Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Food baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I wont lie I'm not mad on Pitt Bros at all found it meh to be honest, and I love my slow cooked meat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I miss being up in Galway, I'd love a burrito now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I wont lie I'm not mad on Pitt Bros at all found it meh to be honest, and I love my slow cooked meat.

It's my first time really trying that sort of thing, and I liked it.

Was telling the boyfriend about it, and he's jealous, so when he's due his 'cheat meal' (he's bulking), I'm taking him to the Bison Bar because it's meant to be an even nicer place. :)

It's my first time really trying that sort of thing, and I liked it.

Was telling the boyfriend about it, and he's jealous, so when he's due his 'cheat meal' (he's bulking), I'm taking him to the Bison Bar because it's meant to be an even nicer place. :)

:pac: I don't rate either of them. Pitt Bros ripped off Bison Bar same menu, same food same price.

Plus Pitt Bros and Bison Bar don't count as a cheat meal ;) it's meat and more meat with veg sides.

• Advertisement

:pac: I don't rate either of them. Pitt Bros ripped off Bison Bar same menu, same food same price.

Plus Pitt Bros and Bison Bar don't count as a cheat meal ;) it's meat and more meat with veg sides.

That's a cheat meal for him :pac: He basically lives off of chicken, steak, veg and eggs. Having pork and sauces is a cheat for him :pac:

He's putting me through my paces once I join a gym next month. I mentioned that I missed PT. So he's going to kill me with exercise :(

I've lost 5lbs in the last 2 weeks though, so I'm happy enough.

That's a cheat meal for him :pac: He basically lives off of chicken, steak, veg and eggs. Having pork and sauces is a cheat for him :pac:

He's putting me through my paces once I join a gym next month. I mentioned that I missed PT. So he's going to kill me with exercise :(

I've lost 5lbs in the last 2 weeks though, so I'm happy enough.

Nothing wrong with pork though a lot of pork like turkey can be leaner than chicken ;) much like a lot of sauces depending on content are fine even professional bodybuilders eat sauce and they have the strictest diets I've ever seen :).

Congrats on the weight loss though :).

Nothing wrong with pork though a lot of pork like turkey can be leaner than chicken ;) much like a lot of sauces depending on content are fine even professional bodybuilders eat sauce and they have the strictest diets I've ever seen :).

Congrats on the weight loss though :).

Marty, I know that, and you know that but I'm not even trying to tell him. Leave him to his bloody steak :pac:

Thanks. Just got more strict, gone very low on carbs and avoiding processed food. Running each night too. On a weird, determined health buzz lately. It's nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I've decided I'm gonna shave me hair off tonight.
    Pain In me hole with styling it and Shiite ( I won't leave the house without gel in it)
    So razor is on charge and 1 all over. Wonder will I miss it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I prefer Bison to Pitt Bros.

I have my cheat meal ready for tonight - chicken pie and spicy wedges. I know, I'm totally losing it :pac: I just couldn't bring myself to have pizza though. And I'll have some buffalo Hunky Dory's after too. Looking forward to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

God you lot make me feel fat. Better ring up and cancel my aromatic duck, sweet & sour shredded chicken and chicken balls.

Orim wrote: »
    God you lot make me feel fat. Better ring up and cancel my aromatic duck, sweet & sour shredded chicken and chicken balls.

You should. Sweet and sour is gross. :p

Too late. It's here and it's delicious.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

You're just taking one for the team, that's all :pac: I'll enjoy all the carbs this evening :D

Marty, I know that, and you know that but I'm not even trying to tell him. Leave him to his bloody steak :pac:

Thanks. Just got more strict, gone very low on carbs and avoiding processed food. Running each night too. On a weird, determined health buzz lately. It's nice :)

Well it's all good steak is delicious :).

jenizzle wrote: »
    I prefer Bison to Pitt Bros.

I have my cheat meal ready for tonight - chicken pie and spicy wedges. I know, I'm totally losing it :pac: I just couldn't bring myself to have pizza though. And I'll have some buffalo Hunky Dory's after too. Looking forward to it :D

I prefer Aussie BBQ over both :).

:pac: going wild, I'm about to order my weekly cheat meal thinking taco chips and a spice burger. Been craving a buffalo hunky dory and white bread sandwich all week.

Haven't had the pulled pork, which I think is the big test, but the brisket in Bison is delish. Probably better than Aussie BBQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Tasty chips > Taco chips.

Tasty chips and a hot dog. Heaven.

I am having an alcoholic drink! ALCOHOLLLLLLL Malibu and Pink Lemonade. YUM.

Orim wrote: »
    Haven't had the pulled pork, which I think is the big test, but the brisket in Bison is delish. Probably better than Aussie BBQ.

Pulled pork is one of my favorite foods, never had brisket in Aussie BBQ so can't comment.

One thing I find about Aussie BBQ is if you go in late food really deteriorates badly like a lot of late night opening places they assume everyone is pissed and let standards drop during the day is delicious.
    January wrote: »
    Tasty chips > Taco chips.

Tasty chips and a hot dog. Heaven.

I am having an alcoholic drink! ALCOHOLLLLLLL Malibu and Pink Lemonade. YUM.

Mmmm it's cheat night so I have alcohol to :) a mixture of sol and two random world beers I picked up to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Off out tonight for the first time in months...hope to god my pain stays at home!

kellief wrote: »
    Off out tonight for the first time in months...hope to god my pain stays at home!

Fingers crossed!

Marty - I really want to try that new Amstell Radler... I'm not a beer person at all... but maybe beer with lemon in it would be nice.

• Advertisement

One thing I find about Aussie BBQ is if you go in late food really deteriorates badly like a lot of late night opening places they assume everyone is pissed and let standards drop during the day is delicious.

I think it's the nature of the beast. You can't force slow-cooked meat, you need to wait. Bison will stop serving when they run out of whatever was cooked overnight but it's a bar as well so can fall back on that. Aussie BBQ doesn't have that option so they I guess they suffer quality drops rather than turning people away.

Have fun Kellief.

Fingers crossed!

Marty - I really want to try that new Amstell Radler... I'm not a beer person at all... but maybe beer with lemon in it would be nice.

Its not bad you can't even taste the beer it's only 2% so barely counts as alcohol :) give it a try.

Its not bad you can't even taste the beer it's only 2% so barely counts as alcohol :) give it a try.

It's only 2% :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Fingers crossed!

I hope so! Super excited, first time I haven't cried getting ready, feeling quite body confident and I am happy! :)

I'm having some nice IPA beer, no clue what it is, but tastes nice. :)

I'm working tomorrow, so I'm dreading that, as I won't be getting home tonight til about 3am.

Ah well. Happy Saturday. :)

So Paul Aherne has left Spilled Ink and gone to The Ink Factory interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Fingers crossed!

I can vouch for Amstel Radler. It's very refreshing. Tastes very much like slightly watery Club Lemon but it's yummy poured over ice. Also fairly cheap- €7.50 for a 6 pack of bottles in SuperValu.

In other news: I've exchanged close to 30 messages to a fantastic guy on OKC. He's sweet, honest, funny and doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs and isn't a total weirdo.It's early days but I'm hoping to possibly meet him in another week or two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

McChubbin wrote: »
    He's sweet, honest, funny and doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs and isn't a total weirdo.

I was wondering if you were talking about me, until I got to the bold bit... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Well ladies and gents, any craic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

In the cinema to see it now myself, with herself.

Well?? What did you think? I'm heading to Blanch on Wednesday with herself to see it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement