Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Having wasabi for the first time. My god, it's delish.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Wasabi with sushi, feckin' yum!

Had it with chicken balls. Tasty stuff alright.

Don't do sushi cause I'm not a fan of fish and I hate being picky about food, so sushi seems like a massive chore especially in any of those conveyor belt style places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Orim wrote: »
    Had it with chicken balls. Tasty stuff alright.

Don't do sushi cause I'm not a fan of fish and I hate being picky about food, so sushi seems like a massive chore especially in any of those conveyor belt style places.

Sushi just refers to the rice bit, the raw fish bit has another name I can't remember. Most places have a few varieties with non-fish fillings.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Well?? What did you think? I'm heading to Blanch on Wednesday with herself to see it...

Thoroughly enjoyed it, we both did. There was one character is expected more from, but wasn't disappointed by that either, was more understated and stopped it from going into silly territory I guess.

• Advertisement

Sushi just refers to the rice bit, the raw fish bit has another name I can't remember. Most places have a few varieties with non-fish fillings.

True but it's still fairly rare. From past experience, you're looking at maybe 1 in 10 to be non-fish and most restaurants are the conveyor belt style or mixed platters which is pain.

Sorting out tickets and transport to see Animals as Leaders and Tesseract in Berlin which is going to be amazing.

Orim wrote: »
    Sorting out tickets and transport to see Animals as Leaders and Tesseract in Berlin which is going to be amazing.

Awww... please go to Halford bar and then onto K17 where you can get a steak sammich at 4am and then do more dancing. Haven't been in aaaaages, I'd love to go back.

Tried listening to AaL, but they were a little to "jazzy" for me. I'll still try though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Brisket has just gone in the slow cooker :).

jenizzle wrote: »
    Awww... please go to Halford bar and then onto K17 where you can get a steak sammich at 4am and then do more dancing. Haven't been in aaaaages, I'd love to go back.

Tried listening to AaL, but they were a little to "jazzy" for me. I'll still try though!

That sounds awesome. Haven't been to berlin before but I've heard nothing but great things so looking forward. Helps that there's an amazing gig on.

Yeah, they can be a little odd to listen but lately I've been leaning more towards that spectrum. Can take a few listens to get into what they're doing. This is an awesome track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Went to Cardiff for the weekend for the Heineken Cup! Was sitting next to a Heineken Rep on the flight over and he gave me a rake of vouchers for free Heineken!!! seats at the game where bloody class too, we some how ended up in the press box! right i the halfway, best seats in the house!! then an onslaught of alcohol was to follow! to say I'm a little under the weather at work today is an understatement :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

The fish bit is called sashimi if I remember correctly...:confused:

Another day, another waste of a morning searching for jobs, work experience and CE schemes. There is FUQ ALL out there and I'm getting so very depressed.
    If I don't get at least 10 weeks doing unpaid work ANYWHERE I won't be able to pass my course and get the ****ing thing over with. :mad::(
    Urgh.
    Someone give me something deep fried and smothered in chocolate...

So this is how my Brisket turned out yesterday placed in a baked sweet potato and lots left over for today :).

eaa1e827-a53a-4185-a10a-6c5fbdd4110b_zps614a2b9d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Jaysus, I feel full just looking at that! Looks great :)

Weighed myself this morning. Hit 7lbs loss. Now, time to get another 2 stone off aand then I'll be happy.

Went to see xmen with the boyfriend last night. It was class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

So this is how my Brisket turned out yesterday placed in a baked sweet potato and lots left over for today :).

eaa1e827-a53a-4185-a10a-6c5fbdd4110b_zps614a2b9d.jpg

Yeah, and your address is?? *drool*

When you say brisket, what meat did you actually buy?

Think I might have some shredded beef in the freezer, if not, some will be cooked this evening :D

January wrote: »
    Yeah, and your address is?? *drool*

You bring cake and lots of it or alcohol and you got yourself a deal :pac::)
    When you say brisket, what meat did you actually buy?

Think I might have some shredded beef in the freezer, if not, some will be cooked this evening :D

The cut is called brisket, it's from the lower chest of a cow.

It's generally what butchers use for selling there stir fry beef but for slow cooking best of getting a big ol lump of it :).

Any decent butchers will have it, ask for it to be cut from the bone as well to make it easier on yourself.

The cut is called brisket, it's from the lower chest of a cow.

It's generally what butchers use for selling there stir fry beef but for slow cooking best of getting a big ol lump of it :).

Any decent butchers will have it, ask for it to be cut from the bone as well to make it easier on yourself.

Ah ok! I've not bought meat from a butchers in years. Lidl/Aldi ftw! Might pay a visit this afternoon on my way home from work so. Is brisket very fatty? I know slow cooking helps get rid of it, but I hate fatty meat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Looks unreal Marty!! must definitely call to yours for dinner some evening haha

Would make a nice change from chicken/turkey/fish and veg 5 times a day :P

Ah ok! I've not bought meat from a butchers in years. Lidl/Aldi ftw! Might pay a visit this afternoon on my way home from work so. Is brisket very fatty? I know slow cooking helps get rid of it, but I hate fatty meat!

Depends on the cut they give you I find it can be very fatty, slow cooking also make it easier to seperate the fat from the meat once cooked.

Really god value I got about 14 euros worth which done for two dinners, two lunchs today and I'll probably end up using it again in some shape or form for my lunch again tomorrow.

Try it you wont regret it :)

Sounds a bit like the pork shoulder I used for pulled pork. Separating the skin/fat from the meat was a bit of a chore, but somewhat therapeutic in that strange "I'm not a serial killer, I swear!" way...

Of course the little fatty bits left come away so, so easily once it's been slow cooked for long enough.

• Advertisement

Should have a T+P "Come dine with me" considering how much we all go on about food.

Interview set for Tuesday. Had a chat on the phone and it sounds great. Fingers crossed that I'll be moving on soon.

Sounds a bit like the pork shoulder I used for pulled pork. Separating the skin/fat from the meat was a bit of a chore, but somewhat therapeutic in that strange "I'm not a serial killer, I swear!" way...

Of course the little fatty bits left come away so, so easily once it's been slow cooked for long enough.

Yea it is similar although I do find the brisket a lot less fatty than the pork shoulders I have gotten.

Although the last pork shoulder I got was still on the bone skin and all in tact.

Again I think its a lot to do with the cut you get off the butcher :).

This was the best one I've made so far I think always trying new spice mixes and sauces with it and the one I used last night went perfectly :), although I've yet to try the one from the cooking club 3 days prep but I will do it someday.

Tattoos & Piercing Come Dine with Me could be interesting :pac:.

Best of luck with the job Orim.

...although I've yet to try the one from the cooking club 3 days prep but I will do it someday.

That's the one I've made (a couple of times), it is lengthy but oh so worth it.
    The steps are:
    1st day: make the rub, cut off the skin, rub the rub in, and pop it in the fridge overnight. (I always got it pre-boned (giggedy))
    2nd day: Prepare the cooking aromatics, pop into the slow cooker and top off with the liquid, and leave cooking overnight.
    3rd day: Wake up smelling the beautiful smells of slow cooked deliciousness wafting through your house, try not to drown from the drool, remove any bits of fat, pull the pork and sauce it. Devour.

That's the one I've made (a couple of times), it is lengthy but oh so worth it.
    The steps are:
    1st day: make the rub, cut off the skin, rub the rub in, and pop it in the fridge overnight. (I always got it pre-boned (giggedy))
    2nd day: Prepare the cooking aromatics, pop into the slow cooker and top off with the liquid, and leave cooking overnight.
    3rd day: Wake up smelling the beautiful smells of slow cooked deliciousness wafting through your house, try not to drown from the drool, remove any bits of fat, pull the pork and sauce it. Devour.

That is the hardest yet the best bit of slow cooking I had the brisket in the slow cooker for over 8 hours yesterday smell was wonderful had me salivating all day long :).

The cooking clubs pulled pork or the slow cooked beef espresso bean bbq sauce are both high up on my lists.

This time I used a sauce I found for slow cooked bbq ribs in the recipes section a long time ago and worked brilliantly with Brisket.

If you haven't tried Sparks' chilli, it needs to go on your list too. It's spectacular.

If you haven't tried Sparks' chilli, it needs to go on your list too. It's spectacular.

Another one for the list so :), I've a huge amount of things on my list of things to cook all my bookmarked pages are recipes :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You bring cake and lots of it or alcohol and you got yourself a deal :pac::)

SOLD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

So lads, dinner party in Marty's. He's providing the food, january is providing the booze. Let's go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going to be a cake sale on in college soon. I'm planning to make upside down pineapple rum cake to sell. Should be fun.
    Here's one I made earlier:
    308683.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

So lads, dinner party in Marty's. He's providing the food, january is providing the booze. Let's go.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Going to be a cake sale on in college soon. I'm planning to make upside down pineapple rum cake to sell. Should be fun.
    Here's one I made earlier:
    308683.jpg
    And within 2 minutes dessert was sorted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement