Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift going F2P June 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 richiebox

Enjoy Delta! I cannot remember which server I was on...It's been almost 2 years sadly!

Good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

delta36 wrote: »
    Downloading now, what server do people here play on? (Although as I used Limericks referral account I assume I'm automatically assigned to his server) Gotta say, the whole "souls" thing seems interesting, but a bit complex.. I'm sure the game will guide me into it.

Icewatch is full. Don't really see why new players would want to go on that Server to be honest because from what I've heard - at peak times it actually has queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I play on icewatch. queue is maximum 5-10 minutes and is worth it to play on a populated server!

Code on the way Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

So, if i had an account previously is there any way to play it for free now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Going Cleric but will be levelling as part of a group for the most part with intention on doing dungeons as much as possible. Any thoughts on a spec that's decent for levelling but can heal well in a group when needed? Would druid work for this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    Going Cleric but will be levelling as part of a group for the most part with intention on doing dungeons as much as possible. Any thoughts on a spec that's decent for levelling but can heal well in a group when needed? Would druid work for this?

Remember you can have many different specs.
    I have 3 leveling specs and 2 healing specs on my cleric.

Im on Icewatch to, 5-15 mins queue at peak times.
    I joined some random guild but wouldnt mind hooking up with some of you guys if yas have a guild?

Add me , main is Herita

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »

I joined some random guild but wouldnt mind hooking up with some of you guys if yas have a guild?

Add me , main is Herita

Didn't even realise this thanks. I'm on Bloodiron I think, can't say no to pvp!

So, if i had an account previously is there any way to play it for free now?

Not unless you make a new account! Otherwise you gotta wait til the 12th

Add me , main is Herita

I'm in consortium. They are ok for the most part but don't really play together. I wouldn't mind joining a new guild with you guys. Or ye could join consortium? level 23 guild with a thousand or so members i believe
    Big Knox wrote: »
    Didn't even realise this thanks. I'm on Bloodiron I think, can't say no to pvp!

You will regret that when you meet the ass's who camp. Main reason I switched from BI to icewatch. And I am an old school felucca UO player!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Im in some lvling guild, its only lvl 1 so eh were trying to level it up. The owner made me loads of 18 slot bags :D Fairly hooked on rift at the moment finding it hard to pull myself away from it.

Limericks wrote: »
    Not unless you make a new account! Otherwise you gotta wait til the 12th

I'm in consortium. They are ok for the most part but don't really play together. I wouldn't mind joining a new guild with you guys. Or ye could join consortium? level 23 guild with a thousand or so members i believe

You will regret that when you meet the ass's who camp. Main reason I switched from BI to icewatch. And I am an old school felucca UO player!

I was in Consortium the last time i subbed 12+ months ago and they had one or two twats, the guild leader in particular was a dick.
    I recall asking him if he could craft something for me [with my mats ofcourse] and he told me to wait until i was in the guild long enough to earn enough respect to warrant him doing it, i mean lol ffs ,needless to say i left asap.
    I did meet decent folks too but i dislike these massive guilds with 200-300+ members not to mention 1,000 members with COnsortium,makes it very impersonal.
    I prefer a small guild of 20-30 people, you might actually get to know people then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

DOH, can't remember the details to my old account. lol.

Can't remember the security answers either. Crap anyway. Ahh I don't think there was much on it so I'll just create a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 richiebox

Ha, I hate when that happens!! I struggled with mine also.

I'm going to buy a new computer and jump back into Rift. Very excited now.

I was in Consortium the last time i subbed 12+ months ago and they had one or two twats, the guild leader in particular was a dick.
    I recall asking him if he could craft something for me [with my mats ofcourse] and he told me to wait until i was in the guild long enough to earn enough respect to warrant him doing it, i mean lol ffs ,needless to say i left asap.
    I did meet decent folks too but i dislike these massive guilds with 200-300+ members not to mention 1,000 members with COnsortium,makes it very impersonal.
    I prefer a small guild of 20-30 people, you might actually get to know people then.

Yeah I agree 100% smaller is better. I just joined because the guild I was a long time member of joined another guild that I didn't like. That and the guild perks :)

Who was the guildmaster back then? Slipmat is now I think and he seems fine. An Irish lad too.

I will see if I can find another guild to join today that is more personal and report back.
    Noxin wrote: »
    DOH, can't remember the details to my old account. lol.

Can't remember the security answers either. Crap anyway. Ahh I don't think there was much on it so I'll just create a new one.

If you talk to live chat they will help you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Raptr has restocked their Rift codes for those that have not yet claimed them.

Rift + Rift: Storm Legion + 30 Days Gametime
    Raptr Pet
    Stone Spaulders
    Storm Legion Arbiter Helm

I don't play on Icewatch. Will I have to make a new character or is Transfer free?

Let's make a Guild so?

EDIT: It's free and now I'm in a queue.... great - -;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

You can transfer servers for free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

I'm going to transfer off Icewatch! just can't get on the server at peak, imagine it when it's f2p! if i enjoy it that much i'll pay to return to raid etc.

Pretty pissed I transferred. Can't even transfer off now because I'm stuck in queue!

30 minuet queue for me :( Its good that the servers are busy though hopefully it will get a second life with the f2p move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Lone Stone wrote: »
    30 minuet queue for me :( Its good that the servers are busy though hopefully it will get a second life with the f2p move.

20 min queue for me. I was not expecting this. They should have memeber priority login.

• Advertisement

Members do have priority but everyone is a member right now. When f2p comes out patrons will be at the front of the queue. They are also releasing more servers with f2p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

If you talk to live chat they will help you out :)

Cheers for that. Got it sorted. Will check it out over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Members do have priority but everyone is a member right now. When f2p comes out patrons will be at the front of the queue. They are also releasing more servers with f2p.

But, it's F2P now up to LV 20 isn't? I bet there are loads starting new toons for when it goes total F2P.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

So tried playing a cleric for a little bit, and to be honest I've found the gameplay a bit boring at the minute. All the spells the cleric has are literally "Does N damage", and don't seem to have any major differences between them. I'll give it another try later (a patch is currently downloading at 5kb/s) and maybe try a different class, see how it goes.

delta36 wrote: »
    So tried playing a cleric for a little bit, and to be honest I've found the gameplay a bit boring at the minute. All the spells the cleric has are literally "Does N damage", and don't seem to have any major differences between them. I'll give it another try later (a patch is currently downloading at 5kb/s) and maybe try a different class, see how it goes.
    Remember each class has many souls/specs, literally limitless possibilities.

The warrior beast master support class spec is really fun to play

i have a code if anyone is still looking for one

Does BananAH work? If it does, I clicked the eye on one of my items and now I can't see it :/ Also, not all of my "sellable" items are showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Yes it does work. ALways remember to do a full scan first. Also it filters, check that the drop-down box is set to All
    It saves an enormous amount of time reposting your unsolds :P

Oh, and now Blightweald is filling up. Was on High for the last few nights. So far, low level chat is well behaved with hradly any trolls. Sincerely hope it stays that way.

If you are looking for a long established mature & casual raiding guild, check us out Immortals

• Advertisement

morgana wrote: »
    Yes it does work. ALways remember to do a full scan first. Also it filters, check that the drop-down box is set to All
    It saves an enormous amount of time reposting your unsolds :P

Oh, and now Blightweald is filling up. Was on High for the last few nights. So far, low level chat is well behaved with hradly any trolls. Sincerely hope it stays that way.

If you are looking for a long established mature & casual raiding guild, check us out Immortals

Is that where ye went! Blightweald! I will transfer now :P sick of the guild I am in. Can't have a decent conversation without your view being dismissed if it doesn't match the masses. Screw em :P

Advertisement