very quiet nowadays because the 2 factions are kinda half allied together against crucia (you can be on either team in warfronts, for example)

Non PvP shards still has PvP just not as much world PvP (which is amazingly annoying anyway in a game like this)

Messing around with a paladin tank on my new account.
    Tempted to sub for a month on my old account to bring me up to F2P date and play one of my lvl 50s with new content.

Whats the best group healers these days, i have a 50 chloromancer and 50 cleric.

Dcully wrote: »
    Messing around with a paladin tank on my new account.
    Tempted to sub for a month on my old account to bring me up to F2P date and play one of my lvl 50s with new content.

Whats the best group healers these days, i have a 50 chloromancer and 50 cleric.

Sentinel cleric is good for 5 mans, warden is good for raids. Defiler is a really good healer aswell.

Alright so I'm not going to go into a big long shpeel about this game other than the fact it is absolutely amazing.

Once my exams are over (next week) I'll probably buy the full thing so I can get all the extra levels and stuff. Having an absolute blast on my Cleric. Really fun character (although DoTs are ridiculous for levelling). So many good points to say about this game I don't even know where to start. Probably my favorite thing is the dynamics of the whole thing. Events and sh*t everywhere. Unreal.

I'm really bad though, I just get the game to automatically fill in my souls because I simply haven't had time to look at stuff. Is riftscene the best site for RIFT stuff? Just hit Level 15 but queue times feel a bit long (as DD). Maybe I should get a second spec for Healing but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that role at all yet.

On a Trial at the moment (level 15) and soon going to have enough money for a Mount. Any suggestions on what to do? Chances are I won't hit 20 before next weekend to be honest but just in case I do anyone got any suggestions for new players on what to do? =)

Alright so I'm not going to go into a big long shpeel about this game other than the fact it is absolutely amazing.

Once my exams are over (next week) I'll probably buy the full thing so I can get all the extra levels and stuff. Having an absolute blast on my Cleric. Really fun character (although DoTs are ridiculous for levelling). So many good points to say about this game I don't even know where to start. Probably my favorite thing is the dynamics of the whole thing. Events and sh*t everywhere. Unreal.

I'm really bad though, I just get the game to automatically fill in my souls because I simply haven't had time to look at stuff. Is riftscene the best site for RIFT stuff? Just hit Level 15 but queue times feel a bit long (as DD). Maybe I should get a second spec for Healing but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that role at all yet.

On a Trial at the moment (level 15) and soon going to have enough money for a Mount. Any suggestions on what to do? Chances are I won't hit 20 before next weekend to be honest but just in case I do anyone got any suggestions for new players on what to do? =)

Look up a few posts. I posted some codes for the expansion and base game :) Also gives you 30 days since you are not a subscriber yet.

I play a cleric as my main and I love it. You can do all 4 roles, DPS, Tank, Heal and Support.

Queues are long at whatever level you are if you are only picking DPS. Allot of the times the queue is only a few seconds if you pick tank or heal or near instant if you pick both!

I usually stick to the rift forums when looking for information. There is a classes of telara sub forum and inside that there is a cleric guides sub forum.

At level 15 you might be best off using the pre made templates in game though as most of the guides online are made for endgame level 60 chars.

If you are on the icewatch shard add me as a friend my name is Romel. If you are on another shard add me as Romel@icewatch and you can ask me for help if you need it.

Cya in game!

• Advertisement

Look up a few posts. I posted some codes for the expansion and base game :) Also gives you 30 days since you are not a subscriber yet.

I play a cleric as my main and I love it. You can do all 4 roles, DPS, Tank, Heal and Support.

Queues are long at whatever level you are if you are only picking DPS. Allot of the times the queue is only a few seconds if you pick tank or heal or near instant if you pick both!

I usually stick to the rift forums when looking for information. There is a classes of telara sub forum and inside that there is a cleric guides sub forum.

At level 15 you might be best off using the pre made templates in game though as most of the guides online are made for endgame level 60 chars.

If you are on the icewatch shard add me as a friend my name is Romel. If you are on another shard add me as Romel@icewatch and you can ask me for help if you need it.

Cya in game!

Hey man, thanks a lot. Forgive the ignorance but what can I use these codes for? :<

Advertisement